Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family

game pass.JPG

Microsoft has officially unveiled its new Xbox Game Pass tier: Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family. With this bundle, the subscriber and up to four people can have access to Game Pass Ultimate. Payments are made by the primary account holder who is also able to add/remove secondary members to the group membership and they must be in the same country/region.

Microsoft is currently trialing Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family in Colombia and the Republic of Ireland, while future countries/regions "might be added in the next months". The subscription fee in Colombia and Ireland is 49,900 COP and 21.99 euros, respectively.

More details about Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family can be found via the official page in the source link below.

:arrow: SOURCE

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They announce everything but games
Sony and Microsoft rely on multiplatform games for their consoles so that's the games to look forward to.

Nintendo on the other hand, their consoles thrive because of the exclusives because if it's to play multiplats, then you may as well play it on PC/PS/Xbox.

This is also part of the reason why I'm not bothered to buy a PS5. I'll wait a couple of years for PS5 Slim to be released and there'll be games I actually want to play.

• Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Sony and Microsoft rely on multiplatform games for their consoles so that's the games to look forward to.

Nintendo on the other hand, their consoles thrive because of the exclusives because if it's to play multiplats, then you may as well play it on PC/PS/Xbox.

This is also part of the reason why I'm not bothered to buy a PS5. I'll wait a couple of years for PS5 Slim to be released and there'll be games I actually want to play.
I'm not in a rush for the current gen either because my gtx 970 still handle current games (it is not great, but runs everything) and there are not a single game that I wish to play available there.

The thing here is that I'm quite old already and never seem a generation so dry on games like the current one, and I'm pissed off in a way, I miss a lot that feeling of greatness of new stuff that gaming always had and now lacks.

About PS5 slim, I may be wrong but I'm guessing that they will gatekeep PS4 compatibility on revised PS5 models. Current Sony CEO is a disgusting figure, and Sony had done this before... so... maybe the big boy will be the way to go until the end of the generation. We'll see.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yet a respectful number of multiplats get released on Switch, and they're perfectly playable for what they are.

We have Nier Automata coming, and god knows what we will see in the upcoming Direct.

I think it's time to get rid of this old fashioned way of thinking. The Switch offers something that makes it a viable platform for multiplatform games, and has enough power for it to run them, it's neither a Wii nor a Wii U.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet a respectful number of multiplats get released on Switch, and they're perfectly playable for what they are.

We have Nier Automata coming, and god knows what we will see in the upcoming Direct.

I think it's time to get rid of this old fashioned way of thinking. The Switch offers something that makes it a viable platform for multiplatform games, and has enough power for it to run them, it's neither a Wii nor a Wii U.
It's perfectly playable, but there are superior versions.

Just like DOOM 3 BFG on current consoles, it's playable although I'd rather play the original edition instead.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did think fee weeks back, as subscriptions were being sold off ridiculously cheap, but as they hadn't indicated at all, guessed it was just people cashing in, or a huge amount of dodgy cards, etc.

Time to look at the terms

Edit: looking now, it's marketed as friends and family, which is very strange. Can't imagine the friends part will stay long, it never tends to, but we'll see. That's to say if it even makes it to other areas at all, let alone in its current form.

You can't get to 3 years (max), with out paying cash. Ultimate converts at a ratio of 30 days Ultimate, to 18 days F&F (other users joining have their subscription cancelled, not combined with yours, which makes sense)

No where near as generous as Ultimate was, but you share full benefits with 4 other users.

I'd personally prefer they removed the perks, as they're almost always trashy free to play skins.

Last edited by yoyoyo69,

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I totally agree, I’ve been saying as much for many years. Gameplay is what matters most, graphics are just gravy.

Don’t get me wrong, I like a purdy looking game as much as the next person. But I’ll happily play a reduced quality version, so long as the gameplay is intact.

Sure, I’ve got a PS5, XSX, Switch, Steam Deck and PC. But with multi-plat titles, I don’t necessarily go for the obvious choice and choose the best looking version. I’ll pick the one that best suits my needs for it, if that means playing on Switch or SD for portability, that’s what I’ll do.

Reactions: Osakasan

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I totally agree, I’ve been saying as much for many years. Gameplay is what matters most, graphics are just gravy.

Don’t get me wrong, I like a purdy looking game as much as the next person. But I’ll happily play a reduced quality version, so long as the gameplay is intact.

Sure, I’ve got a PS5, XSX, Switch, Steam Deck and PC. But with multi-plat titles, I don’t necessarily go for the obvious choice and choose the best looking version. I’ll pick the one that best suits my needs for it, if that means playing on Switch or SD for portability, that’s what I’ll do.
That's where i am too. At this point graphics are just a neat addition to the experience, framerate it's way more importante and obviously the higher the better, but i honestly think that beyond 60 fps is a bit overblown.

I have bought a surprisingly amount of multiplats on Switch, some of them being so-called impossible ports, and they're perfectly playable (and in some cases they benefit from cross save too, Witcher 3 is literally a complement to the PC version thanks to that)

I have a pretty stacked PC (3060ti, Ryzen 5600, 32 GB, full SSD...) So the power difference between It and the Switch should make some games unplayable, yet here we are)

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is Sony doing that mych better so Microsoft is getting desperate?

Ah right they did decide to offer "free Windows 10" and free "Windows 11" and they Xbox One sales were ridiculously low.

Honesty I would pay money for a Windows 11 without Ads and crapware that refuses to go away like Candy Crush.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Sony doing that mych better so Microsoft is getting desperate?

Ah right they did decide to offer "free Windows 10" and free "Windows 11" and they Xbox One sales were ridiculously low.

Honesty I would pay money for a Windows 11 without Ads and crapware that refuses to go away like Candy Crush.
look up windows 10 ( or 11) debloat script it does a great job even if MS frowns upon it and gives you the shaft with disabling updates or go to linux gaming has made strides on wine/steam (I prefer arch linux as it has the linux-tkg kernel whith optimization patches for games) though i would recommend not using the official distro as the install requires you to use terminal commands to install)use something like Manjaro for a beginner to arch

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1