Microsoft is discontinuing production of the Xbox 360

Xbox360_Console_controller_RHS_34_rgb_Launch2013-No-Kinect.png
After the console has had more than a 10 year run, Microsoft will now be stopping production of the Xbox 360. Microsoft has said that Xbox Live servers will still remain online for the time being, so that players can still access all the features of the console. The Xbox 360 has sold over 80 million units to date.

Xbox 360 means a lot to everyone in Microsoft. And while we’ve had an amazing run, the realities of manufacturing a product over a decade old are starting to creep up on us. Which is why we have made the decision to stop manufacturing new Xbox 360 consoles. We will continue to sell existing inventory of Xbox 360 consoles, with availability varying by country.
:arrow: Source

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this was certainly a long time coming. I still have my 360, an old Elite model, and it still plays like new. But maybe this will give developers incentive to allow MS to port their games, so they can continue to get SOMETHING out of their work over the course of another console generation. And here's also hoping that MS also gets the backwards compatibility less wonky. Halo Reach is pretty much unplayable, lol.

Halo Reach was updated months ago, and it plays perfectly. There were a bunch of games that played badly at first drop, but most if not all of them have received title updates to fix the framerate issues.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halo Reach was updated months ago, and it plays perfectly. There were a bunch of games that played badly at first drop, but most if not all of them have received title updates to fix the framerate issues.
Thanks for the news. I was actually so put out with it that I haven't tried for a while. At least it shows that MS is serious about backwards compatibility beyond just getting it out the door.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!