Hacking Mighty Channels

marcioap1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This weekend I decided to test Mighty Channels with cIOS rev17 again and to my surprise it worked! I don't know what happened before, but now I can play games the N64 games that did not work before. I realized that sometimes takes too long to load the game, but then it works flawlessly.

Bomberman Hero -> Works
Zelda Majora's Mask -> Works
Paper Mario -> Works
Super Smash Bros. -> Works
Ogre Battle 64 -> Works
San Francisco Rush (injected) -> Doesn't work
Rush 2 (injected) -> Doesn't work

Would be nice if other loaders allow us to load these games using a non-d2x cIOS...

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This weekend I decided to test Mighty Channels with cIOS rev17 again and to my surprise it worked! I don't know what happened before, but now I can play games the N64 games that did not work before. I realized that sometimes takes too long to load the game, but then it works flawlessly.

Bomberman Hero -> Works
Paper Mario -> Works
Ogre Battle 64 -> Works

Would be nice if other loaders allow us to load these games using a non-d2x cIOS...
I would like that too. Perhaps it would be more reliable than using forwarder ISO's like I was doing for a while.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Bomberman Hero -> Works
Paper Mario -> Works
Ogre Battle 64 -> Works

Hi, i also installed cios rev17b but mighty channels doesn't play along well.

Here's the rundown...

1. Installed modmii
2. Downloaded cios rev 17 as a wad for slot 240 (i chose that, so as not to mess with d2x occupied slots (245-251) which i use for Wii games in GX)
3. I succesfully installed 244cios17b.wad via wad manager
4. I load MC, with a d2x IOS (such as 249) and sync nand back up with real nand
5. I edit the .xml file for mighty channels to now use ios 240, as this has rev17b in it. I get an ''error -1 can't get title list''
It should be noted that as soon as i edit the xml back to use a d2x cios, MC works.

Any ideas? Mariocap1, in which slot did you install rev 17?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i also installed cios rev17b but mighty channels doesn't play along well.

Here's the rundown...

1. Installed modmii
2. Downloaded cios rev 17 as a wad for slot 240 (i chose that, so as not to mess with d2x occupied slots (245-251) which i use for Wii games in GX)
3. I succesfully installed 244cios17b.wad via wad manager
4. I load MC, with a d2x IOS (such as 249) and sync nand back up with real nand
5. I edit the .xml file for mighty channels to now use ios 240, as this has rev17b in it. I get an ''error -1 can't get title list''
It should be noted that as soon as i edit the xml back to use a d2x cios, MC works.

The name 244cios17b does not seem to follow ModMii's general convention. In fact, it sounds as if that wad installs to slot 244. Are you sure you installed to slot 240, as you intended? Try changing the xml to load from slot 244 to verify. Mighty Channels tells you the slot it loaded from in a corner.

By the way, you don't really need all of those d2x cIOS's. With base 56 and base 57, usually installed to 249 and 250, you can play all games.

marcioap1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I installed it to slot 248.
Is your emunand in the root of the usb drive? As themanuel stated before, it can't be in a subfolder. It only work in a subfolder with a d2x cIOS.

The name 244cios17b does not seem to follow ModMii's general convention. In fact, it sounds as if that wad installs to slot 244. Are you sure you installed to slot 240, as you intended? Try changing the xml to load from slot 244 to verify. Mighty Channels tells you the slot it loaded from in a corner.
That's right. You can press the Home Button and look in the low left corner to see which IOS you are using.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ah, i forgot to clarify that i installed cios17 in slot 240 AND after the error -1 in 244 too. Unfortunately i still get error -1 when editing the .xml for 240 or 244. I intalled both wads.

Is your emunand in the root of the usb drive? As themanuel stated before, it can't be in a subfolder. It only work in a subfolder with a d2x cIOS.

Well it is on the root, yes.
Also, i haven't deleted the from the xml from both sides of the arguments concerning subfolder, partition and fullmode.
I only edited them out of the IOS and SD arguments.

@the manuel: I don't know, but some wiiware games only work for ios 246 or 245 through GX for me, so i didn't try to mess with those slots at all.

==EDIT==
Guys, do you use Mighty Channels 11.1 or other version? My results are with 11.1. Is there another build?

A final question:
If anybody knows, do any more games work with cios17b besides the N64 trifecta of MM-Ogre Battle-Paper Mario?
Specifically: MDK2, MotoHeroz, Bonsai Barber, Fast Draw Showdown, Tumblebugs 2, Liight etc. Those worked for a little with d2x but always stuck eventually. What's their performance with cios17?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, i forgot to clarify that i installed cios17 in slot 240 AND after the error -1 in 244 too. Unfortunately i still get error -1 when editing the .xml for 240 or 244. I intalled both wads.

Well it is on the root, yes.
Also, i haven't deleted the from the xml from both sides of the arguments concerning subfolder, partition and fullmode.
I only edited them out of the IOS and SD arguments.

@the manuel: I don't know, but some wiiware games only work for ios 246 or 245 through GX for me, so i didn't try to mess with those slots at all.

==EDIT==
Guys, do you use Mighty Channels 11.1 or other version? My results are with 11.1. Is there another build?

A final question:
If anybody knows, do any more games work with cios17b besides the N64 trifecta of MM-Ogre Battle-Paper Mario?
Specifically: MDK2, MotoHeroz, Bonsai Barber, Fast Draw Showdown, Tumblebugs 2, Liight etc. Those worked for a little with d2x but always stuck eventually. What's their performance with cios17?
It allows MotoHeroz and Super Smash Brothers to work. I haven't tried the others you mentioned.
I don't currently use Mighty Channels but the version I played with previously was the one in the first post here.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the reply themanuel :)

Now an update, i have tried to install cios17 in slot 249 too, and amazingly, i STILL get an error ret=-1.
I then went and tried cIOS38_Rev17-Installer, and again i get the error, on BOTH MC* and triiforce MRC V10.
Again, same thing with installing IOS38-64-v3867.wad via Wad Manager.
As soon as i reinstall cIOS249[56]-d2x-v8-final.wad, with WM, MC and triiforce load fine.

* xml is set to 249 all the time, and emunand is in root, just to be clear

So in conclusion, regardless of the IOS slot, something in my setup doesn't like cios17.
What wad did you guys use?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to say what may be wrong with your setup.
I can send you tonight the wad file I used to install cIOS38rev17 on slot 247, but I don't think that's your issue, as you have tried to install it several different ways already.

The only other thing I can think of is the way in which you created your emunand. You might want to try a different nand extraction tool to see if it helps.
Also, I believe Postloader supports waninkoko CIOS's, so you can try that too. However, I don't know if it supports loading from slots other than 249.

marcioap1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can download older versions from here:
http://usuaris.tinet...hannels_english
I use version 11 beta 5, but there is no diference to version 11.1.

I also tried Cruis'n USA, Pokémon Puzzle League and Bomberman Hero and they work fine. I suppose all N64 games work.

The only other thing I can think of is the way in which you created your emunand. You might want to try a different nand extraction tool to see if it helps.
I agree. For me, Mighty Channels only worked with my nand dump. I had no luck using a emunand created through Modmii.
However, as you say your emunand work fine with cIOS d2x v8, maybe the problem isn't with it, but probably with cIOS rev 17.
Well, the first time I loaded Mighty Channels with cIOS rev 17 I had a problem with the Home Button freezing my system. When I tried again everything worked fine and I hadn't done nothing different.
Try installing the wad to the emunand. Maybe it helps. Who knows.
Good luck!

marcioap1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Today I played Bonsai Barber for 30 minutes and It worked perfectly.

alfman

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a mysterious Problem with Mighty Channels (using newest version) . I can have only 6 WiiWare Games installed , if i install another one ALL GAMES are crashing with a EXCEPTION (DSI) Error .

What can be the Problem ?!?

icepick66

Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding Mighty.dol, If you have your NTFS drive as partition 0, and a FAT32 NAND drive as partition 1, currently cfg loader doesn't have an option to tell mighty this, despite it being fully supported.
I've recompiled the dol to default to partition 1, it's forwards compatible if cfg loader ever gets round to implementing it natively,
so if your getting the error "Cannot find .dol", and you have 2 partitions on your HDD try this.

drewtheretrogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I just wanted to ask a quetsion or two. First, where should we place the NAND on our SD Card? Second, I keep getting "ERROR: I can't enable NAND Emulator." How can I fix this error? I am using vWii as well.

Thanks!

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mighty Channel 11 works fine but 11.1 is sorry crap all my games works most of all with version 11
but with version 11.1 latest build not none game works
WITCH CIOS OR OIS WORKS WITH THIS VERSION BUILD 11.1
I'M SICK OF IT !!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1