TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AyXFHWI.png

So I wanted to host a dedicated bedrock server for friends, but many of them only have the Switch version, which does not let you connect to any servers other than the ones on the featured list the Microsoft provides. With a bit of tinkering and testing, I've developed a method to redirect one of the servers on that list to any other dedicated bedrock server you want.

Currently this script only works on windows, but I'll be looking into developing a similar one for linux.
The basis is simple. Run a DNS server that replies with a custom IP when the game tries to resolve the IP for one of the servers. It runs using adguard home as our DNS server.

The script does basically all the dirty work for you. On first run, it will download adguard and pull up instructions on how to go through the initial setup for it. After that, you just run the script, give it a server URL/IP, and then on the Switch input for the DNS settings what the script gives for IPs. Then you should be able to just open up minecraft and load The Hive to sign in to your custom server. The nice thing is this should work for all switch units, even unhackable ones due to the fact that it doesn't require any homebrew running on the Switch to use.

I have no way to verify it, but this may also work for Xbox. If someone wants to test that then they can go ahead.
I believe I have all the potential bugs worked out, but I could have missed something obvious so let me know if something breaks! And if you have suggestions for making the script better (I know some of it is probably jank) also give me those suggestions!

Release v1.2:
- First public release

Release v1.2.1:
- Added color coding for various things
- Published to github so script can be previewed before download

Current Version Download

View Source on Github

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

tenderbeyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
hi, ive been searching on how to connect Minecraft (hacked switch) to a local dedicated server...
just want to ask if there is a work around on how to log into microsoft account with cfw?
i keep getting 2155-8007 error..

Last edited by tenderbeyr,

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, ive been searching on how to connect Minecraft (hacked switch) to a local dedicated server...
just want to ask if there is a work around on how to log into microsoft account with cfw?
i keep getting 2155-8007 error..
There isn't.

It needs to verify the Nintendo Online account before it even gives the option for the Microsoft account log in.

You can play local with other Switch units, or play solo. That's about it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
There isn't.

It needs to verify the Nintendo Online account before it even gives the option for the Microsoft account log in.

You can play local with other Switch units, or play solo. That's about it.

Do you know if it checks for an NSO account every time? Since it's using Xbox Live I wonder if the NSO check can be patched out in the same way that the YouTube app was patched. Doing so is beyond my skill level but it would be nice to see someone else do it.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if it checks for an NSO account every time? Since it's using Xbox Live I wonder if the NSO check can be patched out in the same way that the YouTube app was patched. Doing so is beyond my skill level but it would be nice to see someone else do it.
Yeah it's beyond myself as well. But the only time I could even get it to see another switch was via local play. Definitely couldn't see any local cross platform devices (tried Android and x86).

As for if you could patch out the NSO verification, my assumption is no. Minecraft is a popular enough game that if it could be patched to use MS only, it seems like it would have been by now. Either the original Switch only version or the current bedrock port.

The only ones I've even heard of being able to be patched is the jack series of games.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D