Gaming Minecraft

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Antoligy said:
And, can a mod cannibalise the first post so I can edit it?
I'm ready to revamp it completely (add the SMP server IPs, Classic server information (which will be changing shortly)
Just PM me the thread and stuff and I'll edit, or get a mod to lock this one and you make another thread

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, Ant, just make a new thread, make it look nice, and be sure to update it, and i'll pin it (i want a pinned thread, we just need to get it organized and have someone that can regularly update it as needed... which it looks like you want to do
wink.gif
)

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just found out why multi in Antoligy's server is lagging: all of the three levels beneath ground are flooded... and sponges won't work since it is stillwater.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Spikey said:
Also, gotta say things are coming along nicely in the server. Lots of interesting development. Because of the way SMP functions, I'm trying to keep a path system going leading to all built structures around the map. The maps are too huge to just build randomly in the middle of no where. XD

Finally, if any Tempers would like admin privileges, hit me up in PM and we'll get together on the server and I'll add you. If you're a random and I have no idea who you are, you won't be getting such rights, so don't bother asking me.
Same on my end, I'll be moving it's hosting to something more stable, and will be making a better default map (one with guest area, builder area etc....)
also, admin please?
tongue.gif

prowler_ said:
Antoligy said:
And, can a mod cannibalise the first post so I can edit it?
I'm ready to revamp it completely (add the SMP server IPs, Classic server information (which will be changing shortly)Just PM me the thread and stuff and I'll edit, or get a mod to lock this one and you make another thread

I'll go with WildWon's option, it's simplest for all of us. Thanks for the thread!

QUOTE(Orc @ Aug 11 2010, 03:24 PM) Wow someone turned the underground tunnel base I was making into some Satanic ritual chamber. FUUUUUUUUUUUU-
that was spikey
tongue.gif

QUOTE(metamaster @ Aug 11 2010, 05:53 PM)
Just found out why multi in Antoligy's server is lagging: all of the three levels beneath ground are flooded... and sponges won't work since it is stillwater.
I forgot to mention that Multi was a stock multiple environment world, in future I'll just use a large randomly generated map since that was most popular.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Orc said:
Wow someone turned the underground tunnel base I was making into some Satanic ritual chamber. FUUUUUUUUUUUU-
lmao, I'm sorry. I thought it would look cool/creepy. Feel free to destroy it.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Spikey said:
Orc said:
Wow someone turned the underground tunnel base I was making into some Satanic ritual chamber. FUUUUUUUUUUUU-
lmao, I'm sorry. I thought it would look cool/creepy. Feel free to destroy it.
it reminds me of home
frown.gif

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Antoligy said:
I forgot to mention that Multi was a stock multiple environment world, in future I'll just use a large randomly generated map since that was most popular.
The levels below weren't flooded before. Some grievers must have done this. Now even with full fog, you can barely move, that wasn't a problem before. You should just clear the map and make a randomly generated one.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
metamaster said:
Antoligy said:
The levels below weren't flooded before. Some grievers must have done this. Now even with full fog, you can barely move, that wasn't a problem before. You should just clear the map and make a randomly generated one.

I'll remove it when I upgrade the server tomorrow morning.
I'll also remove EoF due to all the trouble it's been causing.
QUOTE(Wombo Combo @ Aug 12 2010, 01:05 AM)
Bought the game awhile back nice to see we have a server I joined a few times. What do you have to do to become a builder?
gimme your username and I'll builder you ASAP

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Spikey decided to set me on fire, in the process of murdering me he set fire to AshuraZros library.

We cant put the fire out and its spreading.

That is all.
All is well now. Though it was extremely funny/worrying at the time.
laugh.gif

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting some money pretty soon and I'm debating about whether or not to spend it on minecraft, or just keeping it until steam has another big sale. I'd only be getting one game if I bought minecraft and I'd be using all the money i got (20$) but it looks really awesome. On the other hand, I have no idea when steam will have it's next big sale, and tbh, there aren't many games that I really really want on steam. L4D2 would get boring after a couple weeks. Thoughts?

Edit: Apparently the dollars fallen more than I thought and it's only 12 USD. I think I will be purchasing this soon. I hope it doesn't go to beta before i get to, otherwise I will be pissed.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
BiscuitBee said:
Just bought it. Tried all the SMP IPs in this thread. I am disappoint. Any servers up? Probably have... 10 minutes before I go to sleep tonight, haha
...you still haven't tried TempCraft
EDIT: Scratch that, you joined about 10 seconds after I posted

QUOTE(jgu1994 @ Aug 12 2010, 03:46 AM) I'm getting some money pretty soon and I'm debating about whether or not to spend it on minecraft, or just keeping it until steam has another big sale. I'd only be getting one game if I bought minecraft and I'd be using all the money i got (20$) but it looks really awesome. On the other hand, I have no idea when steam will have it's next big sale, and tbh, there aren't many games that I really really want on steam. L4D2 would get boring after a couple weeks. Thoughts?
L4D2
Zombies: Yes
Skeletons: No
Slimes: No
Gabe Newell: Yes

MineCraft
Zombies: Yes
Skeletons: Yes
Slimes: Yes
Gabe Newell: No

I'd go with minecraft while it's still 50% off. then save up and use the rest of your money to buy left4win2 next steam sale.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jgu: Get minecraft. It's addicting. And as soon as you purchase it, you're in for all future versions & addons for free (as stated by Notch {the creator and God of minecraft}, himself).

@biscuit: Get used to the single player before trying multi. It'll make so much more sense, and you'll understand how it SHOULD feel, since SMP is fucking buggy as fuck (yes, it's so bad it deserved two uses of the word "fuck").
It'll also put the craving into your mouth for a fully working, epic SMP release.
wink.gif

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WildWon said:
@biscuit: Get used to the single player before trying multi. It'll make so much more sense, and you'll understand how it SHOULD feel, since SMP is fucking buggy as fuck (yes, it's so bad it deserved two uses of the word "fuck").
It'll also put the craving into your mouth for a fully working, epic SMP release.
wink.gif
I'm going to print out some recipes in colour at work and spend some time getting used to the single-player for sure
smile.gif

QUOTE(Antoligy @ Aug 11 2010, 11:02 PM) ...you still haven't tried TempCraft
EDIT: Scratch that, you joined about 10 seconds after I posted
Only because you mentioned it here. Then I had to go to sleep. haha

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
]I'm going to print out some recipes in colour at work and spend some time getting used to the single-player for sure
smile.gif

Oh yea, recipes are the staple of this game. Wonderfully, though, once you learn the basics, crafting recipes start making sense and are easily memorable.

Then you can work towards making fun things, and building...

Shit, i want to play now :-\ Stupid job.

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh i bought minecraft this week, SMP is fun but broken so just been playing SSP, Built me a mob farmer, it basically drowns them when they try to come for me and then water carrys items to the middle where i collect
biggrin.gif
. It's so fun i can't wait till SMP finally gets working.

Anyone who hasn't and plays Minecraft you should definately buy, i spend hours on it when i log to play, it's so addicting and fun.

Classic is cool too made some cool pixel art on tempcraft like haunter and charizard etc.

Basically it's worth the $10, later you'll have to pay more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Super Crown Bowser edition Switch lol
    Analog stick nipples
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06