MM-LINX - Super Mario Maker 2 Level Injector

nstall the MM-LINX homebrew application on your switch, to install levels uploaded to https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/ directly to your Super Mario Maker 2 Level slots!

Very early release, please be patient and it will get better with time as all of my applications do :) Feel free to post feature requests and bug reports.

This is currently hard coded to use the first user profile. Please ensure that Super Mario Maker 2 is not running, and that you have at least one SMM2 save on the first user's profile.

For maximum compatibility and stability, we recommend that you use ReiNX or SX.

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

edit: 1.01 fixed sorting, press + to sort
edit: 1.02 added support for uploading your levels to tinfoil.io from MM-LINX
edit: 1.03 added file browser for installing levels from (sd, ftp, http, gdrive, usb, etc), search, ability to change user, translation (needs work), ability to copy files to and from smm2's save directly, themes, other stuff I probably forgot.
edit: 1.04 saving / loading is now much faster and does not overwrite your save progress; added columns for difficulty, rating, and course id; ability to unlock hammer and super flower on supported cfw's.
edit: 1.05 increased security, mandatory update. Cloud servers will no longer work with previous versions (downloads section will be empty).

mmlinx4.jpg
mmlinx3.jpg
mmlinx2.jpg
mmlinx1.jpg

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

Attachments

• mmlinx3.jpg
    mmlinx3.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 2,084
  • mmlinx1.jpg
    mmlinx1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 591
  • mmlinx2.jpg
    mmlinx2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 650
Last edited by blawar,

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey, this tool is pretty great and does exactly what it says on the tin. Just one issue however, whenever I use this app to modify the save data, it turns all of the empty level slots into corrupted data. The slots can be played and edited, but they're blank. From what I can tell it's just a cosmetic corruption and doesn't crash the game (and can be changed) but I'm worried about unseen deeper ramifications. This happened when I tried downloading a level, and deleting one of my own from within the app.
EHdFIE2.png

Reactions: mathew77

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One feature I would ask for is to allow installation of external level files from the SD card. Some people are able to dump levels from the official server and this tool would make importing them much easier.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this work with atmos/kosmos and does it work with 90dns
I'm using incognito and kosmos and it works fine.

Install the MMLINX homebrew application on your switch, to install levels uploaded to https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/ directly to your Super Mario Maker 2 Level slots!

Very early release, please be patient and it will get better with time as all of my applications do :) Feel free to post feature requests and bug reports.

For maximum compatibility and stability, we recommend that you use ReiNX or SX.

Download: https://tinfoil.io/repo/mmlinx.latest.zip

edit: 1.01 fixed sorting, press + to sort

View attachment 171822 View attachment 171823 View attachment 171824

Download: https://tinfoil.io/repo/mmlinx.latest.zip
This is great! Is it possible that you could make it not wipe levels installed by level packs such as the chris level pack which install levels to the download section instead of the make section?

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, this tool is pretty great and does exactly what it says on the tin. Just one issue however, whenever I use this app to modify the save data, it turns all of the empty level slots into corrupted data. The slots can be played and edited, but they're blank. From what I can tell it's just a cosmetic corruption and doesn't crash the game (and can be changed) but I'm worried about unseen deeper ramifications. This happened when I tried downloading a level, and deleting one of my own from within the app.
EHdFIE2.png

due to technical reasons, that is how it is supposed to work. I need the cmac key for signing the save data file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm using incognito and kosmos and it works fine.

This is great! Is it possible that you could make it not wipe levels installed by level packs such as the chris level pack which install levels to the download section instead of the make section?

not without the cmac key

Reactions: gamemasteru03

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course it needs internet, how else does it get the stages?

If im going online anyways to get these stages, then why not use use the game itself to play those stages.?

Is it safe now to go online and not get banned?

I thought this program had stages saved within itself or download a zip pack weekly with new stages to chose from via HBL, and inject them into the game.
There should be a offline streamlined version, with packs to install?

D

Deleted User

If im going online anyways to get these stages, then why not use use the game itself to play those stages.?

Is it safe now to go online and not get banned?

I thought this program had stages saved within itself or download a zip pack weekly with new stages to chose from via HBL, and inject them into the game.
There should be a offline streamlined version, with packs to install?
you will get banned if you go online so just use 90dns

Reactions: karloz25

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great looking tool! Really good GUI and a very good start.

I don't mind that it's closed source. It's not like everyone actually reads the entire source code to an app and then compiles it themselves. Most users just download the pre-compiled binaries and hope for the best, which is no different then downloading pre-compiled close sourced apps.

I support good software and don't discriminate due to it's licensing agreement. Hell, the software is being used with a closed source game for a closed source device running a closed source OS. I'd advise if you're so against closed source stuff to give your video gaming console collection to me otherwise STFU.

Is there any source code to compile mmlinx yourself and do a code review for a possible spyware and malware?

The author is seasoned Nintendo Switch homebrew developer. I highly doubt he'd ruin his reputation destroying Switch consoles after all he's done for the scene.

Last edited by cots,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That didn't stop other homebrew devs in the past (see the ds brickers).

Of course it's not going to prevent devs from doing it, but neither is simply downloading a pre-compiled binary you don't read the source to and compile yourself. With the NDS, we saw, what, Darkfader create a flashcard bricker for competitors against NeoFlash? I mean, that's a rare occurrence. If we were seeing massive amounts of homebrew brickers for the Switch then I'd be concerned, but this brew' is coming from a reputable dev and tested by a lot people that aren't all uptight about the open source movement, then don't live by what they are preaching. I'm not including brickers that come with pirated games, because if you're pirating a game and get bricked I'm just going to laugh at you because you deserve it.

There is a pretty simple solution. If you don't like it, don't use it and move on with your life.

Last edited by cots,

samsquanch_bubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to figure out if I have SX os with incognito enabled on emunand. Is it a bad idea to connect the Switch to the WiFi momentarily to download the courses with this tool?

I don't play online as such. Also thanks a ton for this! I really look forward to playing the tougher levels later.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Of course it's not going to prevent devs from doing it, but neither is simply downloading a pre-compiled binary you don't read the source to and compile yourself. With the NDS, we saw, what, Darkfader create a flashcard bricker for competitors against NeoFlash? I mean, that's a rare occurrence. If we were seeing massive amounts of homebrew brickers for the Switch then I'd be concerned, but this brew' is coming from a reputable dev and tested by a lot people that aren't all uptight about the open source movement, then don't live by what they are preaching. I'm not including brickers that come with pirated games, because if you're pirating a game and get bricked I'm just going to laugh at you because you deserve it.

There is a pretty simple solution. If you don't like it, don't use it and move on with your life.
I'm not trying to say that anyone's software is safe or not - I'm just saying that "he's been in the scene for a long time" is not a good argument that software is safe.

Reactions: iriez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo