Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
this is why i hate text for speaking. I wasnt being a dick. I didn't mean it to come off that way. I just meant my bad for not knowing and wanted to assure you im not going into this stuff headfirst without caution. I've seen people do that and end up having a bad time. I am sorry you thought i was being a dick.

Fair enough. Yes, I know what you mean. Then I take it back :)

Question is, if you can just use CBHC, why do you want mocha? Just because you can? Most use it on rednand. Pointless on CBHC, just adds to extra loading time to sysmenu. I believe you can set mocha to autoboot in rednand, but not in sysnand (although I haven't personally tried either).

Last edited by icw35,

GinBunBun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough. Yes, I know what you mean. Then I take it back :)
well in cbch since you can load mocha at launch i wonder if cbch then just doesnt load its own sig patches and mocha is what is used then on? i dont know honestly how it works. also mocha just works for me. I have had zero issues with it. like i said before the homebrew launcher would also get stuck and freeze when i tried to exit it before switching to mocha

Last edited by GinBunBun,

robbros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why does it says that i have to format my sd? can someone help me? am i supposed to have some specific file on my sd before installing it?

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
well in cbch since you can load mocha at launch i wonder if cbch then just doesnt load its own sig patches and mocha is what is used then on? i dont know honestly how it works. also mocha just works for me. I have had zero issues with it. like i said before the homebrew launcher would also get stuck and freeze when i tried to exit it before switching to mocha

I'm pretty sure, currently, it loads both hence why it takes longer (around a minute??) to boot. I don't know if FIX is going to work on CBHC to avoid patching if autobooting mocha or remove the option to autoboot mocha altogether to avoid this confusion. Time will tell. Mocha is best used on rednand apparently. I never did rednand because I always thought it was pointless (unless you are a dick, lol).

I should edit that. Not everybody that uses rednand is a pleb. They use it because its safer - you can brick rednand and recover. Mess with your sysnand and brick then you are a bit of a dick. Anyway, enough about dicks and plebs. If you stick to haxchi/CBHC then you can't really go wrong. BUT you better have some way to filter updates. No-one really knows what will happen to sysnand/rednand if either or both get updated when a new update comes out (if it does).

Last edited by icw35,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
CBHC has an option to boot Mocha, but it's currently only useful if you use redNAND, and will be useful in the future only for features added to Mocha that CBHC won't have.
that's not because something is done in prevision of the future, that it's useful right now.
If CBHC system patching has the exact same patches than Mocha, there's no need to load mocha, it's just added launch time.

CBHC is patching the system menu differently than Mocha, and CBHC do it faster, so if all you want is install/launch unsigned games, then CBHC is good.
if you want NAND redirection, use mocha instead.
if you want WUP Server, FTPiiU everywhere (dimok's version, using IOSUhax Nodes), then go with mocha, but CBHC has a FTPiiU compatible version too, so no Mocha really required for that.
if you want to install/launch officially signed games ... yeah, you don't even need a CFW ! that's why some users prefer installing Haxchi as channel, and launch it manually ONLY when needed, keeping a clean WiiU system most of the time.

GinBunBun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CBHC has an option to boot Mocha, but it's currently only useful if you use redNAND, and will be useful in the future only for features added to Mocha that CBHC won't have.
If CBHC system patching has the exact same patches than Mocha, there's no need to load mocha, it's just added launch time.

CBHC is patching the system menu differently than Mocha, and CBHC do it faster, so if all you want is install/launch unsigned games, then CBHC is good.
if you want NAND redirection, use mocha instead.
if you want WUP Server, FTPiiU everywhere (dimok's version, using IOSUhax Nodes), then go with mocha, but CBHC has a FTPiiU compatible version too, so no Mocha really required for that.
if you want to install/launch officially signed games ... yeah, you don't even need a CFW ! that's why some users prefer installing Haxchi as channel, and launch it manually ONLY when needed, keeping a clean WiiU system most of the time.
ok well totally clears it up lol thank you very much cyan

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Currently I am looking for a default launch image that says mocha on it. If anyone wants to help out on it write it on this thread or pm me.
How about this:
ujkCS3J.png

EDIT: alternate version:
SHvjsMt.png

EDIT: I'm working on a much improved version with a half-real Mocha. I'll PM you when it's ready. By the way, I'm open to suggestions.
EDIT:
RtRMmfG.png

Last edited by nastys,
Reactions: Brawl345

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm totally new to Wii U CFW--do I just need to boot the .elf file from HB Launcher or something similar, or do I need some other prerequisite exploit?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm totally new to Wii U CFW--do I just need to boot the .elf file from HB Launcher or something similar, or do I need some other prerequisite exploit?
That in itself is enough to load Mocha.

If you're still using the browser exploit, look into Haxchi.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless it's been updated since, the info I've seen seems to suggest that Haxchi is incompatible with JP Wii Us, which is what I have. It's unfortunate, but it's not that much of a pain to get there from loadiine, so thanks for the help.

EDIT: Okay, the information seems to be conflicting, but I guess you CAN get it on JP systems. I guess I'll give it a try either way.

EDIT 2: Works just fine. I must have been looking at a very old article.

Last edited by Kurausukun,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So mocha has been working fine the last few days, but for no reason, when i try to load my rednand, i get an infinite wii u home menu screen with the gamepad displaying mocha. Has there been any fix for this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
once you have installed this?
installed what?
mocha is not installed at all, it's a homebrew located on your SD card.

if you want to uninstall the homebrew, press delete on your keyboard while you have that file selected?

just don't run it, and you won't have to unload it from memory. to unload it from memory, reboot the console, unless you have mocha coldbooted from CBHC.
if you want to "uninstall" (disable?) redNAND : if you have CBHC set to autoboot mocha's redNAND, press B to go to Mocha menu and disable redNAND.
but then, you'd better just use CBHC's patches instead of loading Mocha to apply the same patches CBHC could do, so open CBHC menu and set autoboot to system menu instead of Mocha.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...