bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fattest said:
croson said:
I didn't install the 236 because as far as iI can tell that part of the guide is for 4.3 only.

thats your mistake.

Installing a Trucha'd IOS into slot 236.
VERY IMPORTANT! ONLY APPLIES TO 4.3
I can understand where people get confused when reading that....

---

Its been a while since I've modded a wii, did about 7-8 last year on 4.2 but I have to say the new guide and tools are fantastic, so easy, a real credit to the guys who do this.

I was given a 3.1e wii yesterday, too simple.
Installed hbc1.08 with bannerbomb, then online update to 4.3, re-ran and hackmii installer, boot2, IOS236 and install cIOS... way way to easy. No more downgrade IOS15 to patch IOS36, delete stubs, couldn't get any easier...

I'm guessing MMM deletes the cIOS stubs before installing, what a great tool.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bosman said:

actually IOS236 doesn't require the stubs to be removed, so it can just install cIOS directly.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xzxero said:
bosman said:

actually IOS236 doesn't require the stubs to be removed, so it can just install cIOS directly.

Thanks, nice to know...
yaywii.gif

Frouwke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The last time I manually updated my Wii was back in March I believe, and I don't really feel like going through the hassle again, do you HAVE to update or is it just nyeh? xD

mickrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, a weird one this. I'm updating my nephews' wii so that they aren't asked to install updates from discs. Its currently on 4.2E, which I installed myself for them, but when I use multi mod manager from simple mod's up42e install, I get a "title -1035" error on IOS70-v6687.wad and another 16 1035 errors in the 28 wads in the "other" folder.

ALso getting error in usb loader that ios 249 uis missing and I can't install it again, ticket 2011.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated cos they're driving me demented looking their wii back lol.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1035 is title with higher version already installed (perhaps you did cioscorp prior?). Follow the guide and install ios236
smile.gif
Then make sure it is loaded, and then install the wads again
smile.gif

-Erik

Mirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Excellent guide! I've already softmoded my wii with a old guide by xzxero.
Yesterday, I got my cousin wii... It's 4.1u and I'll update to 4.2. I'm confused now, after update, I'll need do the part "Installing a Trucha'd IOS into slot 236" or it's only for 4.3 wii's?

Thanks!

bigant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i, I am probably in the totally wrong section for this but i need some help...pretty please.
I have a wii that was originally on v3.4e, it had hbc and wiigator on, then my son formatted the system
frown.gif

I have been trying for several days to get it back up and running, I managed to get the hbc back up and running using zelda, couldn't get anything else working as I was following several different tuts from different sites, then found bannerbomb and used this to load hbc. I have now discovered that the wii menu is at 4.3e, I am not sure how it got updated ( may have been my son ) but hbc is still there. I believe the cios is ios36. my problem is that when i try to use wad manager v1.7, everything loads ok, it can open the wad but then when it tries to install the wad it says.. >>installing ticket... Error! (ret = -2011)
i have tried several wads (hb backup launcher neogamma r7 etc) and they all do the same.
can anybody please point me in the right direction? many thanks to all for any help.
p.s the homebrew browser still works perfectly, don't know if this means the hack is still good?

ok, scratch the above, sorted to some extent, i have just patched the ios36, now wad managers works as it should.
My problem now is, when I try to load backup via back up loader, it says dvd identity failed
Any ideas?

many thanks

mickrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
ios236 isn't only for 4.3 wii's... It is needed... mickrick, select load another ios and select ios236, then try to install the wads
smile.gif

-Erik

As I said earlier Erik, when it gets to ios 37-64 v5663.wad it auto loads 36 again and the installs start failing

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigant said:
i, I am probably in the totally wrong section for this but i need some help...pretty please.
I have a wii that was originally on v3.4e, it had hbc and wiigator on, then my son formatted the system
frown.gif

I have been trying for several days to get it back up and running, I managed to get the hbc back up and running using zelda, couldn't get anything else working as I was following several different tuts from different sites, then found bannerbomb and used this to load hbc. I have now discovered that the wii menu is at 4.3e, I am not sure how it got updated ( may have been my son ) but hbc is still there. I believe the cios is ios36. my problem is that when i try to use wad manager v1.7, everything loads ok, it can open the wad but then when it tries to install the wad it says.. >>installing ticket... Error! (ret = -2011)
i have tried several wads (hb backup launcher neogamma r7 etc) and they all do the same.
can anybody please point me in the right direction? many thanks to all for any help.
p.s the homebrew browser still works perfectly, don't know if this means the hack is still good?

Just follow the guide from ios236 installer and on...

mickrick said:
QUOTE(burritoboy9984 @ Oct 24 2010, 08:23 PM) ios236 isn't only for 4.3 wii's... It is needed... mickrick, select load another ios and select ios236, then try to install the wads
smile.gif

-Erik

As I said earlier Erik, when it gets to ios 37-64 v5663.wad it auto loads 36 again and the installs start failing

So it says ios 236 IS loaded? And then once you try to install 37, it gives an error, and then on the menu of MMM it says ios 36 is loaded?

-Erik

bigant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just follow the guide from ios236 installer and on...

Hi Erik, thanks for the reply,
What do I do now when I get the error mentioned above, sorry to sound like a total plum, just really struggling with this.
so many different forums with so much conflicting info.
many thanks.

bigant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you get ios 236 installed? Make sure you load it before installing the other wads

yes, did that, wads install fine now, it's just when i try to use a back up, it gives me the error dvd identity failed,
the backup loader i am using is backup loader v0.1
many thanks.

mickrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mickrick said:

QUOTESo it says ios 236 IS loaded? And then once you try to install 37, it gives an error, and then on the menu of MMM it says ios 36 is loaded?

-Erik

Yeah, I load 236 in ios manager, go back to wad manager and it installs all the ioses up to 37, then a message appears "auto loading ios36" or something like that, then the failing starts. When I go back to ios manager, 36 is loaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: