Moving On Up

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I'm old. It's college time for me. Right now, in this crappy economy, I've had to move around a lot thus correlates to me having less and less stuff inside my room. Because of this, I've realized how much crap I really have and how much I actually use, all that jazz. I finally, after 8 years, convinced my parents that my brothers don't need a single room to themselves anymore. So they're splitting them up and plan to take some stuff from my current room for theirs. Plus, since I'm going to college but bound to my parents for 2 more years, I've been given the opportunity to "upgrade" the things I have. Hooray.

First off, bed.

My bed is lame. It is well over 10 years old. The number of people that have actually slept on it is far too many. They gave the frame for it away to my uncle so it's been sitting foundation -> mattress for 3 years now. The sheets are washed regularly, but jesus, I'm pretty sure the fabric is not supposed to be rough like that. Parents handling this, a simple wooden frame that has a minimal headboard, and at least, keeps the bed elevated will be fine. New mattress and all that stuff. All from Ashley Furniture or something, I think. Hopefully. Please? Aiming for something like this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99849758

Second off, desk.
As seen here:
Twiffles said:
35lvofa.jpg
28rz8n5.jpg

It's rather.. fail. Too elevated, worn down, falling apart, etc. I've managed to use it for a good 8 years now. It's held up, but where I'm going to end up staying the room will be smaller and the TV stand thing won't do anymore. Plus, if I do keep them, they won't match well with the bed. (I am pretty OCD about coordination/ratio/color/and stuff) I needed something that will fit into the corner, and is still stable enough for all dem gaemz.
So I took a trip around to some stores found this at Office Depot: [ http://i46.tinypic.com/2ccxqo6.jpg ]
It's nicely sized and stable for what I want. The price may seem high, but I swear. I've seen desks that are a lot smaller and a good $50 USD more.

Here's the cooler stuff, that I ask for your advice on.

You see that TV in the spoiler tags above, ja? Well, I'm upgrading to a HDTV. I want to spend a minimal as possible for as much. More bang for my buck. Yes.
I am thinking about getting this Vizio: [ http://www.vizio.com/flat-panel-hdtvs/vm230xvt.html ]
It's pretty sex, plus, at the local Sam's Club it costs only $299 USD. I like the OLED and all the inputs it has, but I could get a 32" *random brand from Target* for the same price ($299).
But, if you know of a good HDTV that fits most/if not all the reqs below. Please say so xD
  • At least 19"
  • 1080p
  • Does NOT go over $350 USD
  • At least 1 Component and 2 HDMI
  • Obviously, can be used as a computer monitor if needed
If you haven't seen me ramble already, I'm still on the market for a good music device. (If all else fails, I give and drop for a iPod Touch 64GB)
I've since narrowed my stupid requirement to a more (what?) simpler ones.
It simply must do/have all of these:
  • Minimum 8GB storage -- [If that means I have to buy the 8GB mSD that's fine, or if I can buy one for ADDED memory, that's cool too bro.]
  • Simple, but nice UI -- [I've wanted a ZHD because of the UI alone, yeah, but the software is pretty lame]
  • A fairly decent amount of file types -- [If anything, at least the same amount a iPod can use. :/]
  • Doesn't cost me a crapton of money, meaning no more than [$450]
It probably got easier? I dunno. Specific SKU/type/bundle/whatever if possible. :x

Sidenote: If you know of a pretty nice set of over-ear/headset headphones for $120 that'd be cool bro.

And well, that's my spiel. If you can aid me, or suggest anything, that'd be awesome. Or comment, whatever floats your boat.

P.S. There's no tl;dr because I bulleted and [ BOXED ] stuff on purpose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1