Hardware My dad broke my Wii!!

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, that sucks. I'm Bengali too except in my house it's the other way around. my dad's the nice one and my mom is unpredictable and violent and emotionally unstable >.> she doesn't actually break any of my things though, but she will take them away for months at a time

edit: and when she does that, I hide her stuff xP but she just beats it out of me and then keeps my video games longer

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, that seriously sucks. I would take action (cause I already have against my step-dad
smile.gif
)

He broke the Wii, he should play for it. I play my games and use the computer. (I use the computer...ALOT) and yet my mom and dad never did anything that drastic though they'd tease me. But seriously, thats just being immature. He should pay for it. Fight the legislature!

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Whoa man bummer. Anyways dunno your circumstances or anything so can't say that much....except good luck in life man and keep your spirits up (and you actually seem to be taking this whole matter pretty well
smile.gif
)

mastermanna123

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Well, fuck that....I really know what are you going trough as mine dad wanted to burn all my stuff in backyard....They called him to go to work, some urgent stuff....And that was the day I ran away from home (I was 17).....There was lot of stuff going on those days, but after week or so on my own, they called me to come back, and everything changed..
I'm just telling you what have I been trough, (they hated me for being punk, and I never smoked, did drugs or were bad at school!!! they were bothered with the way I wanted to look)..

So, do something drastically (not run away, but something that would make him think)..

I'm really sorry....I felt pain looking at that broken Wii...it's so sad......

I'm sorry you had to put up with that, cos im sure i kno how it feels. ive already run away...but then came back after a couple hours cos i thot about it and i trully knew i cudnt last a week. and knowing my dad, he wudnt have come looking for me, or allow my mom to either
unsure.gif
I only wish i knew what to do drastically. nothing seems to phase them. but same towards me. they dont have any effect on me watever they do anymore. I no longer have anything to lose. No money, tech, friends (thats another attribute i have thanks to my mom), and well...nothing.
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

All i can do now, is have patience. Finish up high school. Get a job, while doing college. Tie up all loose ends in life and pursue my dreams from there
ohmy.gif
. Fuck my parents...except my mom
wub.gif

Shitloads to do...better get started.

Masta_mind257

Trophies
XP
Country
mastermanna123 said:
ganons said:
how old are you?
hai re bangali

Yes im bengali lol. if you are... you probably know how it is
unsure.gif
but my dads crossed the line this time. it was all my own cash. and ive just been aside myself.
cry.gif

and im only 16 yers old.

Woah! I never thought I'd meet more bengalis here, shit. Anyway I know what it's like, my dad confiscated the HDTV cos we played too much PS3 and now it's packed up in it's box. We can't play HD style till we move.
frown.gif

mastermanna123

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Masta_mind257 said:
Woah! I never thought I'd meet more bengalis here, shit. Anyway I know what it's like, my dad confiscated the HDTV cos we played too much PS3 and now it's packed up in it's box. We can't play HD style till we move.
frown.gif

YAY another bengali!
grog.gif

Sigh, the younger bengali generation detests the values of the elders. While sitting on the couch all day watching bengali soaps, i am ordered around by my parents. and i have a lot of cosins that are boaters so...yea...the bengali traditions and customs are pretty strong and tight.
I have no idea wat they plan to accomplish in life.
unsure.gif
however, im pretty much used to it. Every bengali in my area knows of my dads insanity and they all just watch from a distance.
He broke 2 cell phones, N64, GC, and gives me shit everyday. thats y i buy stuff cheap these days.
Wii - cheapest, and fun
rolleyes.gif
. wat more cud i want? especially with little siblings around the house
wub.gif
, and knowing my dad wud one day be provoked to break it.
therefore, if i bought a PS3 i wouldve just lost around $600+ on the spot.
wacko.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, yeah....It sucks big time..
When I ran away, they haven't even contacted me in a week (but I really had nothing to lose, so I went with it..I was really determined to live on my own....but after they called, asked me to come home, that we will talk and figure things out......they changed)..

I'm sorry to hear your problems (kinda brings back bad memories), At least you have GBAtemp and us....you can say you found some friends overhere
smile.gif

Seems like there's not much you can do.....If you really want to make something drastically..call cops or something (if you have some kind of institution), and complain about domestic disturbance..

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jeez man, that sucks, you should just get the money out of his pocket and buy a new wii with his money, so the next time he smashes it and you say that He has to replace it, he can't say "Why, it isn't mine".

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Willemoke said:
Jeez man, that sucks, you should just get the money out of his pocket and buy a new wii with his money, so the next time he smashes it and you say that He has to replace it, he can't say "Why, it isn't mine".
He could always return it(unless it isn't possible for some reason) or smash him instead of the Wii.
blink.gif
Probably a bad idea. Who knows what he might do if he took(stole) some money and bought another Wii.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Your dad sounds like an asshole.

If my dad did that, I'd take his wallet and buy a new one :/
But I don't know what your relationship with your dad is like, so.. good luck.

Mysticcal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sigh, these situations suck...

i've experienced the same with my stepdad, battle for power or control. then he loses it and usually breaks something that costs money.

best idea. either fight back with courts power. or move out. unfortuneately, your dad doesn't really care about you if he flips out that much and has anger issues, regardless if you press someones buttons, humans don't go apeshit crazy and start destroying stuff.

good luck to you in your endeavors, im fucking glad I own all my shit and pay my rent. and my parents can't say anything about it.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well, the wires which came out of the front are what lead to the blue light LEDs. So that explains why your blue light doesn't come on, you'll need to solder them back in or something. I haven't had any experience with opening a Wii to tell you where, but I have read about modding the blue light and that is what those wires are for
wink.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
That's terrible! you should break one of his things and tell him that it's not yours and you don't have to replace it.

richardo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Complain you have nothing to do all day and how bored you are over and over again. All the while humming the music to happy tree friends (google it) at the top of your voice at every waking moment until he buys another wii to get you out of his hair
smile.gif

bahamuta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Train like hell and if he tries to beat you, god dammit beat the hell out of him. Or if you don't really like your dad send him to hospital or...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, tbh i might extend it to 2 or 3 weeks