• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

My honest thoughts on LGBTQ communtiy (read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True story. You can be completely accepting of homosexuals as individuals and entirely disgusted by and reject the alphabet brigades culture of exhibitionism and public kink.

There is nothing about being gay that means you are entitled to engage in public freakshows and that doesn't mean those who don't want to put up with it are bigots.

Not caring who you sleep with doesn't mean we all need to accept your pecker out in public while you march down the street waving a rubber fist around in the air.

Yes, kink belongs at Pride. And I want my kids to see it.

35f7c48984db317e7cf6f9bd05492e31.png

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
True story. You can be completely accepting of homosexuals as individuals and entirely disgusted by and reject the alphabet brigades culture of exhibitionism and public kink.

There is nothing about being gay that means you are entitled to engage in public freakshows and that doesn't mean those who don't want to put up with it are bigots.

Not caring who you sleep with doesn't mean we all need to accept your pecker out in public while you march down the street waving a rubber fist around in the air.

Yes, kink belongs at Pride. And I want my kids to see it.

35f7c48984db317e7cf6f9bd05492e31.png
Yes being gay doesn't mean you have to follow the community

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Read Before Posting
None of you really did that and if you did you only read 20 percent of it

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not a homophobe
If you wanna be gay, that's completely fine, let love be love.
As love is eternal.
However
I have some serious issues with the community
Allow me to discuss. Now I have some gay friends. However, they're always talking about being gay. I mean if you are gay I can understand but y'know why do you always have to talk about it. I mean I don't always talk about being straight. I completely respect your descion if you are an LGBTQ member. However, does every shirt you have to wear be something about pride?
I understand that gays had some struggles through their history but I mean, I don't always want to talk about this. I understand discussing struggles every now and then but why all the time? Always wearing rainbow equiment. It just feels so repetive and its getting old.
Also, kids are making random genders and sexualities
For example
DreamGender and DreamSexual
Nowadays you can make a sexuality on a single person, if there was a facepalm emoji I would put it
Really, kids constantly discussing oh I'm DREAMSEXUAL
Let me quote a real human being
"I HATE DREAMPHOBICS SO FUCKING BAD. I WANNA HAVE GAY SEX WITH DREAM SO BAD AND KILL THESE NAZIS"
"I expect your suicide at 6 am"
"It's not people's fault that they can only love Dream"
Real People above
Makes you wonder why TikTok was created when kids can just anwser poll questions made by me
Back to the subject.
Now literally everyone talks about it. Its everywhere now. It's impossible to not think of it daily
I respect LGBTQ members but please just don't bother me all the time.
Please
LGBT+ People Aren’t Shoving Their Lifestyles Down Your Throat, You’re Just Homophobic

TLDR, if you're the one bothered by the existence of gay people living openly, they aren't the problem.

Also, "read before replying."

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
LGBT+ People Aren’t Shoving Their Lifestyles Down Your Throat, You’re Just Homophobic

TLDR, if you're the one bothered by the existence of gay people living openly, they aren't the problem.

Ok let me address this again
Now let's use an example
Imagine we are great fried s who had a good relationship
Let's say I just came out as gay and you accept me
Then I constantly non stop discuss it
Its literally the only thing we discuss
That's what I'm saying
Not anything on them living a gay lifestyle or anything
It wouldn't want to be something that you would discuss all the time, would you?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok let me address this again
Now let's use an example
Imagine we are great fried s who had a good relationship
Let's say I just came out as gay and you accept me
Then I constantly non stop discuss it
Its literally the only thing we discuss
That's what I'm saying
Not anything on them living a gay lifestyle or anything
It wouldn't want to be something that you would discuss all the time, would you?
If it's that bad, it sounds like you need to have a talk with your friend instead of condemning groups of marginalized people. Just a thought.

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
If it's that bad, it sounds like you need to have a talk with your friend instead of condemning groups of marginalized people. Just a thought.
Well, here's the deal
Many people everywhere always discuss it
I see ads for pride which was okay at first but its literally everywhere
I was think about your idea for a few days and I'm considering it but I'm thinking of doing it in a non harmful way you know
This thread is just some advice to help the community evolve
I think then we can have equal rights

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, here's the deal
I was think about your idea for a few days and I'm considering it but I'm thinking of doing it in a non harmful way you know
This thread is just some advice to help the community evolve
I think then we can have equal rights
You should probably look at the history of how LGBT people were forced in the closet, told they could be gay as long as they didn't have to see it, told they could be gay as long as they weren't feminine, etc. There's a reason why Pride is about being unapologetically open. You should probably educate yourself before posting threads about how we could all just get along if LGBT just hid their queerness. It looks like you have a friend who would probably be happy to help educate you if you weren't busy rolling your eyes and posting rants like this one instead of listening. Maybe your friend keeps talking about it with you because of the things you say or do. Did you ever think you might be the problem?

While I don't know your friend, I have a hunch that this thread is more annoying than all of the LGBT-related things your friend has said combined.

If you don't like hearing about queerness, it probably means you don't like queerness. It isn't rocket science.

Nobody is forcing you to be friends with this person. It sounds like you're looking for an excuse to get upset, and "angry" and "homophobic" as your personality traits are more problematic and more annoying than being openly LGBT.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's...pretty easy to avoid any discussions you don't want to be a part of, both online and IRL.

During pride month I'd agree, and gay people are well aware that corporate pandering is usually way over-the-top. Online though there are obviously plenty of options for ad blockers, so it's only an issue if you make it one.
The irony seems lost on him that he's the one starting the conversation. Perhaps that's what's happening with his "friend" too.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's...pretty easy to avoid any discussions you don't want to be a part of, both online and IRL.

During pride month I'd agree, and gay people are well aware that corporate pandering is usually way over-the-top. Online though there are obviously plenty of options for ad blockers, so it's only an issue if you make it one.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wish straight people would stop shoving their sexuality in my face, same with cisgender people with their gender. I get it, you married someone who you share nothing in common with and in 40 years will be making Boomer posts about hating your SO on whatever social media has replaced Facebook

Last edited by The Catboy,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well whatever floats your boat I guess...I'm straight, DEAL WITH IT! :P
Every day I am reminded that my autocorrect enjoys trolling my potato ass English skills.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Except these things aren't just limited to the people that are lgbt.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's so many problems with this article but here are a couple major ones.

- It only speaks to people who already agree with it. If all you do is pointing fingers and telling people who took some time to read that they're evil for having a bad behavior - especially with such a condescending tone - whether you're right or wrong, you're only dividing society.
And unfortunately this kind of communication is very common and counterproductive.

- It doesn't engage in good faith. This is seriously baffling to me -it should be to anyone who's even attended philosophy 101-.
If you immediately call someone a liar when they come to you and introduce themselves as "not a homophobic", what's the point of even discussing? You don't believe them anyway, or you don't believe that they're trying to get there or are trying to engage with you. This article immediately assumes the worst, and it's just plain stupid.

Then it comes down, again, to what is the point of this article, is it really to convince wanna-be-non-homophobic people to be even more understanding? It doesn't feel like it cares to point out the differences, whether they're actually homophobic, just midway there, or -and yes sorry but I'm gonna say it- have legitimate concerns about what's going on.

Because yes, if that whole drama about kink at pride holds any truth, I'm sorry to open the eyes of some of my LGBT folks but there are many people within our community who are uncomfortable with it too. The public space should be a common ground for everyone to feel comfortable, everyone, and that includes straight people too. It wouldn't be any different if it was a straight exhibition. We're not suddenly super citizen.

I don't thank the people who wrote this article.

Last edited by deinonychus71,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except these things aren't just limited to the people that are lgbt.

Cool, post me a picture of a heterosexual orientated public parade of wide spread nudity, kink, bondage and people riding around stick ponys with a built in Sybians. I'll wait.

The alphabet brigade is the only group citing this behavior as a cultural hallmark and making claims that it needs to be accepted or your bigoted. There is not any heterosexual orientated cultural push that public exhibitionism and overt sexual behavior in public needs to be normalized or accepted. It is widely parroted that these behaviors are part of gay identity and it is discriminatory to reject that behavior.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Cool, post me a picture of a heterosexual orientated public parade of wide spread nudity, kink, bondage and people riding around stick ponys with a built in Sybians. I'll wait.
Hey bud ever been to Mardi Gras? You'll see all that and more.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There is not any heterosexual orientated cultural push that public exhibitionism and overt sexual behavior in public needs to be normalized or accepted. It is widely parroted that these behaviors are part of gay identity and it is discriminatory to reject that behavior.
Bruh, being more puritanical and prudish than pilgrims from the 1700s is not something to be proud of. This is why we end up with so many closeted anti-gay preachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirGDuzLvkQ +1