Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lex luthor said:
Warrior522 said:
lex luthor said:
I've stated my point

No, you've stated your opinion; "I think Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry." This is not a point. A point would be what would follow, "I think Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry because..."
I did!...read a few pages back.

Ah yes, this tripe:

1. Most religions consider homosexuality a sin. Virtually every religion in the world, including the major ones in this country, consider homosexuality unacceptable. It is offensive and a swipe to the religious freedom of the majority to have to recognize a relationship they consider sinful. The legal system in the United States evolved out of the laws contained in the Bible. We shouldn't go even farther to tear down those laws.

2. It would weaken the definition and respect for the institution of marriage. The 50 percent divorce rate has already weakened the definition of marriage. We shouldn't be taking further steps to define what marriage is. A law allowing gay marriage would increase the number of joke or non-serious marriages, such as a couple of friends who want to save on taxes. Marriage is the most sacred institution in this country, and every society considers it the joining of a man and a woman. It makes biological sense since only a man and woman can pro-create.

3. It would further weaken the traditional family values essential to our society. The building blocks of our society and the thing that makes it strong is the traditional family of man, woman, and children. It is what has sustained us through two world wars, terrorist attacks, a Great Depression, and numerous other challenges over the centuries. While friends & lovers come and go, your family is always there. The main reason our culture and values have started to crumble is the weakening of families. Introducing another form of "family" would only make the situation worse.

4. It could provide a slippery slope in the legality of marriage (e.g. having multiple wives or marrying an animal could be next). Gay rights activists claim that these marriages should be allowed because it doesn't hurt anyone, but it could start a chain reaction that destroys the whole idea of marriage. If someone wants to marry his dog, why shouldn't he be able to? What if someone wants to marry their brother or parent? What if someone wants to marry their blow-up doll or have 10 wives? Unless we develop some firm definition of what a marriage is, the options are endless. If these options sound absurd, remember that all it takes is a few activist judges to use the statute to open the door. It doesn't matter if 95 percent of the population disagrees with the policy, one judge can interpret the case the way he or she wants and use the doctrine of stare decisis to impose a law on everyone. Do you remember how two judges in California recently declared the Pledge of Allegiance unconstitutional? If the decision hadn't been overturned, it would have prevented millions of children from being able to say the pledge every morning, despite the fact that 95+ percent of Americans disagreed with the decision.

5. The gay lifestyle is not something to be encouraged, as a lot of research shows it leads to a much lower life expectancy, psychological disorders, and other problems. Studies show that homosexuals, for a variety of reasons, have life expectancies of approximately 20 years less than the general population. Just like a lifestyle of smoking, drinking, etc., unhealthy lifestyles should be discouraged.

Unfortunately for you, these are also opinions. Where are your facts? Sources? Documentation of nonpartisan studies?

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
lex luthor said:
I stated one or two points but wasn't accepted. Even if I have an absolute reason you wouldn't accept it against what you think is right. The difference is that you go ranting at me and I don't do that to you.
Because as I said, baseless. Repeating the same uneducated "facts" that are just as equally baseless, doesn't help your case. Plain and simple.
...and because you think they are uneducated you may have the right to insult my opinions...I didn't insult yours.

Anyways posting in this thread is pointless....my reasoning is the reasoning of many more people that obviously won't post here just to avoid arguments like this. I just been honest to you no need to get mad at me. There so much hypocrisy these days here and there that make me laugh.

Hope you realize what you wish for...no hard feeling on this end.

This my last post in this thread

Love.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
lex luthor said:
lex luthor said:
I stated one or two points but wasn't accepted. Even if I have an absolute reason you wouldn't accept it against what you think is right. The difference is that you go ranting at me and I don't do that to you.
Because as I said, baseless. Repeating the same uneducated "facts" that are just as equally baseless, doesn't help your case. Plain and simple.
...and because you think they are uneducated you may have the right to insult my opinions...I didn't insult yours.

Anyways posting in this thread is pointless....my reasoning is the reasoning of many more people that obviously won't post here just to avoid arguments like this. I just been honest to you no need to get mad at me. There so much hypocrisy these days here and there that make me laugh.

Hope you realize what you wish for...no hard feeling on this end.

This my last post in this thread

Love.
I tried not to start shit with you, I honestly did, but you can't expect me not to say anything when it comes down to something I have been fighting for for many years.
I just hope one day you will understand what I am fighting for and why I will go to the extremes to get it.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lex luthor: Please go back to hatching evil plots to take over the world. (Everyone knows you're a closet homo anyway.)

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
I just happen to be a homosexual, but that does not define me.
I support equality for all citizens before the state as I have already stated. But seriously are you trolling with that comment. I mean have you looked at your user name or your posts on other threads. Let me be clear, if anybody else on here had said that I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although I don't agree with them, I believe lex luthor has the right to his opinions. If you're allowed to believe homosexuality is perfectly normal and okay, then why isn't he allowed to believe that it isn't? It's hypocrisy to me. Whether his views are right or wrong, they're his views, and he's entitled to hold them. I don't even know why I bother to type this though, because no one in this thread will agree with me, and I'll likely be accused of trolling or trying to start a flame war.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Miss Panda said:
I just happen to be a homosexual, but that does not define me.
I support equality for all citizens before the state as I have already stated. But seriously are you trolling with that comment. I mean have you looked at your user name or your posts on other threads.
My username has deeper meaning behind it than it's face value. It's a simple fact, I am gay, but there is more to me than just that.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
Although I don't agree with them, I believe lex luthor has the right to his opinions. If you're allowed to believe homosexuality is perfectly normal and okay, then why isn't he allowed to believe that it isn't? It's hypocrisy to me. Whether his views are right or wrong, they're his views, and he's entitled to hold them. I don't even know why I bother to type this though, because no one in this thread will agree with me, and I'll likely be accused of trolling or trying to start a flame war.

Truthfully, i agree with you. Everyone deserves thier opinion, though at the same time, theres always a group of people on either side with an opinion that will take it too damn far.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
We have gotten about as much positive discussion out of this thread as we are going to get.

So I am just going to close this now.

What I would ask from you guys for the future is to consider this. What do these threads ever achieve? From what I see, pretty much nothing. So next time you guys feel the need to make one of these threads, just think to yourselves, "what is the point in posting this?" before you hit the make new topic button.

Because it irks me to say this, but I am seriously close to getting to the point where I will just start closing these threads on sight from now on. They really arent worth the trouble to moderate. And always end up locked.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In other news GeForce experience is still shit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: In other news GeForce experience is still shit