Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dickfour said:
With all the problem that New York faces this is what the legislator chooses to address. The state faces 8% unemployment, and a 17 billion dollar budget deficit. So many people and businesses have been fleeing the state's high taxes and burdensome regulations that the state has lost two Congressional seats dealing it's political clout a huge blow. It seems to me that the law makers are happy to let the state go to hell buy running away from the tough decisions they have to make in favor of pandering to specific groups in order to hold on to power. That's how the game is played. Watch New York politicians write more laws to other special interest groups such as unions before the 2012 elections. Screw serving the people if you have enough special interests groups you can win elections. Meanwhile people will continue to flee the state in favor of better run states like Texas that created half of all the jobs created in America last year. I'm not against gay marriage but come on do your job. There are far more important things to take care of. I'm sure if you're unemployed or loosing your house you don't give a damn about gay marriage.
As I said countless times before, gay marriage is only a scapegoat for people to avoid the real problems. Gay marriage shouldn't even be an issue to be up for debate, but since there are so many problems, people use it as an excuse to avoid those problems.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
dickfour said:
With all the problem that New York faces this is what the legislator chooses to address. The state faces 8% unemployment, and a 17 billion dollar budget deficit. So many people and businesses have been fleeing the state's high taxes and burdensome regulations that the state has lost two Congressional seats dealing it's political clout a huge blow. It seems to me that the law makers are happy to let the state go to hell buy running away from the tough decisions they have to make in favor of pandering to specific groups in order to hold on to power. That's how the game is played. Watch New York politicians write more laws to other special interest groups such as unions before the 2012 elections. Screw serving the people if you have enough special interests groups you can win elections. Meanwhile people will continue to flee the state in favor of better run states like Texas that created half of all the jobs created in America last year. I'm not against gay marriage but come on do your job. There are far more important things to take care of. I'm sure if you're unemployed or loosing your house you don't give a damn about gay marriage.
As I said countless times before, gay marriage is only a scapegoat for people to avoid the real problems. Gay marriage shouldn't even be an issue to be up for debate, but since there are so many problems, people use it as an excuse to avoid those problems.
Well said, while I'm cynical of the motives I support the result.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
DeathStrudel said:
I kinda agree with you, but I don't think you realize that there are reasons for homosexuals to want the right to get married other than sharing insurance, joint tax returns, or other financial benefits.

I really don't know why I posted in this topic to begin with
tongue.gif
But could you share these reasons? It's not at all that I'm looking to flame or troll or anything, it would just make more sense in the discussion if you were specific
wink.gif
Well I'm gonna be cliche and quote the Deceleration here "...all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." It's discriminatory for the Government to say that homosexuals cannot marry (pursuit of happiness); many homosexuals find it offensive so they seek to have the right to marry. I'm not trying to bash you but I think that you probably don't fully understand what it's like to be denied a right that the majority of the people around you have (and take for granted).

Also here's a quote from a gay guy "Because they love! They love just like any heterosexual couple loves. And in some cases they love more."

Edit: lol, just found this list while perusing the internet, don't let the title confuse you

12 Reasons why gay people should not be allowed to marry!

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can't legally get married because the world needs more children.

3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal.

6. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.

7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

10. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars or longer life-spans.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians will.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone provide me evidence that a gay marriage has took place in times before America? Anyone....? NOT same-sex relations, actual gay marriage.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Old8oy said:
I'd be with my wife forever regardless of whether or not we were married. We only got married so she could get on my health insurance. Now, looking back, we both realize that she would have been better off on Medicaid as it covers a lot more than my plan...especially after the birth of my son. We live comfortably on $50,000 a year combined but could even more so if we weren't paying $200 a month for her and my son towards health insurance... But, I'm not one to "take advantage of the system" so we're not looking at divorce any time soon
wink.gif

I think people just need to pay more attention to what they do with their money and not rely so much on the government to provide them with "rights". There's an upside and a downside to marriage.

DeathStrudel said:
I kinda agree with you, but I don't think you realize that there are reasons for homosexuals to want the right to get married other than sharing insurance, joint tax returns, or other financial benefits.

I really don't know why I posted in this topic to begin with
tongue.gif
But could you share these reasons? It's not at all that I'm looking to flame or troll or anything, it would just make more sense in the discussion if you were specific
wink.gif

Well if you want my personal take, I want to marry my boyfriend because I love him and truly want to share the rest of my life with him. Yes I could do that without being married, but at the same time I believe I deserve the same rights as any other man. I was came into this world no different from any other person and even live my life no different from another person, I just happen to be a homosexual, but that does not define me. I feel as though my rights are being trampled on only because such a small detail about my character. The idea that someone should not have rights just because of a small detail just doesn't make any sense to me.

QUOTE(Thesolcity @ Jun 26 2011, 01:23 PM)
Can anyone provide me evidence that a gay marriage has took place in times before America? Anyone....? NOT same-sex relations, actual gay marriage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions

K thanks. That cleared that up. Anyway, why can't you people see this is a small issue (at this time) to keep you guys placated and your tax dollars rolling in to their pockets? Seriously, any time this issue arises its always "Herp Derp he supports gay marriage I'm gonna donate guise, I'll be part of a revolution!!!1!" or "Hurrr hell no I don't want a f** getting married I'm gonna donate to ___". Its a relatively small issue right now meant to keep the public at bay. Same with abortion. The best, (and perfect) example I have of this is California's Prop 8. The people voted, is was a mass majority voting. (Don't tell me it was "Cause the Christian's rigged it Hurrrrrrrr", that's bullshit and you know it. Besides, what principle was Obama mainly voted on?). Point is, why was it overturned and why can't the judge make up his mind already and keep a damn ruling? Why? Politicians want your money, and this is an issue almost everyone can be pulled by strings by. Same with abortion. With these "string issues", as I call them, people can be manipulated as much as the politician wants without them even realizing it. At least, this is all IMO.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Trotsky: I know the this nation is claimed to be founded upon a secular ideal. However, many of the founding fathers were religious to some extent. As a result, much of the agenda flowed into the making of the State.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lex luthor said:
I'm against gay marriage no matter people says!
Ok, then don't get marry to a gay guy. Your opinions shouldn't step over other people rights.

For me, I don't know if gay is right or wrong,but gays should be allow to marry.

If heterosexuals weren't getting their full rights, I don't think you would feel the same.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice to see gay families having the right to do what they want meanwhile there are areas where everyone is loosing important rights like the 4th amendment right to unreasonable search. A California court just ruled that police can download all the info on your cell phone without a warrant. Basically they can go on a fishing expedition to see if you may have broken any laws. There's lots of examples of how we're all loosing liberty like the ruling in Indiana that states you can't bar police from searching your house if they don;t have a search warrant. So yes gay marriage for me is a victory for rights and equality but on the whole I feel like all of us, gays and straight have less rights these days.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lex luthor said:
I'm against gay marriage no matter people says!
That's great how insecure and ignorant you are to have to announce that every time you post.
Can you stop calling me ignorant, I'm just posting an opinion. There's no need to rant every time someone has a different opinion than yours.

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Jun 26 2011, 06:57 PM)
You opinions shouldn't step over other people rights.
My opinions doesn't step over everyone rights...they are only opinions without harm.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've stated my point, there's no need for people to get mad at me. Calling me ignorant or going at me in every corner won't change my manner of thinking.

Love!

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
lex luthor said:
I've stated my point, there's no need for people to get mad at me. Calling me ignorant or going at me in every corner won't change my manner of thinking.

Love!
And I am stating my option. You come in here posting baseless arguments followed by pointless posts, then expect everyone to just accept and respect that?

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stated one or two points but wasn't accepted. Even if I have an absolute reason you wouldn't accept it against what you think is right. The difference is that you go ranting at me and I don't do that to you.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lex luthor said:
I've stated my point

No, you've stated your opinion; "I think Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry." This is not a point. A point would be what would follow, "I think Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry because..."

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:
lex luthor said:
I've stated my point

No, you've stated your opinion; "I think Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry." This is not a point. A point would be what would follow, "I think Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry because..."
I did!...read a few pages back.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
lex luthor said:
I stated one or two points but wasn't accepted. Even if I have an absolute reason you wouldn't accept it against what you think is right. The difference is that you go ranting at me and I don't do that to you.
Because as I said, baseless. Repeating the same uneducated "facts" that are just as equally baseless, doesn't help your case. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc