Apple My wife's iPod login screen go hijacked?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, let me explain.

I don't know where, how, or what could have done it, but whenever my wife is asked for her Apple ID password to download something it shows an email address that is clearly not hers. (Its some crazy address from CrackLords.) I checked the login settings, and it shows her proper login email. I checked Cydia for something that could have done it, and can't see anything suspicious.

So, is there any way to fix this? And does anybody know what would cause this so that I can prevent it from happening again?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too familiar with i devices, but I found this online, maybe it'll help.
I had the same frustrating problem. The fix was easy.. Go to this address to change your apple ID password: http://support.apple.com/kb/HE36 After changing password, Log out on itunes, then log back in with new password, then sync device. Small pain in the ***, but it worked.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, let me explain.

I don't know where, how, or what could have done it, but whenever my wife is asked for her Apple ID password to download something it shows an email address that is clearly not hers. (Its some crazy address from CrackLords.) I checked the login settings, and it shows her proper login email. I checked Cydia for something that could have done it, and can't see anything suspicious.

So, is there any way to fix this? And does anybody know what would cause this so that I can prevent it from happening again?

I have never used an iOS device, but if it's anything like Android, "cracked" or "hacked" apps are not your friend. Cydia, the "alternative" Apple app store, wouldn't happen to have anything like that, would they?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my wife and I do use cracked apps, but I only ever have gotten them from reliable sources and I've always been the one to manage them for her. I've never seen anything like this before, and my iPad is unaffected by anything we've done. (We use the same Apple Account, iTunes, etc, and I'm perfectly fine.)

EDIT: Didn't notice your post at first, but thanks omgpwn. I'll look that over and see what I come up with.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, gave it a shot. Looked promising at first, but when I went to update Where's My Water? (a game I PAID for), it still has this bad email in the login screen.

The email in question, now that I have access to my wife's iPod, is DarkGamingLord-[CrackLords]@cracked.my

ANY information on getting rid of this is appreciated.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my wife and I do use cracked apps, but I only ever have gotten them from reliable sources and I've always been the one to manage them for her. I've never seen anything like this before, and my iPad is unaffected by anything we've done. (We use the same Apple Account, iTunes, etc, and I'm perfectly fine.)

EDIT: Didn't notice your post at first, but thanks omgpwn. I'll look that over and see what I come up with.
"cracked apps", "reliable sources" I don't think those go together

anyway do you have SSH installed and turned on? if so did you change the default password?

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, gave it a shot. Looked promising at first, but when I went to update Where's My Water? (a game I PAID for), it still has this bad email in the login screen.

The email in question, now that I have access to my wife's iPod, is DarkGamingLord-[CrackLords]@cracked.my

ANY information on getting rid of this is appreciated.
Get iFile or iFinder and go into /var/mobile/Applications
Open the itunesmetadata.plist for each app and check the email address. When you find CrackLord's email in one of em, delete that app and try to update again. Also, if that doesn't fix it, try to download a random free app that you haven't before just to see if that fixes the email. And of course, I assume you've gone to Settings->Store and tried to sign out.

For more information, google
Code:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu