Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

ayew298

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been able to successfully make some forwarder CIAs for around 10 nds ROMs on my R4i-3ds-Gold. I am encountering a problem with a single ROM (Final Fantasy Tactics A2). I perform all the steps that worked for the other 10 ROMs. I then install the generated CIA on my 3ds. It then shows up as a blank/white icon with no title/text.

The FAQ says to follow step 5: "If using a homebrew ROM, click on it, then clear and type in the game title." I don't think this applies in this case since it isn't homebrew. Nevertheless, when I click on the entry in the forwarder program, it shows that a title is already set. It appears the forwarder also recognizes the ROM and attributes it correctly to SQUARESOFT.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Is this a bug, or is there something I'm doing wrong? I would appreciate any help.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been able to successfully make some forwarder CIAs for around 10 nds ROMs on my R4i-3ds-Gold. I am encountering a problem with a single ROM (Final Fantasy Tactics A2). I perform all the steps that worked for the other 10 ROMs. I then install the generated CIA on my 3ds. It then shows up as a blank/white icon with no title/text.

The FAQ says to follow step 5: "If using a homebrew ROM, click on it, then clear and type in the game title." I don't think this applies in this case since it isn't homebrew. Nevertheless, when I click on the entry in the forwarder program, it shows that a title is already set. It appears the forwarder also recognizes the ROM and attributes it correctly to SQUARESOFT.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Is this a bug, or is there something I'm doing wrong? I would appreciate any help.
Make sure your ROM's .nds filename is short, and/or create Forwarder3-DS folder in your hard drive (or flash drive) root, and run the .jar file there.

Reactions: ayew298

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Quick question, do I need twloader for this? I kinda uninstalled it a while back...

ayew298

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure your ROM's .nds filename is short, and/or create Forwarder3-DS folder in your hard drive (or flash drive) root, and run the .jar file there.

Wow. A quick response, and also the solution. I decreased the filename and the process works now for that ROM. FYI the ROM name was 67 characters long. If I had to guess, maybe there is a hardcoded 64 length limit?

Thank you so much for your help and your awesome utility.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this still work with the newest ndsbootstrap? if so, so i just grab the latest .nds file from the git and rename it to match what is already in my sdmc:/_nds/ folder?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this still work with the newest ndsbootstrap? if so, so i just grab the latest .nds file from the git and rename it to match what is already in my sdmc:/_nds/ folder?
If you've already created your forwarders a while back, you'll need to recreate the forwarders in order to use the newest bootstrap, which is already included in the pack.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've already created your forwarders a while back, you'll need to recreate the forwarders in order to use the newest bootstrap, which is already included in the pack.

yep figured that out after i did some new ones, then tried to boot the old ones :)

thanks!

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i made the mario kart cia, used forwarder3ds and selected the roms on my sd, but it white screens when I open it. Ill try reinstalling everything first, but do i have to uninstall both cia's of twlloader first?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i made the mario kart cia, used forwarder3ds and selected the roms on my sd, but it white screens when I open it. Ill try reinstalling everything first, but do i have to uninstall both cia's of twlloader first?
This is separate from TWLoader, so no.
Did you set "Automatically set ROM path" in Forwarder3-DS?

whiscash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see that DSTwo support is currently broken - is this likely to change?
I'm aiming to have all of my games available from the homescreen, so it's a significant enough issue that I'd be willing to consider a different card, if that's worthwhile. I don't mind waiting, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo