PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the warning about using the right rom. I just hope it saves on the EFA. If its not too much trouble could you test to see if yu-gi-oh and meteos can save to flash cart?

I can't test them, because I don't have the yu-gi-oh rom and meteos is 512mbit in size. I don't have anything to put that on since the ez-flash 3 only works with 256mbit or smaller games.

*edit*
Does anyone know how I can get Castlevania to be 32MB in size? I have a hex editor, but what part is the intro and how do I chop it out? The creator of the patcher says it should work
wink2.gif

pandapandapanda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Going through the whole release list slowly to see what works.

EFA 512Mb
JP NDS
All testing done with Mr Driller and Mario 64 (I swap between them to confirm it saved on the DS cart)

So far 0011 - Guru Guru Nagetto (J)(Wario) is the only rom that saves to the GBA cart.

However I am only up to number 15. I also know Nanostray does because I tested that seperately.

I don't have a 4Kb game only 64Kb + 2Mb so I can only assume that the 4Kb games would save nicely to my DS game if I had one.

C:\NDS>ndspatch.exe "0012 - Asphalt - Urban GT (U)(Wario).nds"
NDS Patcher v0.1 by ]{ain
Checking if arm9 is compressed...No
Looking for CARDi_ReadRom signature...
Found at offset 0x00072228
Patched
Looking for CARDi_ReadCard signature...
Found at offset 0x000722f0
Patched
Looking for CARDi_ProgramBackupSyncCore signature...
Not found, skipping
Looking for CARDi_ProgramAndVerifyBackupSyncCore signature...
Not found, skipping
Looking for CARDi_ReadBackupSyncCore signature...
Not found, skipping
Looking for CARDi_VerifyBackupSyncCore signature...
Not found, skipping
Looking for CARDi_WriteBackupSyncCore signature...
Not found, skipping
Looking for CARDi_WriteAndVerifyBackupSyncCore signature...
Not found, skipping
Writing patched NDS...All done

C:\NDS>ndspatch.exe "0011 - Guru Guru Nagetto (J)(Wario).nds"
Found at offset 0x000917f4
Patched
Found at offset 0x000918c0
Patched
Not found, skipping
Not found, skipping
Found at offset 0x000915a4
Not found, skipping
Found at offset 0x000914e8
Not found, skipping

C:\NDS>ndspatch.exe "0080 - Nanostray (U)(Lube).nds"
Checking if arm9 is compressed...Yes, decompressing...Done
Reindexing NDS...Done
Found at offset 0x00010768
Patched
Found at offset 0x00010834
Patched
Not found, skipping
Found at offset 0x00010438
Found at offset 0x00010518
Not found, skipping
Not found, skipping
Not found, skipping

If it skips all of the other ones it won't save. If however finds them it can save to the GBA cart. Note the two that save use different CARDi methods.

edit : Meteos dual white screens.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Allright I am DRUNK SO BARE WITH ME

WeaponX and Tyger...I am one click away of ordering an M3 due the release of this Patcher. In your
I will have my final review on the G6 tomorrow! It's typed up and ready to rock and roll, giving G6 one more day to provide a software update. IMO yes grab the G6 and a big one if you can. You have plenty of options, besides the legendary...or imaginary?....dosfat roms you can play near all G6 and now patch your own. So why G6 over the others? For me I'll be honest it's an issue of size. No matter what your girlfriend says size DOES matter and the G6 is the smallest DS setup. When I get my sample M3 kit I am sure I will still love the G6 more as it's a smaller package and that's what matters second most, 1st being .....compatibilty.

/me takes a break to swerve back and forth

Also, any place to buy a nice passme that is in a plastic case and stuff like the one that comes with the M3 or something? Is it available seperate, assuming it works with this? Thanks for the info.

I have a passkey not the superpass and as far as I know the passkey did NOT boot my EZ-Flash II or my EZFA and I emailed about the matter to confirm but I am pretty sure its propietary yea like I am gonna spell that right now after chugging a 4 pack of Guiness....okay but there are lots of M3 owners it seems so what do they have to say? Have any other passkey owners been able to mix and match?

QUOTE(tyger @ Sep 21 2005, 05:35 AM)I am using an M3 and have been able to sram save Mario 64, warioware, nintendogs,zoo keeper,feel magic,castlevania, and pac pix which are the only ones I atempted to save with so far. All using my retail zookeeper cart and orignal save is still intack on it.
If you could state the (E), the (U) and the (P)'s as that would help with the rom clairifications on what works with what. Pac-Pix does not sram save with me booting off of a Mario64. I get past the tutorial, beat chapter 1 and reboot and the game is gone! argh are you loading more that one rom? I know I got 13 right now not sure if that matters?

Also I had to format my card once as it seems my data got corrupted on my cart. There is indeed some wierd things such as my cart is filled with patched pure roms but I wanted to get a start up video of a G6 game and my menu says it's 120Mb.....something is wierd there....anyone else have any quirks....

/me heads off to play some Raiden III

ddrllama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USA Silver DS
EFA 512mbit

All games verified using OfflineList with the ADVANsCEne dat

Games I've tested that work:

Saves to NDS cart
#xxxx - Metroid Prime Hunters Demo (U - C2FB5233)
#0002 - Need for Speed Underground 2 (U - C37AB273)
#0003 - Yoshi Touch and Go (U - 03D56334)
#0004 - Feel the Magic - XY XX (U - 662D929F)
#0005 - Wario Ware - Touched (U - 2CE68FAD)
#0006 - Polarium (U - 9B49BD53)
#0008 - Pac-Pix (U - F6AF8061)
#0034 - Zoo Keeper (U - 0989A92C)
#0051 - Retro Atari Classics (U - D8594849)
#0088 - Advance Wars DS (U - 4D9A91E3)
#0019 - Mr. Driller - Drill Spirits (U - E6BFA3BC)

Saves to GBA cart
#0061 - Bomberman (U - 4A51692E)
#0080 - Nanostray (U - F0185769)
#0090 - Nintendogs - Lab & Friends (U - 616F5D3F)
#0094 - Akumajou Dracula (J - 0DF769EE)

N/A
#0001 - Electroplankton (J - 94767CD4)

----

Games I've tested that don't work:

#0026 - Pokemon Dash (U - 0D8B2B06)
White Screen

#0028 - Kirby - Canvas Curse (U - FE7DC5EE)
Error when patching

#0033 - Kenshui Tendo Dokuta (J - 39DBD5EC)
Logo, then black screen

#0035 - Touch! Kirby's Magic Paintbrush (J - 00247816)
Error when patching

#0036 - Daigasso! Band Brothers (J - 1722923E)
Crashes on startup, shuts down the DS

#0038 - Ping Pals (U - 7BBBABEE)
Error when patching

#0060 - Meteos (U - E88BF82E)
White Screen

#0073 - Yawaraka Atama Juku (J - FE4FBE92)
Shows two messages (in Japanese) then stops responding

#0083 - Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! (J - 2D59B3C8)
Too large for 512mbit cart after patch

#0085 - Jump Super Stars (J - 49EFB6B3)
Intro/menu work, crashes when you start the game

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
WOOOO!!! I got Castlevania to fit and work on my 256mbit EZFA!! YES!

Here are the instructions:

Use gbata or something to trim the rom down to 48MB. THEN open the rom up in a hex editor and start removing all the data from the end of the rom until you have a rom that is around 32MB big and you can fit it on your cart. THEN apply the nds patch and flash it. When it starts up press start to skip the intro and go on the play the game. I don't know if there is any actual damage to the game but it boots up and works! This is awesome.

ddrllama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. First one I've seen so far that won't patch.

edit: oh yeah, its CRC32 is 7BBBABEE

ndspatch.exe "0038 - Ping Pals (U).nds"

Found at offset 0x000381e4
Patched
Not found, aborting

pandapandapanda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Weird. First one I've seen so far that won't patch.

edit: oh yeah, its CRC32 is 7BBBABEE

ndspatch.exe "0038 - Ping Pals (U).nds"

Found at offset 0x000381e4
Patched
 Not found, aborting

28 doesnt patch either for me, Kirby (U), or 35 Kirby (J).

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Use gbata or something to trim the rom down to 48MB. THEN open the rom up in a hex editor and start removing all the data from the end of the rom until you have a rom that is around 32MB big and you can fit it on your cart. THEN apply the nds patch and flash it. When it starts up press start to skip the intro and go on the play the game. I don't know if there is any actual damage to the game but it boots up and works! This is awesome.

tried Trim the rom down to 48mb with gbata, use hex editor and removed data with a hex editor until its 32mb, then patch use ndspatcher, it still become 48mb.....

Are you sure it's not, Patch the Castlevania Rom first then trim it with a hex editor, delete everything after 0x1FFFFFF to make it 32MB. This way seems to work for me on a FA256Mb

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:

tried Trim the rom down to 48mb with gbata, use hex editor and removed data with a hex editor until its 32mb, then patch use ndspatcher, it still become 48mb.....

Are you sure it's not, Patch the Castlevania Rom first then trim it with a hex editor, delete everything after 0x1FFFFFF to make it 32MB. This way seems to work for me on a FA256Mb

Once you use the nds patch on it it'll bounce back to 48MB, use gbata again to trim it. It'll go back down to 32MB.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a message on Brain Training, but the game won't start. Anyone know what's going on?

Also, does anyone know what's up with Band Brothers?

Lastly, do Kirby, Jump Superstars, Splinter Cell, Meteos work on Supercard? Any other flash cards support the large roms?

A

alucard_xs

QUOTE(dsrules @ Sep 21 2005, 05:56 PM)

Once you use the nds patch on it it'll bounce back to 48MB, use gbata again to trim it. It'll go back down to 32MB.

-> what software to use ?

A

alucard_xs

What is the real method to get castlevanie works ? i've got white screen using the method above ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And if the concern is that "well we can't trust the government to intervene for this because the government can't do anything right and wastes tons of money" then holy shit push for a better government. I'm certainly trying to. Don't throw your hands up and go "we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus technology cost iirc even a water jet drill is 1k per
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @K3Nv2 that's crazily expensive. how long will that take to pay off?

Although diet is largely education, people don't need to go to university to learn what's healthy and what's not,
    it's the whole country, big corporations and advertising that is to blame for leading most of the population to believe that poptarts and froot loops are healthy to feed a child
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i would think the population knows better but with food deserts and abject poverty, sometimes a poptart gonna have to do.
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    it's a big ol complicated world innit
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    As someone who went through the grade school system in the US some time within the past 30 or so years, not nearly enough is done to promote and educate on how to eat healthy in a way that is feasible to do on a regular basis and also affordable. Eating healthy is, comparatively, fucking expensive. So is eating unhealthy, but in many cases eating unhealthy is more affordable than eating healthy
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    90k could get you a 3 bedroom house in some poorer parts of the country
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @cearp, it's like buying a new car most dentists say so $250 per the rest of your life
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Jesus
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    These are actual implants to dentures though
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Well once it's all done I'm sure you'll be happy with the result
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just a flappity denture would probably be 5k
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    sold
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got some faith implants are going to justbe included with a crown cost
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Procedures bullshit wait 4 months for graft to heal wait another four months the post to heal then get crown
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Only 1 tempycoin.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got kfc for dinner fucking dinner box is a joke
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just go gummy, ancientboi would like you better that way anyways, and you save money on toothbrushes/toothpaste
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy I agree, but also it's about self control and realistic thinking. We wouldn't feed a dog soda, so why feed it to ourselves? Eating unhealthy food because it's cheap is one thing, but I'm sure you know people who drink soda routinely when they should be drinking water which is free.
    I get it can feel mean to say "no treat sweet beverage for you anymore" but for many people it's just in their way of life.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I drink soda twice out of the week
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus decay can start as young as 15 tons of factors
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Even sugar free isn't good, as the acid is bad enough.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    oh earlier than 15 Ken, babies, children can get decay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So dentists give. Us these caps that'll last a few years to fight thrm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but babies get a new set
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but babies get a new set