Knattabert

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting for someone to hack a game and a demo inserter.
I want to be able to send multiboot demos with my DS and a flash cart. *_*

*cough*DS Kiosk*cough*

Syncmaster95

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello people

I have a Flash Advance Pro 256mb flash card, and would like to play nds games with it.

But as i've understood i need a flashme or something like this:
http://www.kicktrading.ca/product_info.php...&products_id=47
To get it to work right?

What am i supposed to do with that superpass thing?

Anyone care to explain? It wont work to just put the patched nds rom on my flash card and play it in the ds?

Thanks!!

Chetic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello people

I have a Flash Advance Pro 256mb flash card, and would like to play nds games with it.

But as i've understood i need a flashme or something like this:
http://www.kicktrading.ca/product_info.php...&products_id=47
To get it to work right?

What am i supposed to do with that superpass thing?

Anyone care to explain? It wont work to just put the patched nds rom on my flash card and play it in the ds?

Thanks!!

First you should read this:
http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=6574

Now I hope you understand things better.
By the way, Superpass, Magic Key (1), Passkey and PassMe are all the same things!
They all originated from the PassMe though, all credits should go to natrium42.

Did anybody happen to put together a list of what games work?

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
so what should I get? a traditional GBA flashcard or M3 whatever it is?

What is the best card to get for this patcher right now?

gbxemu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gbxemu.com
XP
Country
United States
Any confirmed X-ROM users yet?

Yes - it looks like it does work on X-ROM and stores SaveGames in Xrom SRAM...

yaynds.gif
gameboy-advance.net/nintendo_ds/ndspatcher

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

IMO as it stands the G6 now kicks ass, here is the breakdown

G6 = expensive but most compact
M3 = Cheaper, must supply own memory but slim passme
Mk2 = THIS IS ONLY THEORETICAL TILL I GET THE KIT, but the MK2 may play PURE ROMS, IE No need to patch to save to the GBA slot. This may increase compatibility down the road and not have you wait for a software update.

Right now though yea g6 is tight

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country

IMO as it stands the G6 now kicks ass, here is the breakdown

G6 = expensive but most compact
M3 = Cheaper, must supply own memory but slim passme
Mk2 = THIS IS ONLY THEORETICAL TILL I GET THE KIT, but the MK2 may play PURE ROMS, IE No need to patch to save to the GBA slot. This may increase compatibility down the road and not have you wait for a software update.

Right now though yea g6 is tight

thanks. So what's a reliable website i can buy G6 from. I still need to flash my DS right?

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE(dsrules @ Sep 21 2005, 05:56 PM)
Are you sure it's not, Patch the Castlevania Rom first then trim it with a hex editor, delete everything after 0x1FFFFFF to make it 32MB. This way seems to work for me on a FA256Mb

any chance someone could make a IPS patch of the trimmed Castlevania rom? With the crappy hex editor I'm using, it's taking me forever...

edit: downloadeed another hex editor and now I have it

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use Supercard CF with Flashme.

It's funny that Nintendogs (L&F) now continues after you bought your dog (save screen). That seemed fine but nothing saves on my CF card. Then I tried Advance Wars that didn't work earlier too. Now it works fine but nothing's saved when I turn off/on...How can this be?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
something fun to note for SC users, and maybe other as well - I made a program called Etool that backs up 64k and 4k saves (roundabout method on supercard), and taking a game from a DS card (for example, I tried it with bomberman), backing it up to a SRAM .sav file, then patching the ROM with this new patcher, rename the Etool backup sav file to the same as the rom name (except the .sav part) and you can transfer your save to/from EEPROM and SROM like that... it should even work with the compatible flash cards if you just use the tool to copy the desired EEPROM save to the SRAM and then load the game on that flashcard.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
something fun to note for SC users, and maybe other as well - I made a program called Etool that backs up 64k and 4k saves (roundabout method on supercard), and taking a game from a DS card (for example, I tried it with bomberman), backing it up to a SRAM .sav file, then patching the ROM with this new patcher, rename the Etool backup sav file to the same as the rom name (except the .sav part) and you can transfer your save to/from EEPROM and SROM like that... it should even work with the compatible flash cards if you just use the tool to copy the desired EEPROM save to the SRAM and then load the game on that flashcard.

I really adore your work of art. It's really brill. Although it would be soooo great if it could save 2MB files too. Such a pity, I tought my dog very sneaky things already...And now he's back in the kennel again and doesn't even know me anymore.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Opium:
I got the same thing with Nintendogs on my EZFA. The Go out and Supplies list dissapeared!
Oh noes.
I like Nanostry better, anyhow
wub.gif

Electroplankton is a trip, too...

Xboxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Who needs NDS roms when you can play with the Kyoji sign picture...?

Damn! Im good!!!!!!!

On-Topic: Any 512Mb game working on any cart? (besides the trimmed version of Castlevania?)

Peace

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really adore your work of art. It's really brill. Although it would be soooo great if it could save 2MB files too. Such a pity, I tought my dog very sneaky things already...And now he's back in the kennel again and doesn't even know me anymore.
rofl2.gif

Work of art? heh! the real work was done by Wintermute & associates (devkitARM) and SATA (fixed EEPROM routine) I just put the two together in a little console app package... Glad people are finding a use for it, thats for sure -was even happier to find it working with the new patchers stuff. (definitely the most coding I have done in 10 years though)

To do a NDogs backup, one would need either bankswitching and 4 standard flashcart SRAM banks (64kbyte*4) or 4 power on and power offs with the SC to back it up (or restore it)... or some tricky/interesting compression. Hopefully that sort of thing will get... sorted with the next SC patcher, removing the limit that we are able to read/write to the SC.

Personally, I REALLY REALLY hope that this patcher and the recent other patchers (SC/G6/M3) dont affect the prospect of some of the excellent but only announced US titles coming to the DS, I remember a couple of great announced games for other consoles getting dropped as projected sales dropped with the increase in piracy (good business practice I guess, if you cant make enough back to meet the profit margin, then why pay people to create the product)

edit:/ just had to say this, Kyoji, love that sig (one of the few I dont block with FF adblock
smile.gif
)

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is a great release. I can now use my EZFA cart. I had a passme hanging around for ages. The EZFA wouldn't burn any format that wasn't a gba rom to the cart. Now it does. Shame I can't get my old xtreme 512mb to play the .nds roms as well
frown.gif

pandapandapanda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So far my tests reveal...

ROMs that don't patch
0028 - Kirby - Canvas Curse (U)(Trashman) - no ReadRom signature
0035 - Touch! Kirby's Magic Paintbrush (J)(GBXR) - no ReadRom signature
0038 - Ping Pals (U)(GBXR) - no ReadCard signature

ROMs that patch but don't work
0016 - Meteos (J)(Wario) - Double white screens
0024 - Robots (E)(Trashman) - Double white screens
0026 - Pokemon Dash (U)(Trashman) - Double white screens
0032 - Bomberman (J)(Independent) - Bad dump so locks up at menus
0036 - Daigasso! Band Brothers (J)(GBXR) - Double white screens then turns itself off
0057 - Pokemon Dash (J)(Squirrels) - Double white screens
0059 - Robots (U)(Trashman) - Double white screens
0060 - Meteos (U)(Lube) - Double white screens

ROMs that the patcher finds some SnycCore signatures (Needed for GBA save)
0011 - Guru Guru Nagetto (J)(Wario)
0032 - Bomberman (J)(Independent)
0052 - Another Code - Two Memories (E)(Trashman)
0060 - Meteos (U)(Lube)
0080 - Nanostray (U)(Lube)
0083 - Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (J)(PROJECTG)
0092 - Lunar Genesis (J)(Trashman)
0094 - Akumajou Dracula - Aoitsuki no Juujika (J)(WRG)

I have tried every ROM from 1-40 and a few other random ones. The other ones between 1 and 40 boot up and seem to play fine, obviously I haven't tested them extensively but they worked for me.

If anyone gets one of the ROMS that won't work for me working on their GBA flash cart please correct me. I saw the Meteos boot video that WeaponX posted so it's clearly not a bad dump unless you have a different one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean I can tell the difference even with a high bitrate MP3 but I guess "it sounds good enough"
    Plus studio quality MP3's do exist, they are just like 512Kbps and are huge ass files lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Yea I when I can i notice mp3 sounds worse
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I say "when i can" because I have some hearing problems
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, MP3s were designed to be as small as possible, so that they can be shared on the internet. WAVE files were more bigger in size and would take hours to upload back in the day.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @realtimesave, you hi too
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ anything new in gaming?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @realtimesave, i think she said she isnt into gaming
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, what kind of headphones you use, fam? You run a DAC or anything?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore is decent for cheap
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I used to have my entire music collection in FLAC, but there is so many songs and devices that I want to store them that lossless compression wasn't enough, not to mention compatibility
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    a few years ago I decided to convert everything to mp3 with a relatively high bitrate, I had a terrible feeling I would regret doing that but to honest, I couldn't tell the difference in the audio quality after I did that
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got rid of my local music collection years ago when I subscribed to Google Play Music. Big regerts
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm planning to start building it back up though. Plus, Usenet automation around music downloading has gotten so much better since then
    I used to use high end headphones and speakers JBL back when they made good speakers lol X-Fi Fatality edition sound card on PCI with XP back when Windows had good sound....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or...