Homebrew [NDS] Yet Another nds-bootstrap Forwarder: more than 40 forwarders are now possible

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
It works now!
But I still have to boot every game with WS twice, as the first time I launch it after playing any other game, it shuts down. Is this normal? (and am I making sense?)
Hmm, yep that's exactly the same thing that's happening for me... I'll take deeper look into it in a little bit, I couldn't figure out why it was doing that... Was kinda hoping it was just me lol

Reactions: Lufvave

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Got it working! For some reason that I'm not really sure why it wasn't setting the length of the autoload info correctly, it's working correctly for me now with #9.

I've attached a build too since the forwarder packs don't have auto builds.

Attachments

• sdcard.nds.zip
    170.1 KB · Views: 58

Lufvave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Got it working! For some reason that I'm not really sure why it wasn't setting the length of the autoload info correctly, it's working correctly for me now with #9.

I've attached a build too since the forwarder packs don't have auto builds.
Now it works perfectly in games that I've previously enabled widescreen in and reboots correclty, however when I access the per-game settings on a game that I haven't touched before and enable WS, it doesn't boot in WS. The only games that boot in WS are the two I already had configured.

Not sure what is happening, it creates config files, but just doesn't work.

Maybe I messed something up though, I'll do more testing later when I have more time

Edit: I determined that this is not because of the new sdcard.nds file and is infact because my 3DS is cursed and it hates me

Edit 2: I found out it does this even when launching from Twilight Menu itself, so I'll go and figure this out on my own as its not related to this,
thank you for your help and time

Edit 3: I fixed it, the problem was that the .nds files were patched with widescreen cheat codes

Last edited by Lufvave,

sysylph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'm completely new to this stuff, how do I do step 11? I've opened the cmd and ran the command but this comes up.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
its still not working? it says python was not found even though i installed it
Try py -m pip -r requirements.txt, if you didn't check the "add python to PATH" box while installing I think you'll need to use py instead of python on Windows.

If that doesn't work you probably need to edit your PATH to add Python, if you reinstall I'm pretty sure there's an option to do so.

Reactions: lone_wolf323

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just tried it and this is pretty damn cool
yeiplaycallofdutydsona3dsyetheycallmetheceoofvirginitydontbejealous-png.300112
May I ask how you create that??

Lufvave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
May I ask how you create that??
I either google the games' logos or use SteamGridDB to download them, then I just use PaintDotNet to edit the image so that it looks good in a small resolution; I resize it to 256x128, remove trademark symbols and sometimes redraw bits or add some color here and there

If you want I can make a couple logos for you

Reactions: FanNintendo

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I either google the games' logos or use SteamGridDB to download them, then I just use PaintDotNet to edit the image so that it looks good in a small resolution; I resize it to 256x128, remove trademark symbols and sometimes redraw bits or add some color here and there

If you want I can make a couple logos for you
I'll keep in mind thanks Do you have any other you already have made?? I think I found the logo downloaded for DS, they are all 400x175 good size and can be downsize to 256x128. I like how you created Call of Dutry MW3 than this one
1646610240830.png

Last edited by FanNintendo,

SpaceLion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, the GUI application is no longer even giving a progress circle when I press the download button. I've used it before successfully. I tried changing the Python command/location (even setting it manually to my exe location), tried running the program as admin, nothing. Any idea what could be going on?

Edit: of course 5 seconds after posting this, I realized I changed my generator directory since the last time I ran it. Sorry for wasting space lol

Edit 2: I was using it to install an English patch of Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem. The game icon shows up fine in the generator, but when installed, it's just a rainbow pixel noise mess (the correct box art is shown when installed at least, so that's good.) Any idea why that would happen, even though the generator shows what seems to be the correct game icon?

Last edited by SpaceLion,

vanhouten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, the GUI application is no longer even giving a progress circle when I press the download button. I've used it before successfully. I tried changing the Python command/location (even setting it manually to my exe location), tried running the program as admin, nothing. Any idea what could be going on?

Edit: of course 5 seconds after posting this, I realized I changed my generator directory since the last time I ran it. Sorry for wasting space lol

Edit 2: I was using it to install an English patch of Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem. The game icon shows up fine in the generator, but when installed, it's just a rainbow pixel noise mess (the correct box art is shown when installed at least, so that's good.) Any idea why that would happen, even though the generator shows what seems to be the correct game icon?
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem is the only DS game I'm still playing through the old forwarder method, for this reason. The game uses an animated icon that caused problems with Forwarder 3DS as well, but Forwarder 3DS allows for switching the icon and RocketRobz had a fixed icon for it.

Reactions: SpaceLion

randyt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lifehackerhansol Thank you for this project. This is truly awesome!

I tried it yesterday with two NDS games and not only did it work fine....I was surprised to see the menu tiles with boxart (in the upper screen). How is this done? Where does the generator get the boxart from? If I wouId have to guess I would say sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/boxart .

Also I noticed an error when starting the game Toy Story 3:
'The DSi binaries are missing. Please obtain a clean ROM to replace the current one. Press A to proceed to tun in DS mode'.

After pressing the 'A'-button, the game works fine though. I should probably use a better dump of the rom.. Can this error be skipped automatically though?.

Last edited by randyt,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
@lifehackerhansol Thank you for this project. This is truly awesome!

I tried it yesterday with two NDS games and not only did it work fine....I was surprised to see the menu tiles with boxart (in the upper screen). How is this done? Where does the generator get the boxart from? If I wouId have to guess I would say sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/boxart .
I used the commandline tool (not the gui)
It gets the boxart from from GameTDB, specifically this part of the code is what downloads it.

It's the same source as TWiLightBoxart uses so probably the same as what you have for TWiLight, but YANBF gets the medium quality ones instead of small since 3DS banners are a bit higher resolution.

• Wow
Reactions: randyt

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm having trouble to generate, have selected all 4 options and generate been going over 30 sec. I download python-3.10.2-amd64.exe in download folder and is there specific python I should be getting. I was wondering if I should get 32 bit instead of 64 bit ? Thank you

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I'm having trouble to generate, have selected all 4 options and generate been going over 30 sec. I download python-3.10.2-amd64.exe in download folder and is there specific python I should be getting. I was wondering if I should get 32 bit instead of 64 bit ? Thank you
You need Python 3.9. For some reason it's breaking with Python 3.10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1