Homebrew [NDS] Yet Another nds-bootstrap Forwarder: more than 40 forwarders are now possible

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
`Widescreen support` - how to make it work? I've regenerated the Pokemon Platinum with 1.2.0, updated sd card forwarders, etc. But no effect
Did you reinstall bootstrap.cia? The changes were in the SD forwarder pack and bootstrap.cia so those should be all you need to update. Then once those are updated iirc you need to hold Y while booting the forwarder and enable widescreen from the per-game settings.

Reactions: solomonk

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SD forwarder packs do not include apfix nor widescreen patches. Working on PRs for all related repos to make it available on Universal-Updater.

I'll also update instructions on how to do it manually in a bit.

Update: instructions in OP is updated to reflect this change. Universal-DB has also been updated.

@solomonk give it another 10 minutes, then re-open Universal Updater and the required files will be downloaded automatically, or you can follow the manual instructions in OP.

Last edited by lifehackerhansol,
Reactions: solomonk and Pk11

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
No luck so far, I followed both manual and universal updater paths. Reinstalled bootstrap.cia, set the widescreen to on in the pre-game settings.
Do you actually have widescreen set up? You need to have a Widescreen.cxi file from TWPatch for it to work, see the wiki page for how. (that page is for TWiLight, but it'll work fine for forwarders too. You can also put it at sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/Widescreen.cxi if you prefer)

Reactions: solomonk

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't even get the per game settings to pop up, what am I doing wrong? I launch the game from the forwarder icon and immediately hold Y and keep it held. I get the nds-boostrap screen and then the game launches, with no per game settings screen.

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't even get the per game settings to pop up, what am I doing wrong? I launch the game from the forwarder icon and immediately hold Y and keep it held. I get the nds-boostrap screen and then the game launches, with no per game settings screen.
Not an issue on my end. I do hold the Y button as soon as the Homebrew splash shows up, though. Maybe you can do that as well.

solomonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Still no luck with the widescreen. I followed the Pk11's guide and put `sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/Widescreen.cxi`. Tried a few other games from the compat list, but alas. I wonder what am I missing..

Last edited by solomonk,
v1.3.0

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YANBF v1.3.0

https://github.com/lifehackerhansol/YANBF/releases/tag/v1.3.0

What's new?
  • UniqueID randomizing is here.
    • Not present in the GUI yet. You will need to do it via CLI.
    • Pass -r as an argument to randomize.
  • Launch splash has been changed from Homebrew to Nintendo 3DS.
Improvements
  • UniqueID collision checking is now implemented.
    • This will require your `Nintendo 3DS` folder to be "clean". This means one ID0 folder and one ID1 folder only. If you have multiple, please clean them up.
    • This works by checking all TIDLOW values that are present on the SD card. If the UniqueID calculated by YANBF already exists on the SD card, it will simply increment the UniqueID by 1 until it no longer collides.
      • This may still collide with any titles that have not yet been installed. So this has a chance of potentially being replaced in the future by a retail game or some others homebrew app. There isn't a public database of this stuff or anything so unfortunately I cannot guarantee this for you.
Bug fix
  • Fixed an issue where the 3DS-side app may display "Failed to launch CIA" error for a brief moment before actually launching.
Fixes are mostly generator side, so no need to update from Universal-Updater for this release.

Last edited by lifehackerhansol,

Deleted member 585915

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no luck with the widescreen. I followed the Pk11's guide and put `sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/Widescreen.cxi`. Tried a few other games from the compat list, but alas. I wonder what am I missing..
Keep me updated. I can't get it working either, the only way any game goes widescreen is when the .cxi is in /luma/sysmodules but then I can't use per game settings.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Keep me updated. I can't get it working either, the only way any game goes widescreen is when the .cxi is in /luma/sysmodules but then I can't use per game settings.
Are you sure you put the CXI at either sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/Widescreen.cxi or sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/TwlBg/Widescreen.cxi? Make sure there weren't any typos or such. Also, not every game supports widescreen so make sure it's on this list.

Deleted member 585915

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you put the CXI at either sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/Widescreen.cxi or sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/TwlBg/Widescreen.cxi? Make sure there weren't any typos or such. Also, not every game supports widescreen so make sure it's on this list.
yeah its setup like sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/Widescreen.cxi but still no luck, i also made sure the game is compatible. has anyone got it working correctly?

edit: enabling the nightly bootstrap made it work now

Last edited by Deleted member 585915,

wynnwave

Trophies
Website
www.linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install multiple forwarders for the same game from different regions? I tried installing forwarders for both Elite Beat Agents and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, but one overwrote the other b/c I guess they're officially considered regional variants of the same game.

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to install multiple forwarders for the same game from different regions? I tried installing forwarders for both Elite Beat Agents and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, but one overwrote the other b/c I guess they're officially considered regional variants of the same game.
1.3.0 should already have this, but only after you install one forwarder. I don't have a way to check multiple at this time.

Basically what you do, is create one forwarder, install it with FBI (if you want to do it all on PC, consider custom-install by ihaveamac), then insert SD back in PC and make the next forwarder, which will now detect that the Title ID is already present and create a new one to work around it.

Reactions: wynnwave

wynnwave

Trophies
Website
www.linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
1.3.0 should already have this, but only after you install one forwarder. I don't have a way to check multiple at this time.

Basically what you do, is create one forwarder, install it with FBI (if you want to do it all on PC, consider custom-install by ihaveamac), then insert SD back in PC and make the next forwarder, which will now detect that the Title ID is already present and create a new one to work around it.
I just tried this, and generating the second forwarder failed. The log file says:

Sun Feb 27 2022 16:28:05 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): uniqueid = str(int(uniqueid) + 1) ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '14f53'

It looks like it's failing to create a new unique id because the existing one isn't an integer?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220227-163322_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-163322_Drive.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 59

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried this, and generating the second forwarder failed. The log file says:

Sun Feb 27 2022 16:28:05 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): uniqueid = str(int(uniqueid) + 1) ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '14f53'

It looks like it's failing to create a new unique id because the existing one isn't an integer?
I think I fixed the bug. I attached `core.py` here, replace this one with the current one in your generator folder and see if it works.

Attachments

• core.zip
    3 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: wynnwave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...