Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
No, those are Mexican dollars
rofl2.gif

The thing is that if you want to support the industry and you live in Mexico you´re going to pay 40% more of the original cost just because of the taxes..

But +800USD for a PS3? Where did you pre-order it?

All the preorders of Wii games price them at 60USD

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, those are Mexican dollars
rofl2.gif

The thing is that if you want to support the industry and you live in Mexico you´re going to pay 40% more of the original cost just because of the taxes..

But +800USD for a PS3? Where did you pre-order it?

All the preorders of Wii games price them at 60USD

im buying two zeldas... one for me and one for my girlfriend
hehehee.... its our anniversary. (6 years!) i highly recommend
a gamer girlfriend...

as for the ps3 i bought it in mercado libre (ebay mexico)
and believe me... its the cheapest way to get a ps3 here.
but i guess you already know it laguer...

but yes... im very excited about the release of those 2 consoles...
its not like a lot of money... because i´ve been saving since 6 months
ago... i work all days and go out and all... but i saved
and i have to say im vey happy to have done it.

because its a new generation ... and i´ve been enjoying my 360
and now its the other 2/3 of the next gen.

so everyone who is a gamer... who has grown being one
and now work for our own games...knows that its completely
more satisfactory to know that those are yours...

no more waiting for your parents to buy them.
so i salute to all those who saved for keep the gaming life alive.
grog.gif

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This topic was better when it was called Lego Star Wars II
Agreed.....I think there should be a huge sign of non working dumps that says...."If a game does not work on your card or any card for that matter ....it does not mean that the game is unpatchable or that your ability to back up games has come to an end....it just means A. The Game you want to play sucks to bad for the programmers to make it work right now....or B. Programers have lives and they are doing that so just chill. Please note it can take up to TWO WEEKS before you get your patch so just CHILL" I think that should be the sign....maybe I will go pay a homeless guy to wear that sign and take the picture for future threads like this one.

/me heads off to find a bum

D_H

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a no go on the ds-link as mentioned earlier.

I have managed to play the game using my Ultra Flash Pass, it will boot up, show the splash screens (this is where the ds-link freezes) it will then say saving and goes to the menu screen. I have managed to select a save file and create a skater and play a tutorial.

Although the game indicates several times that it is saving, on the next boot no data is accessible. I have only tried it so far using the 4k eeprom save state with and without card menu, both results are the same

I will try the other combinations of 64k eeprom and 2m flash saves with and without card menu later, when I get a chance.

Jasafar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok folks, well I wrote an e-mail to m3 asking when they would be putting out an update for the M3 cards compatibility with Tony Hawks Downhill Jam? A few days later I got this response this morning:

"We will fix it later .
We need to find the original games ."

So there you go - they haven't started working on it yet.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also,I have read reviews saying this game has issues that prohibit it from being something better than Sk8land.Too bad, cause I was thinking of buyingit.

Well I can tell you now. That review is shit. I bought the game and IMO its better than Sk8land and provides a whole nother level of customization. Honestly though, the 2 games can't really be compared because Downhill is essentially a racing game while Sk8land is purely skateboarding.

Skyhunterjim

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I'm glad you say it's good, but I'd like feedback even if that review is biased.

Now,the issues, they say, have to do with the online game, the graphics which are like it or leave it and the point as 754boy said that it's not skateboarding rather racing, which is not what you re buying Tony Hawk for.More like SSX, which I actually liked but nonetheless it's not the same.

gixxaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too think the review is crap.... I love the game and i am a hardcore fan of the original TH games... So if that helps anyone.

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okey , I think I am starting to understand the way humans think , let me explain
lecture.gif

We humans always have to complain about everything , for instance , if a game has got a new game coming out each year , which only adds some new characters and stages , we diss the game.After a long time a company finally tries to make a game which brings another side of the sport.Lets say , the street method of the sport , like we resently got the chance to lay our hands on Fifa street , so some people might be dissing Fifa street cause it ruins the football expierence and some people might call it a franchize rape.

The same thing has just happend to tony hawk , activision showed another side of the franchise : the part of people who have another vision on skating ... it's a new project ,and finally , a complete new game, something you people are being negative about.While you on the other hand , are discusted of games getting 10 sequels , all delivering the same package.

Now about the reviews. Lets say we have a game like zelda : the occorina of time , and a game like mario kart DS.The game zelda gets a 10/10 score and mario kart DS gets a 8/10 score. You can say the legend of zelda is a better game , however you can't compare them to eachother , cause zelda doesn't has the same genre , while if your a fan of kart racing , and like a fun way to race , while you don't like games like zelda with a huge story and other things , you might say you like mario kart better.

Comparing to games can be about how good the game was developped , not about the gameplay compared to eachoter
lecture.gif

Now lets not discuss any further about those reviews : if you like the old school tony hawk skating game better : so be it. you will probably like tony hawk : american sk8land better , but that doesn't have to mean its a better game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one am glad that this game is different to Sk8land, 'cos I've already got that game and its still fresh in my memory. I'm sure it wont be long until Activision do another TH DS game, maybe a Project 8 for the DS so if you want one of those TH games than just wait in the meantime give this a chance and if you like it than thats a plus if you dont than dont get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoylXwZPCms