Hacking Need a clear and concise explanation on how to run backups on retail 1.76 PS4

Deleted member 333767

OP
Trophies
XP
Hi everyone. As the title says, i'm trying to figure out exactly how one is supposed to run backups on a retail 1.76 ps4 console.

The only information that exists in regards to this topic is primarily convoluted technical speak by developers to which english is a second language, inaccurate and contradicting information by PS4 hacking forum members and barely comprehensible, confusing youtube tutorials.

I have a 1.76 PS4 and would love to contribute to the scene by testing and documenting working/non-working methods and games. But there simply isn't a clear and concise tutorial for achieving this.

The scene is full of confusion, a few weeks ago when this "method" broke out of private circles, it was claimed on twitter via cryptic tweets that "backups" were running on retail consoles, and then shortly after (i think) it was revealed that this method only allowed "demo" games to be run (hardly the definition of 'backup' according to me)

Now it appears that if you want to actually 'pirate' a PS4 game by downloading it from the internet, you require a legitimate 1.76 firmware game inside the disc drive on top of jumping through the many hoops it already takes to get a 'demo' game running.

So please, can anybody actually tell me how to run downloaded games on a 1.76 PS4? I've spent at least 48 hours in total trying to get this to work, to no avail.

Thanks

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love some tutorials as well as of right now I'm confused and have not attempted this method on my v1.76 yet.

Deleted member 333767

OP
Trophies
XP
I would love some tutorials as well as of right now I'm confused and have not attempted this method on my v1.76 yet.

Out of any console hacking scene I've been apart of (and i'm an older guy, so I've been through ALOT) i've never witnessed this amount of ambiguity, confusion and refusal to provide help or tutorials to owners of (in our case) extremely rare firmwares to help progress the scene!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You could try here: https://www.psxhax.com/threads/runn...76-ps4-guide-by-modded-warfare.2872/#comments
I'm not on the correct Firmware so I cant test myself :(

But you should know you can only play games that require FW1.76 or less (so no new games for you) :P

Yes, ive read that post of psx-hax, the article and the video description says "How to fully run free/backup copied games on a 1.76 PS4 without the game disc." But then in the video, the presenter says you need a game disc?

So essentially to play a non-demo/trial game, you need a legitimate 1.76 PS4 game in the drive? Is that correct? Before i commit to a purchase.....

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Out of any console hacking scene I've been apart of (and i'm an older guy, so I've been through ALOT) i've never witnessed this amount of ambiguity, confusion and refusal to provide help or tutorials to owners of (in our case) extremely rare firmwares to help progress the scene!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, ive read that post of psx-hax, the article and the video description says "How to fully run free/backup copied games on a 1.76 PS4 without the game disc." But then in the video, the presenter says you need a game disc?

So essentially to play a non-demo/trial game, you need a legitimate 1.76 PS4 game in the drive? Is that correct? Before i commit to a purchase.....
I think there are 3 or 4 trails games on PS4
Farcry 4,rise of tomb raider,watch dogs 2 and Minecraft.
Is there any other (trail/demo) games?

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait so I need games that require FW1.76 or less? What if the ps4 has a broken discount drive that randomly ejects games?

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wait so I need games that require FW1.76 or less? What if the ps4 has a broken discount drive that randomly ejects games?

The firmware update does not only patch out exploits, but also fix bugs and add new system APIs for the software (aka game) to utilize. If the game use the new APIs (crypto related or not), your system must >= the API version it relies on or the software will crash due to the unavailable API it tries to access. It's perfectly normal for normal cases, but game industries tend to abuse it to protect their system by force update the minimum system requirements w/o actually optimizing the game via new APIs.

So I doubt a 1.76 that can load backup games would be any useful unless someone found a way to bridge the APIs. Can't even justify the price of a PS4 just for homebrew. Computers are way cheaper and easier to develop your own stuff. If the hack was on 4.55, then I'd think the current game category is large enough to justify the purchase. But sadly we are not there yet.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The firmware update does not only patch out exploits, but also fix bugs and add new system APIs for the software (aka game) to utilize. If the game use the new APIs (crypto related or not), your system must >= the API version it relies on or the software will crash due to the unavailable API it tries to access. It's perfectly normal for normal cases, but game industries tend to abuse it to protect their system by force update the minimum system requirements w/o actually optimizing the game via new APIs.

So I doubt a 1.76 that can load backup games would be any useful unless someone found a way to bridge the APIs. Can't even justify the price of a PS4 just for homebrew. Computers are way cheaper and easier to develop your own stuff. If the hack was on 4.55, then I'd think the current game category is large enough to justify the purchase. But sadly we are not there yet.
thanks for letting me know. Im buying a ps4 tomorrow thats on 5.0 so the ps4 that I'll be using is my 4.55 one so I'll be waiting lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1