Hacking Need Help - tinfoil says storage full

AdRoz78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When I was installing a game, near the end tinfoil gave me something along the lines of "SD storage full, or exFAT corruption". The SD has 380GB free, and it's FAT32. Could this be a glitch or something more?
Post automatically merged:

It says "Failed to write placeholder! This is usually caused by not having enough available space on your SD or exFAT corruption!"

Also, is my game correctly installed or should I reinstall?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The game is probably not installed correctly but just try to start it if you see the icon on your main screen.

The error might be caused be an outdated version of tinfoil.

If the SD card was significantly cheaper than other brands than you might have a fake one.
It might still be a 128GB one but once you go over the limit, they start acting all weird.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html
I recall you need to make a backup because htest2w will overwrite all data.
If you have a seperate partition with the emummc on it, that might be somewhat annoying in windows.
(There is a windows version of 'dd' that does make a correct backup. Most other sd card clone software doesn't work properly.

AdRoz78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tested it, all 512GB legit

Fixed itself afterwards, also started popping up after I plugged in my PS5 controller (I'm using mission control)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp...