Hacking Need my vita gamecard as uma0:

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !
I'm running enso on my pstv and i've installed usbmc to use usb/sdcard adapter in ux0:

BUT

I still want to use my vita gamecard (8gb) in uma0: for roms.

I can't use vita gamecard anymore, so what do i have to do to use both at the start ?
Enso + sd mounted as ux0: + vitacard mounted as uma0:

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That version should work fine.

Just make sure both your Vita memory card and SD2Vita are inserted, use the app to install as ux0 and it will automatically assign your old 8GB memory card to uma0. Vitashell will detect it as will Retroarch and Adrenaline.

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That version should work fine.

Just make sure both your Vita memory card and SD2Vita are inserted, use the app to install as ux0 and it will automatically assign your old 8GB memory card to uma0. Vitashell will detect it as will Retroarch and Adrenaline.

Sorry but i can't start with both sd and vita card. sd is ux0 at launch (with usbmc) so if i also put vita card i've got a message like do you want to use vita card, you will lose...

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry but i can't start with both sd and vita card. sd is ux0 at launch (with usbmc) so if i also put vita card i've got a message like do you want to use vita card, you will lose...
Did you make sure to copy all the data from your Vita memory card to the SD card, including hidden files?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry to double post, but I actually encountered this issue this morning. I took the microSD card out to copy a game across and this error occured.

The SD2Vita has to be inserted EXACTLY right, and as deep into the slot as possible. It eventually worked for me after around 30 hours of fiddling and much swearing. The lesson is to NEVER take the SD card out, copy stuff over using FTP instead.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, if the sd2vita isn't inserted all the way, one of two things usually happens: the system will rebuild the database if the card isn't detected at all or the card will cause the system to freeze on the enso logo if it's making partial contact. u can fix the freezing issue by holding L on boot. that way u know it's the card and not the system causing the issue. holding that button will negate any plugins in your config.txt.

edit: that's if mounting as ux0 though.

Last edited by godreborn,

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you make sure to copy all the data from your Vita memory card to the SD card, including hidden files?

I copy through usbmc on the pstv itself, so no hidden files pb.

And in fact when i have my vitacard inserted, on boot it will be ux0:. When my vitacard is not inserted then sdcard will be ux0:

I want, on boot, vitacard as uma0: and sdcard as ux0:
So i assume i have to modify config.txt. But in wich way ?

PLUS : May i use switch2vita ?
PLUS (2) : If i want to install adrenaline on sdcard (ux0:) and games on vitacard (uma0:), i just have to run easy installer ? (i heard that there was a bug : on install it remakes config.txt)

Last edited by barak06,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if that bug still exists. my concern is that, if it does, then the sd2vita driver will no longer be listed, so the system won't mount it at boot. and, assuming the flash files for adrenaline r on the micro sd card, adrenaline will no longer work anyway. I'd recommend placing the adrenaline plugin files on ur0 at the very least.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Honestly, I had no issues just using the Switch SD2Vita app. I have SD2Vita set up as ux0 and my Sony memory card set up as uma0 and I didn't have to edit or create config.txt at all.

As long as uma0 can be seen in Vitashell, everything is set up correctly.

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Honestly, I had no issues just using the Switch SD2Vita app. I have SD2Vita set up as ux0 and my Sony memory card set up as uma0 and I didn't have to edit or create config.txt at all.

As long as uma0 can be seen in Vitashell, everything is set up correctly.

Question : install with both cards in pstv ? or install with only sdin ux0 then plugin vitacard ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...