Misc GBA Others Need people who can fix GBA, GBC, and GB Cartridges

Gallaer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone who does Gameboy, GBC, and GBA Cartridge repairs? I need someone to fix two games for me and I just don't have the skills or tools to do so.
One is a copy of Pokemon Emerald who needs a new battery but is missing one of the battery pads.
The other is a copy of Pokemon Pinball where the rumble isn't working and the b button doesn't work.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A decent mobile phone/tablet repair shop should be able to do at least the basics for this*. Don't know if there are any companies or services specifically for old games (consoles yes but games a different matter).

Pokemon pinball where the B button does not work? I don't think it is one of the cartridges with any kind of input on it (such things tend to be flash carts and cheat cartridges). It is not impossible that the usual GB/GBC dry joints thing coincides with a B button press but that is usually more of a problem with the host console (I have seen odder behaviours in such a scenario with dry joints carts).
As far as rumble not working then is this a leaked battery issue by any chance? If so I don't know what exists for rumble replacement in case the motor is done but if is more connectors then that should be doable enough.

*most GB/GBC stuff is reflow the various pins where strain over the years made dry joints (or mostly just the whole chips -- it is only a few large space pins really which is nothing compared to modern BGA stuff). Ripped pad usually just means jumper wire to trace which is common enough for phone repair places to handle. If it is a leaked battery then they can probably do a basic cleanup (whether they replate any battery connectors is a different matter -- not so hard to do as these things go but not a normal service), maybe jump a trace or two if said things are eaten through and go from there. How worth the effort such things might be I don't know, though looking at second hand prices for a lot of this then actually maybe even without the "they were my childhood games" sentimentality at play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo