Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

lordzeus330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A question for everyone here. Whenever I activate cheats for super smash brothers (Wii) and start up the game. I get and green screen that goes on for an infinite amount of time. Help would be appreciated! I am about this close to :hateit:my wii.

Never mind a manged to get wiiflow to work!:yaypsp:

DoDDsTeR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Tried to load a gamecube backup, got the dreaded green screen, cIOS fixed using ModMii (iOS 249 & 250) then presented instead with 2 vertical purple lines on the left of my screen.... After a hard reset presented with green screen and reset wii again :|

Burned on DVD -R on x4 speed. Verified
Wii is made 2006 (Also checked serial and it's capable of running backups)
Using 4.3u
Oh the backup is Fire Emblem (Compatible in wiki)
mios v10

Tried installing cios 249, 250 and mios on ios249 using wad manager via SD slot and presented with error ret -1 so used iOS 236

It WAS an NTSC rom, converted it to PAL and verified using GC-Tool, now showing PAL.

Any ideas?

*EDIT*

Now have a whole screen of Black and Orange lines, most strange, hard reset leads me back to the green screen problem.

Shadow's Wrath

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting a certain code to work with Metroid Prime 1. It's the infamous "Use Phazon Beam anywhere" code, which lets you use the game's "ultimate" weapon outside of the final boss area.

I've installed NeoGamma. I've followed each and every instruction to the letter. I've gained understanding of where GCT files have to go so that NeoGamma reads them correctly. I've gotten other Gamecube codes to work, namely the Debug Menu in Super Smash Bros. Melee. And I've also made sure to check the little box in 2. ARtoWiiRD_v0.9 that says "Each code has a verifier line". Yet this one code seems to not want to work for me. Even better, it's holding off a Phazon Beam walkthrough that I'm stuck midway in creating.

As for my Wii's stats, I'm unsure what I've done or not done to it, (it's been a long time...) but I made sure to do everything the FAQ told me to at the begining of this thread. If anyone has any time to assist me in this, I'd most appreciate it.

Also, GBAtemp apparently deleted my old email address, forcing me to make a new account. Why this happened, I have no idea. Them's the breaks, I guess.

Twister061

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there !

I have a problem with my Wii and Neogamma : when i try to launch a PAL GameCube game burned on a Verbatim dvd (burned on 4x speed), Neogamma keeps telling me my system language is english and my region is NTSC ! Since i'm in France, it should be the PAL region, no ?

The problem is that I have all my gamecube games running on my wii in english, when on Dolphin they are in french.

How can I have Neogamma on PAL region ? :(

(sorry for the misspellings, english is not my native language) :)

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you download your gc isos you will most likely get ntsc copies especially from coolrom look for games with multi language packs other then that I do not know of anyway you and also look in your neogamma settings set mios to internal to use neogamma's built-in cmios and also you may be able to change the language in the neogamma settings too

SirWolololoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Neogamma is black screening! I have no idea what to do! I have d2x CIos installed and my Cmios installed! I don't know what else i can do. I looked everywhere and there asking me to re-do my softmodded wii! I need help I have a 4.3u installed with Neogamma R9 Beta56. Please any help can do. :wacko:

SirWolololoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all the most recently updated system, Cios, and bootmii installed. I have no clue on whats going on. Everything else is working just fine, like my usb loaders.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you update your system it will erase everything installed that is installed then you can start over I can give you a thorough guide on how to get neogamma working and other backup loaders neogamma I find is only useful for gc games that don't work using dios-mios like some multi retro game packs and the master quest disc which I was able to get to boot in diosmios by extracting a tgc file from within the iso using gctool then converting the tgc file to a gcm and using discex to convert it for dios-mios. i'll need to upload a file though but I won't be able to upload the file till later tonight it's a cmios that can rarely be found on the internet it comes packaged with darkcorp v1.1

SirWolololoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just need how to fix my neogamma on playing wii backups. I booted up ssbm burned at 8x speed and it worked fine. Maybe its my write speed? Other than that I feel like thats the only that i should adjust.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
usually burning at 2x or 2.4x is best the slower the burn speed the safer the files are written kinda like wielding two pieces of metal together if you try to rush the process it becomes sloppy and loose well it's kinda the same thing for burning disc's the slower the data transfer the lower the buffer size increases a greater chance for a sucessful burning.
also WiiBackupManager is capable of burning any wii game file format.
I believe backup disc loading and ocarina codes don't work together I think it's original disk or usb/sd loader that only works with ocarina just so everyone is clear

SirWolololoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says my dvd supports write speeds of 4x - 16x. What would happen if i burn lower than that? I dont wanna risk something happening to my dvd drive

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it will select the lowest possible setting and I find that depending on the brand of dvd-r you are using depends on the writes speeds you can use also if wbm becomes unsuccessful with burning use imgburn with the .iso files at 2x or 2.4x thats how I have always done it but if you can only burn at 4x lowest do that but I suggest trying out img burn to see if you can burn at 2 or 2.4 first off

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just burn the disc at 4x, and don't use crappy discs. Some crappy discs work fine, others don't. Verbatim with Azo die or TY discs are good, all the rest are crappy.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if your wii happens to be made in the year 2008 or after stop trying with disc's your drive won't support it and you'll need a usb device or big sd card

SirWolololoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEVAHH MIND >.> my dumb self didnt realize i can also burn at 2x :lol: Thats dumb on my part im really new to this. But I definitely got it during 07-08. It says it been issued in 06. So yeah, very old wii.

SirWolololoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But my gamecube backups work perfectly fine. Is it something with my burning speed? I burned Ssbm at 8x speed with verbatim dvd-r advanced azo recording dye (Orange and blue casing). When i burned twilight princess at 4x, it gave me the dreaded black screen. But Neogamma succesfully recognized that it was that game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway