Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
I don't want a frameskip of 2. The game actually slows down a little when the frameskip is 2 (and check out the debug tab. The framerate goes down when it's set to 2).
A frameskip of 3 maintains a minimal amount of frameskip without slowing down the gameplay.

And I want to play at max scaling+flicker at 2, because I don't like things being cropped off, and flicker at 2 makes everything a bit more readable.
Well, I changed the frameskip to 3 and flicker to 2...for scaling, I'm kind of just poking random numbers in...It already shows practically the whole screen, give or take a couple of pixels on the very bottom...
-lame version, continue down-

-Frameskip at 3
-Flicker at 2
-Screen scaling slightly smaller yet again...it's pretty much the full screen I think.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
YayMii said:
I don't want a frameskip of 2. The game actually slows down a little when the frameskip is 2 (and check out the debug tab. The framerate goes down when it's set to 2).
A frameskip of 3 maintains a minimal amount of frameskip without slowing down the gameplay.

And I want to play at max scaling+flicker at 2, because I don't like things being cropped off, and flicker at 2 makes everything a bit more readable.
Well, I changed the frameskip to 3 and flicker to 2...for scaling, I'm kind of just poking random numbers in...It already shows practically the whole screen, give or take a couple of pixels on the very bottom...
http://www.mediafire.com/?wvahq2b22qjo00b

-Frameskip at 3
-Flicker at 2
-Screen scaling slightly smaller yet again...it's pretty much the full screen I think.
Thanks for that
smile.gif
. But you're actually 1 pixel off from showing the whole screen. You have it to 00E0, and to show the whole screen you'd need exactly 00E1.
But curiously enough, I actually found that your settings show more than what you'd see if you went on the display tab and touched the right side of the screen (which would've shown 00DF). Not a very big deal, though.

EDIT: On second thought, it's actually right-on. It's just that some games seem to use an extra line for some odd reason.
EDIT2: When loading a second game in the emulator, it reverts the frameskip to 4 and the flicker to 2. Can you fix this? Thanks.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I don't like the touchscreen controls for nesDS anyways...I'm thinking I might just make the scaling and positioning shortcuts only work when the bottom screen is active, since then there are less chances to accidentally rescale the screen or something while playing...maybe later though...
Anyways, I made the frameskip carry over, so you can just swap as many times as you want and not have to reset the frameskip until you reset the DS.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w5fold1gbny8h61
-Let the frameskip setting pass over after choosing a new rom.

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright, new version.

Are Castlevania 3, the Ninja Gaiden games and the Kunio-kun games (Super Dodgeball and the like) working yet?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks, they removed the scaling entirely. On the other hand, now the screen can go on the top or the bottom apparently though since nesDS still doesn't like my touchscreen, I can't adjust it for shit...but I fixed that now at least...hopefully if nothing else, nobody has to worry about the frameskipping and flicker anymore...since those are gone too (by removed/gone I mean I dunno where they are and they don't seem to be changeable by the user).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
tomrev said:
Do you use DSi? My Lite work fine. I guess code for recognize touch screen for Phat/Lite different from i / XL.
I use a DSLite as well, but for whatever reason, my touchscreen just doesn't like nesDS. It works just fine on Moonshell2 and Colors, but with nesDS, I have to press weird places to get what I want, and most of the time it isn't registering anyways -_-"...Thus why I have great use for the modified version (plus it's easier getting to the savestate). It works fine on my brother's DSLite as well. So it's just my weirdass DS that has this sort of problem.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just so y'all know, crashing games (CV3, Punchout etc) STILL crash
frown.gif

Also PCM still isnt added and EX is actually a HARDWARE emulator again now so fs is unesscesary.

some GFX don't work like they used to in 0.22, example in noah's ark water isn't emulated right so instead you get weird effect lines where the water should be.

Still, every rev is a step forward
biggrin.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
I use a DSLite as well, but for whatever reason, my touchscreen just doesn't like nesDS. It works just fine on Moonshell2 and Colors, but with nesDS, I have to press weird places to get what I want, and most of the time it isn't registering anyways -_-"...Thus why I have great use for the modified version (plus it's easier getting to the savestate). It works fine on my brother's DSLite as well. So it's just my weirdass DS that has this sort of problem.
Is it all versions of nesDS? or just the EX version?
I think that there's a 'problem' with the new row of 'tabs' added with EX that makes placement off a bit. With 0.22b I ended up saving over my LoZ savestate when I hit Load State and nesDS tracked it as Save State. I don't have this issue in 0.22 "trunk" (the non-EX/ORG version).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Is it all versions of nesDS? or just the EX version?
I think that there's a 'problem' with the new row of 'tabs' added with EX that makes placement off a bit. With 0.22b I ended up saving over my LoZ savestate when I hit Load State and nesDS tracked it as Save State. I don't have this issue in 0.22 "trunk" (the non-EX/ORG version).
Nah, it's a problem that my DS has had for all versions. Maybe I'll post a video of it once I updated 0.30b to have the mod and whatever other crap I want (I was planning on making a video showing what the mod does compared to just the normal version...and then this version popped up...).

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
(I was planning on making a video showing what the mod does compared to just the normal version...and then this version popped up...).
I like the dual-screen rendering, for some games, amazingly feel better to have both screen display but the others is annoying. Could you figure out how to modify rescaling?

In file 6502.s, line ".word 28 @adypos,4" - change 28 to lower number for lower vertical panning.

D

Deleted-236924

jurassicplayer said:
tomrev said:
Do you use DSi? My Lite work fine. I guess code for recognize touch screen for Phat/Lite different from i / XL.
I know for fact the original black DS Lite has this problem.
Not sure if the original white or if the light pink one has it.

NamoNakamura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sc4rFac3d said:
Just tried. Interface is a bit of a mess. Too bad. Was hoping for a good NES emulator along with lameboy

The emulator itself works fine though. :/

Ah, whatever. I really like the new update, the smoother frame-rate is really much appreciated. I just miss screen scaling.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
They updated to beta 31 and supposedly readded scaling.
They did, it's good but the screen can mess up if you play with the scaling too much. It also feels a little more squished than the last release on some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: why were servers down?