twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey... Hate to bug you with another question, but did you say you had a version of nesDS source that compiled and created an arm9.bin? Or was the arm9.bin you had given to you from Taiju's files?
If you have a version that compiles an arm9.bin, could I get it?
biggrin.gif

I want to have a look at what is different between the two versions, if it's just a make file or something else that allows the arm9.bin to be made.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Hey... Hate to bug you with another question, but did you say you had a version of nesDS source that compiled and created an arm9.bin? Or was the arm9.bin you had given to you from Taiju's files?
biggrin.gif

I want to have a look at what is different between the two versions, if it's just a make file or something else that allows the arm9.bin to be made.
He gave me a version that can correctly compile the arm9.bin for the Ex version after I told him the peculiar problem I had originally (you might have bumped into it as well if you tried to compile a custom one xD). The thing that needed to be done was to cut out the dldi section of the original mode (I actually had a feeling that was what needed to be done...but of course, I don't have the brains or skill to pull out a solution, thus Taiju did =D).
At best, if Taiju says it's ok to give to people, I'll probably just PM you a copy of it (since I still hoping that sooner or later the actual devs will release the one they use as opposed to Taiju's alternative method)...otherwise, I'll just edit this post if I can't.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
twiztidsinz said:
biggrin.gif

He gave me a version that can correctly compile the arm9.bin for the Ex version after I told him the peculiar problem I had originally (you might have bumped into it as well if you tried to compile a custom one xD). The thing that needed to be done was to cut out the dldi section of the original mode (I actually had a feeling that was what needed to be done...but of course, I don't have the brains or skill to pull out a solution, thus Taiju did =D).
At best, if Taiju says it's ok to give to people, I'll probably just PM you a copy of it (since I still hoping that sooner or later the actual devs will release the one they use as opposed to Taiju's alternative method)...otherwise, I'll just edit this post if I can't.
Sounds good (and fair). Thanks.

I wish he'd come back to the DS scene
frown.gif

OH!
One more thing... does that version have EXTLink in it? (I hope so
tongue.gif
)
I've been slowly messing around with trying to add the extlink_filestruct.h file, but always throws errors at me -- Maybe I'm adding it right, but it's not a simple 'drop this file here and compile'.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nesDS 0.40b is out:
QUOTE said:
nesDS, using toolchain devkitARM. We spent a few weeks to port the original nesDS project to the GCC toolchain. Then we made a new EX Edition, and made it possible to emulate the the NES/FC games that the origianl nesDS didn't work well. Since the 0.40 version, I ported the code of EX Edtion to the original nesDS, now it is the best nes-emulator~!

0.40b
named as 'nesDS 0.40', not 'nesDS EX 0.40', because the two versions had been merged into one.
some bugs fixed ....
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nesds/file....40b.nds.tar.gz

No source for the file (yet).

Seems scaling is fixed, as is Fastforward/Rewind (since they were working in 0.22) and the 'Cheat Engine' is gone.
Mike Tyson's Punch-out!! still has buggy graphics, but is playable again (crashed on the EX version).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried it already xD. It's pretty much just back to being nesDS...probably retains the compatibility of both versions (the good compatibility and not the stuff that fails), but it's back to being just nesDS (so none of the new tabs that were added in the Ex version).

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
jurassicplayer said:
I tried it already xD. It's pretty much just back to being nesDS...probably retains the compatibility of both versions (the good compatibility and not the stuff that fails), but it's back to being just nesDS (so none of the new tabs that were added in the Ex version).
R.I.P nesDS Ex version

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
It said in the changelog that all he did was pretty much take some of the improvements from the EX version, implemented them into the ORG version, and release that as a separate file.

EDIT: I just tried it, and it's complete BS. It functions the same as the old ORG version. Duck Tales has a buggy HUD.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
R.I.P nesDS Ex versionCan you cite a source on that, or are you just making it up?
nesDS EX had some usability issues, but I don't think they'd just toss it aside after spending so much time on it.

YayMii said:
It said in the changelog that all he did was pretty much take some of the improvements from the EX version, implemented them into the ORG version, and release that as a separate file.

EDIT: I just tried it, and it's complete BS. It functions the same as the old ORG version. Duck Tales has a buggy HUD.Yeah... I'm not noticing any real changes over v0.22 'trunk'.
I'll see how the file compares to the 0.22 trunk build in a min.
Well... looking at the compiled files, the 0.40b version is a bit longer and has more 'chunks', but functionally there doesn't seem to be much of a difference.

QUOTE(jurassicplayer @ Mar 4 2011, 09:04 AM)
Any word on Taiju's modified source?
ninja.gif

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just tried it for a couple of minutes, there's a few new options, and if you change the Sprite render option on the Display menu form "Per-Frame" to "Per-Scanline", the Ducktales' HUD gets fixed!
yaynds.gif

And, maybe it's just me, but I noticed some differences regarding the sound in games like Castlevania III or Contra, like a channel was missing or something like that.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
minoplis said:
And, maybe it's just me, but I noticed some differences regarding the sound in games like Castlevania III or Contra, like a channel was missing or something like that.
nesDS does not support PCM sounds (yet). So sounds like the drum track in Contra and SMB3 will not play.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vigilante said:
Why is Nesds EX Sh1ty anyways,I find the one last released by loopy better than all the Nesds EX updates.
there are some games EX runs that even loopy's doesn't.

Noah's ark is the only one I can pull of the top of my head, but it's a good game and worth it for me.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some great games have been added as compatable since this was picked up:

Ninja Gaiden 1 & 3 (graphics fixed)
Silver Surfer (that's right, I actually like it...)
Double Dragon 2
Batman
Adventures of Lolo 2

I'm sure there are many more I'm unaware of.

EDIT: Add Castlevania 3 to that list, at least as far as I played. The previously invisible enemies can now be seen using the "per-scanline" setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1