Netflix announces live action Resident Evil series

Twitter.PNG

Netflix has their latest video game adaptation in the works, announcing this morning that a live action Resident Evil series is on the horizon via their NX on Netflix social media channels. The premier season will consist of eight one hour episodes, and will be focused on the Wesker children as they make the move to New Raccoon City. At the head of the series is Andrew Dabb of Supernatural fame, while The Walking Dead's Bronwen Hughes will be directing the first two episodes. No release date or casting list has been confirmed at this time.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dont fuck it up. It writes itself. Dont fuck it up!
I'm hoping or a Logan/New Mutants-like vibe, with the children being heavily experimented on and isolated due to the shady nature of everything, and then as they learn about the experiments (and powers gained from the viruses reacting), they start to retaliate.

At least that's what I'm hoping for.
All they have to do is make it a serious/dark tone, and keep it horror/thriller oriented.

Don't make this into a fucking comedy-action shit, we have enough of that already.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping or a Logan/New Mutants-like vibe, with the children being heavily experimented on and isolated due to the shady nature of everything, and then as they learn about the experiments (and powers gained from the viruses reacting), they start to retaliate.

At least that's what I'm hoping for.
All they have to do is make it a serious/dark tone, and keep it horror/thriller oriented.

Don't make this into a fucking comedy-action shit, we have enough of that already.

I mean, considering Wesker went full Neo after RE1, I wouldn't count on the "dark/serious" tone.

Reactions: Draxikor

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I mean, considering Wesker went full Neo after RE1, I wouldn't count on the "dark/serious" tone.
I do hope this is different though.
We never saw Wesker before RE 0/1 with full powers, only from Code Veronica and onwards he was already fully compatible with the viruses injected, and after dying on purpose to activate said virus.

This could still be a serious thing, with the children being forced and submitted to different kinds of experiments, and I assume not all of them would be compatible with the viruses or treatments being given to them.
If they do implement powers of sorts, then I do hope they at least keep it somewhat minimal, and not to the absurd Neo Wesker or Alice kind of levels.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm holding out hope for a happy medium, leaning towards survival horror. I'm also hoping this tweet is just over simplifying it, and the "Wesker kids" means Project W, which would mean we'd have to have SOME of the RE5 and 6 treatment. But not overdone.
Well the problem with 5 & 6 is that that were basically action movies and had nothing in relation to the older games other than the characters and story

Reactions: Draxikor

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can see the zombies looking like White Walkers
I hope Sienna Guillory return as Alice... or at the very least Oded as Carlos.

Fuck Mila Jovovich. Give me my Sienna (。♡‿♡。)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I HOPE SOMETHING ELSE TOO:
That the story sticks to the actual Game's Story, with the real characters, and not dumb adaptations where Carlos is an Asian looking guy eating sandwiches at Jill's Cafe or dumb shit like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh