Gaming New 360 dashboard available for download !

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:
but isn't that on the old dash
glare.gif
Oh, that was the dude who got banned for having Halo 3 early. So if Microsoft says they'll ban your console for having a certain item *cough*, they'll do it.

If you guys have already installed NXE, just unplug your Ethernet cord. Simple. Dunno how you're gonna get the final update on November 19, but uhh GL.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I very much doubt that anyone will be banned for installing this early IF it's been properly ripped/released/whatever.

Still, I have no need since I got legit access through major nelson's blog. The second last email I received regarding this contains this line of text:

QUOTE said:
In participation with this program, you should not move your storage device (hard drive, or memory unit if you do not have a hard drive) to any other console as it will also update that console. If an unregistered console is updated with the NXE update, that console will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE until the NXE has been officially released on November 19th.
It's a great dashboard (after you find your way through the options again!) but it is still just that. Wait until the 19th for the update because the best feature IMO is the Party system and that will do you very little good without Live access.

Oh, and Installing games really makes you realize how noisy that fucking system is. Contemplating replacing the fans in it too and putting in some quieter ones.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AshuraZro said:
I very much doubt that anyone will be banned for installing this early IF it's been properly ripped/released/whatever.

Still, I have no need since I got legit access through major nelson's blog.
When you were doing the Survey for the program, it asked you for your Console ID, did it not? And that's how it distrubuted the update to your system, through your Gamertag and Console ID. So wouldn't a Console ID without authorization to use the NXE automatically be a red flag for Microsoft? Getting banned till December 31, 9999 does not sound fun.
frown.gif
Maybe our offspring in the future will have a chance to experience NXE V.999. ;D

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MystikEkoez said:
AshuraZro said:

Still, I have no need since I got legit access through major nelson's blog.
When you were doing the Survey for the program, it asked you for your Console ID, did it not? And that's how it distrubuted the update to your system, through your Gamertag and Console ID. So wouldn't a Console ID without authorization to use the NXE automatically be a red flag for Microsoft? Getting banned till December 31, 9999 does not sound fun.
frown.gif
Maybe our offspring in the future will have a chance to experience NXE V.999. ;D
I updated my post with a tad more info. You are warned that you will have no live access until the official launch of the dashboard, but nothing more than that.
Keep in mind that people bring their hard drives to their friends and that will easily lead to an accidental install. A perma-ban would be pretty harsh, wouldn't you think?

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So....is my sound going out when I updated just a freak accident or what? Does anyone else have the "no sound" bug?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AshuraZro said:
I updated my post with a tad more info. You are warned that you will have no live access until the official launch of the dashboard, but nothing more than that.
Keep in mind that people bring their hard drives to their friends and that will easily lead to an accidental install. A perma-ban would be pretty harsh, wouldn't you think?
In that case, I would imagine that if anyone is hit with an extended ban, they could try to appeal it by calling up MS and bitching for a few minutes.

I know a friend that played FIFA '09 (E) on a NTSC console and got hit with a ban. He said he called up MS and bitched at them for about half an hour (saying he bought it overseas from the UK) and his ban was lifted about half an hour after that.

You just have to know the right way to bitch. Have a legit-sounding story and conduct conversation in a calmed yet firm manner.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
MystikEkoez said:
You're talking about the company who banned thousands of consoles permanently for signing onto XBL with Halo 3 before it's launch date.
firmware update=free
halo 3=not free
So you're saying that just cause it's free it's alright to steal?
That's like stealing a Wii just cause it was offered in a contest.

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MystikEkoez said:
da_head said:
MystikEkoez said:
You're talking about the company who banned thousands of consoles permanently for signing onto XBL with Halo 3 before it's launch date.
firmware update=free
halo 3=not free

I dont think that analogy is quite right. I think its the equivalent of being the winner of a free wii contest, and grabbing your wii before the ceremony of them giving it to you.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MystikEkoez said:
da_head said:
MystikEkoez said:
firmware update=free
halo 3=not free

QUOTE(QuantumFluxx @ Nov 1 2008, 11:25 AM)
Fact is the dashboard update is free anyway, this doesnt require any form of exploit or firmware modification to use, you're using a file provided by microsoft themselves, in a delivery system they implemented themselves.

Now if they do turn out to ban these consoles who were just too impatient to wait the 2 weeks for the official unveiling, then I suppose microsoft are going to lose a lot of live members, because this update is easy enough for joe schmoe to install, let alone the xbox fanboys who were eagerly anticipating it to begin with.

did i say it was alright? i'm just sayin that microsoft obviously is gonna be bitchy about people pirating a retail game, versus acquiring a free frimware update that doesn't exploit anything in any way. but personally i wouldn't take the risk either way

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well MajorNelson updated his twitter to say the following about an hour ago:

"A little reminder: If you get your hands on NXE and you are NOT in the Preview Program. You won't be allowed on LIVE. You have been warned."

From how its worded, he's basically just telling you that you wont be able to connect to live with it until the 19th, so know beforehand if you really want to go without online play for two weeks just to install it.

He doesnt mention bans, he doesnt say we CANT install it, he just says we wont be able to connect to Xbox Live.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JPH said:
Cool, but this is only available for PAL Xbox 360 users?
frown.gif

No i believe it works on all regions.

I have 2 questions:

Is this the final dashboard? This isn't a BETA?

When it does come to the 19th - the official release will you have to down the update again to get on live or will you just automatically be able to access live?

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well its the version that they threw out for the NXE Preview program, which according to microsoft wasnt a beta version but the final version.

As for whether it will let us update when 19th comes to get the other features, I assume it would. The firmware states that a download must be done to enable Avatars which you cant because Xbox Live is filtering any consoles not authorized to be using the NXE.

I'd say theres a 90% chance that when we hook up on the 19th it will just say that some files need to be downloaded and all will work fine.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
i would think major nelson would just come out and say if you use the new dash before you are supposed to, then you will get a perm ban. Why be so cryptic? He is being cryptic i think because he knows they wont ban you for usiing the new dash early, but at the same time he wants as many people to wait as possible. Remember they are building this new dash as the biggest "internet event" ever. So i think they want as many people as possible downloading this dash. And like some others have pointed out, this is a free update that was made by microsoft and it doesnt exploit the system in anyway, so i highly doubt you will get banned. i just may try this though for the hell of it. i have 5 360's anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram