Gaming New 360 dashboard available for download !

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I've seen this mentionned in another topic but I think it deserves its own!

You can download the new XBOX 360 Dashboard here:
http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=PXEOKD7A (works on PAL + NTSC)

Warning: if you install this now, you won't be able to use XBOX LIVE until the actual release -- november 19th.

I've already installed it!

I've installed oblivion onto my hard drive...
- loads faster
- console seems less noisy

There's also more resolutions for monitors.
And the avatar system but I'm not sure how to use it.

Overall it's pretty cool!

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome
smile.gif

Except I'm NTSC, and I use Live a lot
tongue.gif

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
already got it and its coool =D Sonic the Hedgehog is ACTUALLY playable now!! And Halo 3 is more seamless then ever! but no online....
frown.gif

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That update isnt PAL only. Its confirmed to work on both PAL and NTSC consoles, as mine is NTSC and I've updated with it fine.

Also theres no avatars until the 19th, as you need to download further updates from microsoft but you cant connect to Live until the 19th.

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unmodded? If backups work fine on unmodded,we found a easy way to rent-n-keep games. >: D
EDIT: I was looking at some sites and the avatar DATA is out there somewhere. Proof(generated from avatars.xboxlive.com)

deano546

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody customized their avatar yet?
My xbox says i need to connect to xbox live and download an update but obviously that wont work.

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This update didn't come with the avatar data needed to use the avatar system. It just put dummy data in its place until November 19.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
So, can you install xbox-1 games as well? also how do i install this, just a simple burn on cdrw like the xbox combatibilty update but this aint ant .xbe?

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.destructoid.com/-pirating-nxe-s...ve-109916.phtml

QUOTE said:
Didn't make it into Microsoft's New Xbox Experience preview program and can't seem to hold your horses until the November 19 launch? Here's a bad idea -- pirate it!

Yup, the install files for the New Xbox Experience have made their way to the Internet, and it certainly works to update your console. But as Platform Nation (who went ahead updated their system with these files) puts it, "You can not connect online with it till November 19th." Well, here's a little surprise: you might not be able to connect again. Ever. Period.

Earlier today, press participating in the New Xbox Experience program (myself included) were warned to not switch the hard drives from our updated consoles to another unit. Microsoft later clarified to us by saying, "This is a security measure and if you do switch hard drives from a console with NXE preview access to one without it you could be placed on the ban list for unauthorized usage."

So while it might be tempting, just hold your horses; it's not worth it. You do want to playing Gears of War 2 online next week, right? To hold you over, check out our early impressions from our experience with NXE.

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly I can't see them banning consoles who got it early. They might have just stated that to discourage people from trying to install it themselves and possibly bricking their units.

Fact is the dashboard update is free anyway, this doesnt require any form of exploit or firmware modification to use, you're using a file provided by microsoft themselves, in a delivery system they implemented themselves.

Now if they do turn out to ban these consoles who were just too impatient to wait the 2 weeks for the official unveiling, then I suppose microsoft are going to lose a lot of live members, because this update is easy enough for joe schmoe to install, let alone the xbox fanboys who were eagerly anticipating it to begin with.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QuantumFluxx said:
Honestly I can't see them banning consoles who got it early. They might have just stated that to discourage people from trying to install it themselves and possibly bricking their units.

Fact is the dashboard update is free anyway, this doesnt require any form of exploit or firmware modification to use, you're using a file provided by microsoft themselves, in a delivery system they implemented themselves.

Now if they do turn out to ban these consoles who were just too impatient to wait the 2 weeks for the official unveiling, then I suppose microsoft are going to lose a lot of live members, because this update is easy enough for joe schmoe to install, let alone the xbox fanboys who were eagerly anticipating it to begin with.
You're talking about the company who banned thousands of consoles permanently for signing onto XBL with Halo 3 before it's launch date.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft released statement saying they will NOT ban anyone who installs this early. Just don't go complaining to them when you can't connect to Live or if you brick your system lol.

Also MystikEkoez, I played Halo 3 about 4 or 5 days before release and I didn't get banned. Playing Gears 2 now and I won't get banned for it either lol. STOP WORRYING ABOUT BANS!!!!
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: