Hacking Homebrew Oldies Others New d2x version available, d2x-v11-beta1!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The Wii and vWii scene is live!

Two weeks ago, the good buddy blackb0x published a new version of the d2x cIOS, d2x-v11-beta1, available on the github https://github.com/wiidev/d2x-cios/tags

The changelog states:
  • Fixed RiiConnect24 compatibility by removing the SDHC module and adding the SDHC functions directly to the cIOS lib.
  • Added EmuNAND UStealth support thanks to airline38.
Some users from the community has installed latest version and report no problems so far.

The release is also available on daveboal github (https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/tags) and can be used to download via ModMii, for ModMii installations we have the instructions:
  • On ModMii's Main Menu, go to option "4", then "beta".
  • Select the d2x beta version you want to install.
  • Mark some or all d2x cIOSs for download (i.e. "d2x")
  • Press "D" and then "Y" to get d2x beta cIOSs\WADs
  • Using the WAS Manager you preffer, Install cIOSs.

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
ModMii instruction is incomplete, too general and more embarrassing than helpful. It would be a good idea to rewrite it. I know that it's from the project site.

Reactions: SMNFXCN

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
(ModMii v6.6.3 case):
--- here begin incomplete part ---
step 0.1: download d2x-v11-beta1.7z
step 0.2: extract archive to '<ModMii folder>\Support\More-cIOSs' folder
--- here begin generic part ---
On ModMii's (v6.6.3 case) Main Menu, go to option "4", then "beta".
Select the d2x beta version you want to install.
-> here will be something like: Press 1 (for d2x-v11-beta1 (Local))
Mark some or all d2x cIOSs for download (i.e. "d2x")
-> here will be something like (Wii case): Type 24956 and Enter, 25057 and Enter, 25138 and Enter
Press "D" and then "Y" to get d2x beta cIOSs\WADs
--- here begin embarrassing part ---
(see attached image result.png) + and empty '<ModMii folder>\COPY_TO_SD\WAD'

Of course, maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I'm doing it according to the instruction.

Edit: step 0.3: copy ciosmaps.xml from '<ModMii folder>\Support\More-cIOSs' to '<ModMii folder>\Support\More-cIOSs\d2x-v11-beta1'
now everything is more or less green (see attached image editresult.png) and '<ModMii folder>\COPY_TO_SD\WAD' is populated

Edit: changed (fixed) the link.

Attachments

• result.png
    result.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 147
  • editresult.png
    editresult.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by r1vver,
Reactions: impeeza

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it based on v10 beta52 or beta53? That is, does it have support for both USB ports?
Edit: Also, wow, first release in over 10 years. No major changes, but still, didn't expect that.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I don't think so, is not an "ALT" version.

https://github.com/wiidev/d2x-cios/wiki/How-to-choose-the-d2x-distribution-fitting-your-needs:

cIOS branches​

BranchProsCons
d2x- Higher compatibility for nand emulation.- 1 usb port supported.
- Non plug&play usb devices, meaning that you MUST connect them before starting the game/usbloader.
d2x-alt- 2 usb ports supported.
- Fully plug&play usb devices, meaning that you can connect them when the game asks for them.
- Lower compatibility for nand emulation.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc, the Ustealth, fat library is from libfat, which the alt doesn't seem to use, at least it doesn't have a FAT library file.

Oo_Ice_Deep_oO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am excited about d2x11, but I also wanted to let you all know that I am one of the people who uses the alt. I love Rock Band and Singing Games, so plugging in mics and instruments makes the second port necessary.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am excited about d2x11, but I also wanted to let you all know that I am one of the people who uses the alt. I love Rock Band and Singing Games, so plugging in mics and instruments makes the second port necessary.
Some time ago I ask to @blackb0x about which version is based on the new v11 (r52 or r53?) and if will be an alt branch? the answer was:

It's based on r52 since that's known to be good. When I last tried r53 compatibility was worse and EmuNAND support was very broken.
Post automatically merged:

You can install on you 249 Slot the most compatible cIOS like d2x V11 base 57, and then on 250 the alt you like on the base you need for that games; the sing games are better compatible with base 56, then on your loader config the games which explicit need that alt version as the loading cIOS.

As far I know the game USB compatibility and hot plug and play is given by the base IOS no so much for the cIOS, but I can be wrong.

Last edited by impeeza,

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It would be nice if Skyward Sword's nand emulation could work eventually.
yes, alongside Kirby games and improve channel emulation. There are still games that dont work on emunand such as Paper Mario. Others are a bit weird like KOF 98 which on the first time works but after a while it corrupts itself and stop working.
Many people dont care about emunand but I think on Wii is incredibly useful because of memory constraints. Sneek exists but I think it is a bit cumbersome to set up and especially to give for a person that is not that well versed in tech. My boyfriend has a lot of wii content legitimately purchased at the time and it is very annoying to cycle through and having to constantly micromanage data if he wants to play a Virtual Console game or his DJ hero DLC for example. Some stuff I left on emunand for easier access but some stuff still has to rely on the god awful Wii system memory. On mine I cycle through emunand and sneek because I know already where everything are (example, I play Skyward Sword inside sneek, but DJ hero I play fine inside emunand. I dont ever use the internal memory because I think it is easier to backup and I dont want to use the internal NAND, it is way easier to replace a SD Card if it gets faulty than the NAND which is encrypted).

Oo_Ice_Deep_oO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play Skyward Sword inside sneek, but DJ hero I play fine inside emunand.
I thought sneek was a type of emunand... is that not true?

Also, I have tried hard to get all the Just Dance and Rock Band DLC to install on my emunand, but failed miserably, so maybe this is an open issue also.

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought sneek was a type of emunand... is that not true?
Yes and no. It is a "alternate" way of having a emulated NAND. Emunand has direct support into the loader, sneek tries to emulate the entire Wii environment. Emunand is easier to set up (just dump your NAND on the loader, activate the feature and done) and it is not restrained to certain "modes" but it has worse compatibility. Sneek has better compatibility but it is quite annoying to set up and it works in certain modes (ex. one mode allows the disc drive usage but not loading games outside of it, other mode you can load extracted games but the disc drive is disabled, other mode you can load stuff on the USB drive but not on SD Card...). To make matters worse, you can't switch freely through these modes.

Also, I have tried hard to get all the Just Dance and Rock Band DLC to install on my emunand, but failed miserably, so maybe this is an open issue also.
For me it works well, only JD2016 forward dont work with emunand, my issue is that newer USBGX versions still have the same issue I have that the emunand doesnt load if you are using the disc and not installed the game (as soon as I install the game on disc on the usb drive emunand magically loads fine with the exact same settings). I know that loading on USB is better but some games I have and want to run through the disc because my drive is full, I loved USBGX for its ability to completely unite all Wii functions to one place instead of cycling through channels. The last version that this feature wasnt broken was 1247, it runs emunand through installed and disc games with no issues.

Last edited by Sonic3320,

Oo_Ice_Deep_oO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All, Is there anyway we can get an installer that will install d2x 11 and both d2x 10s. The only loader I could find that works is one that has d2x 11 and some of the older ones, but not the d2x 10s.

I have had some problems, but I cannot easily test if it is 11 or something else, because I cannot switch between them easily.

Beyond that for games involving the second USB port, I still want to use d2x 10 53 alt beta. Just to reiterate, these games are Rock Band, Guitar Hero, All karaoke games, any game using the wii keyboard and finally wii speak (I think). I realize some of these can work with d2x 10 52 and d2x 11, as long as peripherals are in place before starting the game.

The main tests I want to do right now... The WiiWare games Heavy Fire: Special Operations and one of the Carmen Sandiego games are failing on SNEEK (really UNEEK since it is on the USB built my ModMii). They launch partially then fail. I tried launching both under d2x11 base 57 and d2x11 base 56 and they fail under both. To tell if it is my system I want to try them under the d2x10's with the same bases.

So, any chance I could get an installer that would install all three to narrow down if it is d2x11 or it is my setup?

I know I can do some of this under ModMii, but having the installer doing it, where I do not have to go back to the computer every time would be helpful.

Also in case this question arises, here is how the NAND is setup:
1) Extracted from Wii with bootmii
2) Extracted to file system by ShowMiiWads
3) Games were installed with ShowMiiWads
4) Wiiflow is set to use the real system config, not the one in the extracted NAND.

Thanks

impeeza

¡Kabito!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You can install any cIOS on any slot, so you can install v11 on slot 249 and any other cIOS like r53 on slot 250 then instruct your game loader to use the slot 250 on the game you need to use plug and play for both usb ports.

You don't need install all cIOS only the ones you really need.

most of the today's homebrew will use the cIOS on slot 249 (or IOS 58 and patch it on fly) the other slots have to be manually configured on the loaders to be used. and as only a little set of games need specific IOS base and cIOS version you can install that combinations on other slot and again, tell the game loader to use that specific slot for a specific game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol