Hacking Homebrew Oldies Others New d2x version available, d2x-v11-beta1!

Oo_Ice_Deep_oO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install any cIOS on any slot, so you can install v11 on slot 249 and any other cIOS like r53 on slot 250 then instruct your game loader to use the slot 250 on the game you need to use plug and play for both usb ports.
Hi Impeeza,

Thanks for the response. I was already aware of everything you said. My problem is the actual installation of the cios right now. Not selecting the cios in wiiflow.

What I was hoping for is a copy of the homebrew app, like the one you posted on https://gbatemp.net/download/cios-d2x-v11-beta1-for-wii-final-release-installer-app.37838/
that would install d2x-v11 and also have the ability to install either of the d2x-v10s.

In using the app you posted it will only install v11 or pre-v10 cios' not v10.

I want this for testing purposes and that I find it easier to use the intaller than ModMii.

As far as my problem launching "Heavy Fire" and "Carmen Sandiego", it is something about my configuration not the d2x-v11. In WiiFlow if I go into those individual games and tell wiiflow to launch them with neek2o then they work. I am not sure why with other wiiware games I do not have to do the same thing.

For testing I was aiming for:
249 d2x-v11 base 57 <-- highest compatibility, good nand emulation, slightly slower usb, latest version
250 d2x-v11 base 56 <-- slightly less compatibility, good nand emulation, slightly faster usb, latest version
251 d2x-v10-beta53-alt base 57 <-- To use with music games
252 d2x-v10-beta53-alt base 37 <-- To use with music games
248 d2x-v10-52 base 56 <-- To test if something weird happens with v11

Last edited by Oo_Ice_Deep_oO,
Reactions: d_bizzzz

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's hoping that it adds support for redirecting Gamecube controls to the Gamecube Controller adapter, which would be great for us Wii U owners.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi Impeeza,

Thanks for the response. I was already aware of everything you said. My problem is the actual installation of the cios right now. Not selecting the cios in wiiflow.

For testing I was aiming for:
249 d2x-v11 base 57 <-- highest compatibility, good nand emulation, slightly slower usb, latest version
250 d2x-v11 base 56 <-- slightly less compatibility, good nand emulation, slightly faster usb, latest version
251 d2x-v10-beta53-alt base 57 <-- To use with music games
252 d2x-v10-beta53-alt base 37 <-- To use with music games
248 d2x-v10-52 base 56 <-- To test if something weird happens with v11

Cool, Sorry for been misunderstanding you.

The cIOS-Installer allows you to install any cIOS you like/need, but is tricky to get it working the way you like.

The cIOS-installer uses a XML file (ciosmaps.xml) to know what cIOS and how to install it, the XML file also point to a specific folder where the binaries are.

By example:
1677853580050.png

And the folder have:
1677853648397.png

(A space on the ciosgroup name property indicate a subfolder)

So you can combine on a SD:\apps\d2x-cios-installer folder several d2X versions, you need to copy the binaries on different folders, then you need to combine the ciosmaps.xmls of them on one.

By example, I started with the latest cIOS-Installer which can be downloaded from the site https://wii.guide/cios.html (using the URL: https://hbb1.oscwii.org/hbb/d2x-cios-installer/d2x-cios-installer.zip) which already have v10 beta 52 and beta 53 on his ciosmaps.xml:
1677854437974.png

Please note the ciosgroupscount = "2", and the name of each ciosgroup with spaces so the tree of the zip file is:
1677854611997.png

Extract "d2x-cios-installer.zip" to a working folder, then, for adding the v11 version we can download latest version from: https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/releases/tag/d2x-v11-beta1
and extract the 7z file, then copy the "d2x-v11-beta1" to the "d2x-cios-installer" working folder

1677854887739.png

Now we need to merge the booth ciosmaps.xml, starting with the one on the ciosinstaller, we need to copy the content of the other on the "d2x-v11-beta1" folder, you only need the data between "<ciosgroup..." and "</ciosgroup>" tags, and copy that information to the end of ciosmaps.xml of the installer folder, and remember to change "ciosgroupscount" to 3 you should end with something like:
1677855113238.png

(On this examples the dots are replacing several lines of code omitted on the picture for clarity.)

now you have a "apps\d2x-cios-installer" folder which copied to your Wii can install any d2x v10 or v11 with any base IOS.

Reactions: SMNFXCN and xaxa

Oo_Ice_Deep_oO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that is very very helpful. I should have dug harder. I assumed there were compiled pieces I could not get to. If it is all configuration files... and places files I can do that. THANKS!!!

• Love

d_bizzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am excited about d2x11, but I also wanted to let you all know that I am one of the people who uses the alt. I love Rock Band and Singing Games, so plugging in mics and instruments makes the second port necessary.
I don't use the ALT version and I'm sure last time I played Rockband I just used a 4 port multi-usb device which worked well

Ghost64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
satellazone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Is there a “alt” version of this? iirc I heard that the alt version of d2x cios has usb support. I’m asking as USB Loader GX doesn’t want to load my usb drive on vWii and I don’t wanna get a Y Splitter Cable just to load my games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER