New Full-scale FINAL FANTASY game specifically designed for mobile devices coming to the West

Players Can Embark on a New Adventure with FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS this Summer.
Square Enix today announced that FINAL FANTASY: BRAVE EXVIUS, a brand-new FINAL FANTASY experience, will launch in Europe and PAL territories, for free, on iOS and Android devices this summer. Having already drawn in five million players in Japan, FINAL FANTASY: BRAVE EXVIUS is an entirely new role-playing adventure for the mobile generation. The title brings classic FINAL FANTASY lore with legendary heroes from the series.

Adventurers will follow two knights of the kingdom of Grandshelt, and a young girl who suddenly appears before them, as they begin their quest to pursue a highly sought after crystal. Players will make their way through various types of dungeons to search for items, collect gil, uncover hidden paths, and venture new routes.

The title features:
· Traditional, turn-based gameplay with streamlined battle mechanics and intuitive touch controls, making it easy to pick up and play for newcomers as well as long-time fans
· Players will be able to move their characters through fields and dungeons to search for items, hidden paths, and new routes.
· High-quality CG animations of FINAL FANTASY summons
· Appearances from new and characters from past titles like the Warrior of Light, Cecil, Vivi, and Terra
· A complete RPG experience in an easy, portable format for mobile phones

Starting today, players can pre-register online at finalfantasyexvius.com to receive special in-game items at launch. This title is being developed as a collaboration between SQUARE ENIX® and gumi Inc. (developer of the hit title Brave Frontier). The game will launch in six languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese (traditional), and Korean.​

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To go further I forget which video it was (somewhere in http://www.youtube.com/user/elithecomputerguy ) but he was saying about a company he dealt with for a few things. Apparently they made, self admittedly, pretty lame educational applications for the barnes and noble ereader thing. However as they were basically one of the only games in town there then they were pulling down decent money from the people that made the wrong choice for their kids. Or if you prefer see why people think Xenoblade is a good game. There were bugger all alternatives, however you sit there with a decently stocked PS360 and PC library and the only reason to be playing xenoblade is to see what others were raving about, playing it ironically or you had played everything else.
If you can make billions without worrying your ethics then you would be a fool not to do that, however if you see a hole in the market and you reckon you can do it justice then even better. Whether there is the market there, I imagine there is still desire as all the people that enjoyed the SNES, GBA and DS are not dead yet, we could contemplate but I certainly can not dismiss it out of hand. Possibly also even if the market has spoken and the price point is $5 (so less 30% to give 4.70) then 10x 10000 is the same as 5 x 20000 -- who cares if your unit profits are less if you sell twice as much.
We saw something similar with COD, GTA and MMOs -- what possibly makes you think you can compete when their office furnishings upkeep budget is probably bigger than your dev team's one, yet devs that can clearly put something together kept try. I would also wonder if the dating website problem comes into play for some of these clash crush birds games -- they are trivial to make, and probably even make superior versions thereof, but without the advertising budget to buy your way in then you are going nowhere fast.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This looks like it could be good. Mobile has been getting a lot of love from Square Enix lately, putting out many of their best RPG games on Android/iOS, which I love. They also tend to control relatively well using touch.

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The point is not that the games can't be made.

It's something more on the lines of "why make the investment when I can earn more with less effort?".

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there $30-$40 games on the phone market? Seems any high budget games are discounted ports and any original games are very low budget.

I rather the handheld market converge into the "Xperia Play" market than disappear altogether.

Reactions: phalk

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Most Final Fantasy games can be played with two buttons, so the game should work fine on smartphones.

It will never replace handheld because the games will never work like they do in handhelds. It's has a different approach, different design and more importantly: The target audience is NOT the same.
People who like handhelds, in general, do not like what mobile games have to offer and people who like mobile gaming have no interest whatsoever in handheld devices and it's games.
So the strategy should be to target a different audience. People who prefer handhelds do so because mobile games are mostly pick-up-and-play little trinkets such as Candy Crush, but they all own mobile phones and if a studio made a "real" game for their phone they would play it. Build it and they will come.

I'm with Foxi on this one. Smartphones are the next gaming platform. They are ubiquitous, everyone already has one; apart from the (lack of) controls they have hardware on par with gaming handhelds, and the (almost) universal OS means you can launch your software on hundreds of millions of devices. PC gaming owes its success and popularity not to its vastly superior hardware (suck it, peasants ;O; ) but the "I already have it for other reasons, might as well play on it as well" factor, and smartphones are headed that way too. Everyone has one, all they need are the right games.

And a controller, capacitive touchscreens are a fucking nightmare ;O;

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be on consoles...not stupid mobile. I'll probably play it on my bluestacks pc i made into a console. I wonder if its touch only? Well bluestacks can do touch remapping.... def aint buying it. If its released in cart form on 3ds then maybe. other then that, let the torrents roll...

Last edited by Captain_N,

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be on consoles...not stupid mobile. I'll probably play it on my bluestacks pc i made into a console. I wonder if its touch only? Well bluestacks can do touch remapping.... def aint buying it. If its released in cart form on 3ds then maybe. other then that, let the torrents roll...

"Touch only" works with a mouse on Android, as well...provided you don't need to use any multi-touch functions. Since this is supposed to be a "classic", turn-based title, I'd imagine you can play it through BlueStacks just fine using a mouse.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Most Final Fantasy games can be played with two buttons, so the game should work fine on smartphones.

So the strategy should be to target a different audience. People who prefer handhelds do so because mobile games are mostly pick-up-and-play little trinkets such as Candy Crush, but they all own mobile phones and if a studio made a "real" game for their phone they would play it. Build it and they will come.

I'm with Foxi on this one. Smartphones are the next gaming platform. They are ubiquitous, everyone already has one; apart from the (lack of) controls they have hardware on par with gaming handhelds, and the (almost) universal OS means you can launch your software on hundreds of millions of devices. PC gaming owes its success and popularity not to its vastly superior hardware (suck it, peasants ;O; ) but the "I already have it for other reasons, might as well play on it as well" factor, and smartphones are headed that way too. Everyone has one, all they need are the right games.

And a controller, capacitive touchscreens are a fucking nightmare ;O;
We should probably start the countdown to a Nintendo phone - there have been murmurs about it ever since the GBA days. They actually partnered up with Nokia back in the day, but were unhappy with the prototype (hence the N-Gage), so the will is there, now they just need a design, and a push towards mobile gaming has never been stronger than it is now. They're already experimenting with mobile games, one would have to be blind not to see that they're testing the waters before something bigger. I wouldn't be surprised if their next handheld, or the one that comes after it, was some kind of comissioned or joint venture with one of the greats in the industry, like Samsung. It only makes sense, and it'd make multiplayer all the more portable. Imagine logging on via LTE rather than hunting for a WiFi hotspot on the go, it'd be a perfect solution.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We should probably start the countdown to a Nintendo phone - there have been murmurs about it ever since the GBA days. They actually partnered up with Nokia back in the day, but were unhappy with the prototype (hence the N-Gage), so the will is there, now they just need a design, and a push towards mobile gaming has never been stronger than it is now. They're already experimenting with mobile games, one would have to be blind not to see that they're testing the waters before something bigger. I wouldn't be surprised if their next handheld, or the one that comes after it, was some kind of comissioned or joint venture with one of the greats in the industry, like Samsung. It only makes sense, and it'd make multiplayer all the more portable. Imagine logging on via LTE rather than hunting for a WiFi hotspot on the go, it'd be a perfect solution.

Nintendo: And now... we introduce the Nintendo NXP!!! The 'P' stands for 'phone' and 'portable' at the same time!!!

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else playing this? I'm loving the game so far. Also has cool events from time to time, like this weekends Cactuar Dunes Vortex missions.
I just found an English version today. I am playing it and I am loving it so far. it reminds me of DQM SL expecially with the metal cactus ( same as metal slimes just gives units BIG exp gain) land of plenty comes next on Monday 30th we are able to get plenty of material for crafting :)

alot like bravely default too with having players "awaken" when they reach Max level. evolve into a different form.

Last edited by [^Blark^],
Reactions: Aeter

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
What is it called? I am only seeing actually final fantasy games lol
A New Tale of Crystals Begins as FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS is Available Today
LONDON (30th June 2016)FINAL FANTASY® BRAVE EXVIUS®, the entirely new FINAL FANTASY adventure for mobile devices, is now available in the Europe and worldwide. Available to download for free now on iOS and Android devices, FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fuses the epic features of all FINAL FANTASY titles, including captivating story, strategic turn-based gameplay and the legendary conflict between heroes and foes with modern streamlined battle mechanics and intuitive touch controls. Appealing for both newcomers and long-time fans alike, the game has already found resounding success in Japan, with more than 6.5 million players.

Key features include;
· New items and daily quests
· High-definition graphic support for tablet devices
· Achievements and Leaderboards
· Game balance refinements based on the Japanese version
· Facebook Login Integration
· Two types of bundles for purchase:
o “Early Bird Bundle” will be available at for beginners who wish to grow their characters at a faster pace
o Other bundles available regularly for purchase for players to obtain characters and items quicker

Adventurers begin their quest for a highly-coveted crystal, shortly after meeting two knights from Grandshelt, and a young girl. With special appearances from classic FINAL FANTASY characters such as Cecil, Vivi and Terra, players adventure through fields and dungeons discovering items, collecting gil, uncovering hidden paths, and unlocking high-quality CG-animated summons.

To watch the launch trailer now, visit:

@KingVamp not that I know of.

...and I can't connect lol

Reactions: BurningDesire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow