New PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium games announced for July

bfc14e3d3339c74081d0e1ec420e034e14710fa5.jpg

Sony has announced a collection of new games coming to the PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium tiers, their new competitor for Game Pass. Among the most notable are Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade for the PlayStation 5, Final Fantasy VII Remake for the PS4, Marvel's Avengers for the PS4 and PS5, and Stray for the PS4 and PS5, which will be launching on the service. There's also a slew of Assassin's Creed games coming to the service: Unity, Black Flag, Rogue Remastered, Freedom Cry and The Ezio Collection. There are also two classic PSP games that will be playable; No Heroes Allowed! and LocoRoco Midnight Carnival.

The following games will all be available on July 19:
  • Assassin’s Creed Unity | PS4
  • Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag | PS4
  • Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered | PS4
  • Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry | PS4
  • Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection | PS4
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake | PS4
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade | PS5
  • Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure | PS4
  • Jumanji The Video Game | PS4
  • LocoRoco Midnight Carnival (PSP Classic) | PS4, PS5
  • Marvel's Avengers | PS4, PS5
  • No Heroes Allowed! (PSP Classic) | PS4, PS5
  • Paw Patrol on a Roll! | PS4
  • ReadySet Heroes | PS4
  • Saints Row IV: Re-Elected | PS4
  • Saints Row Gat out of Hell | PS4
  • Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition | PS5
  • Stray | PS4, PS5
:arrow: Source

keglevich

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I'm wondering why some games have PS4, some PS4 | PS5, and some only PS5. I understand the PS5 only games are surely playable on PS5 only, and I guess the PS4 | PS5 games are playable on both consoles if I'm not mistaken.

But what about the games with "PS4" tag only? Can these games as well be played on PS5 systems? For instance, if you have Ps5 digital console, can you download and play "Assassin’s Creed Unity | PS4"?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering why some games have PS4, some PS4 | PS5, and some only PS5. I understand the PS5 only games are surely playable on PS5 only, and I guess the PS4 | PS5 games are playable on both consoles if I'm not mistaken.

But what about the games with "PS4" tag only? Can these games as well be played on PS5 systems? For instance, if you have Ps5 digital console, can you download and play "Assassin’s Creed Unity | PS4"?
The entire library of games consist of ps4 titles. If they have a ps5 option that just means it will have an enhanced version of the said game for you to play on ps5. Yes you can play ps4 games on a ps5.

Reactions: keglevich

krakenx

Trophies
XP
Country

PS4/PS5 games play on PS5 with enhancements, while PS4 games play on PS5 without enhancements. PS5 games are PS5 only.

Reactions: keglevich

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
me: fuck you sony i get my gammes for free without your shitty (((and underwelming) gamepass clone greedy bastards
PSPlus Premium costs $119.99 a year and you could argue that most users would be just fine with PSPlus Extra at $99.99 a year (all you’re missing is streaming and PS Classics). An AAA PS4/5 release costs anywhere between $49.99-$69.99 a pop. I’m *pretty sure* most users are getting their money’s worth. I don’t see how it’s “underwhelming” - it features most of Sony’s key titles (Demon’s Souls, Death Stranding: Director’s Cut, Returnal, Spider-Man & Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut, FFVIII Remastered and more) and works out way cheaper than buying them all separately. Anything on top of the best-sellers is bonus nachos as far as I’m concerned. Even if you go for the Essentials tier at $59.99 you’re getting Instant Game Collection *and* PlayStation Collection (if you own a PS5), that’s 20 games straight out of the gate plus 3 games monthly, so 56 games over the course of the year.

Tatsuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony: "We won't have day 1 exclusives like gamepass"
That's right. Stray isn't an exclusive, as it will be published on Windows too.
Don't expect games like God of War to be playabale with the Extra or Premium tiers at launch, albeit you'll probably be able to play a 2-hours-demo with the Premium tier. That's the point. Microsoft in some cases has promised day-one launch of their exclusives on GamePass, like with the Fable reboot.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These tiers still have me confused.

So, Basic PS+ you "keep" the games, but Extra/Premium/Deluxe they're available as a service like GamePass does? I think that's it.

Stray is definitely a game to look forward to.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4/PS5 games play on PS5 with enhancements, while PS4 games play on PS5 without enhancements. PS5 games are PS5 only.
I own black flag and when I tried it on PS5 it was far worst then on a PS4. If they had changed nothing I won't be surprise that it still totally sucks.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own black flag and when I tried it on PS5 it was far worst then on a PS4. If they had changed nothing I won't be surprise that it still totally sucks.
I loved thar game, it's what a pirate's adventure should be like, but what the heck did it habd to do with Assassin's Creed? Exactly.

I played it years ago on the Wii U and didn't notice any bugs.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved thar game, it's what a pirate's adventure should be like, but what the heck did it habd to do with Assassin's Creed? Exactly.

I played it years ago on the Wii U and didn't notice any bugs.
Play it on PS5 to find your fond memory gone. Jerky like it was a broken PS4

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so now that the new games is available (my region), i'd like to ask, how long the games will stay playable until they're pulled out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Howdy
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Have you played GTA V yet, on your PS3? I remember you saying you've never played it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half passed tempted to try retroarch on webos imagine ps2 emulation just on TV lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was already included in my PS3 and I did play it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    GtaV will eliminate at least ten wuts from his questioning
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, though only sometimes when some people arent home
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honey he's playing gta again
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    WUT! Get my belt.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, but atleast i have the amazing spiderman and red dead redemption 1 too, they are more family friendly compared to GTA (i think)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it's modded you always have everything
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My pc already has every ps3 game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it only has like 26 GB avaliable right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    GTAV is fine beating up hookers is OK, they don't mind!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, uhhhhhhhhh how do I tell you i entered their club once?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just don't pick them up, and drive to a hidden location.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you do run them over and get your money back
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    @BigOnYa a strip club
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The strip club you shoot up the hookers you pick up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You actually get to own that strip club, later in the game.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After you shoot it up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still pissed I had to pay for that game again, (3rd time) just to get the next gen(4k) update. It should be free. Typical Rockstar move tho.
    +1
    I live like walking distance to a strip club lol
    I should check it out some day
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I should check it out some day +1