New Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Trailer Revealed

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
BrightNeko said:
I've thought about doing it for level 5 before but I think I'll just wait till I can get it used. That way neither party makes money off it, one suffers, another gets what it deserves u.u
Meh, I'm still pretty surprised that people are mad about a game that they were supposed to be making, anyway.

I dunno, it just seems...hypocritical. Though it's Capcom's fault too. I hear Kojima was having fun with it.
This is why people hate capcom. Not just because of MML3
2lnbgir.jpg

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
ron975 said:
Most Formidable Lord said:
machomuu said:
Ace Attorney really isn't random. In fact, I'd say it's on par with Professor Layton in that department.
Yeah, it is. At times, you don't know what the hell you're supposed to present or examine. And when you do find out, it makes absolutely no sense. I like both series but I would have to say that Prof. Layton is a bit better.

And if this comes out in NA, I'll be the first one in line to get it. I love Level 5 and the Prof. Layton series.

Wright is awesome, how can you say Prof. Layton makes more sense than Ace Attorney?

Since when does everyone have a puzzle on top of their mind just for Layton to solve?

Ace Attorney makes way more sense than Prof. Layton, not to say Prof. Layton is a bad game, it's an awesome game.
Sense doesn't mean realism.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Ikki said:
BrightNeko said:
I've thought about doing it for level 5 before but I think I'll just wait till I can get it used. That way neither party makes money off it, one suffers, another gets what it deserves u.u
You think it's gonna change anything?
It's like you're a kid throwing a pebble at a plastic window. Except worse for you since you're both not doing crap to Capcom nor enjoying the game yourself.
Plus Shu Takumi, the creator of Ace Attorney, isn't getting any money and he had nothing to do with MML3.

still from capcom :T an yes alone I do nothing but I'm not the only one u.u

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ron975 said:
Wright is awesome, how can you say Prof. Layton makes more sense than Ace Attorney?

Since when does everyone have a puzzle on top of their mind just for Layton to solve?

Ace Attorney makes way more sense than Prof. Layton, not to say Prof. Layton is a bad game, it's an awesome game.

We're talking about the solving of the cases, you know, in the court room. Some of the evidence you have to give, you would never guess it. Or in some cases, it's not even the right spot to use the most logical evidence. PW2 was a prime example of this. The ending with that murderer (which was awesome btw) was way too frickin hard because it was random on what you were supposed to present. The game didn't make it clear at all.

QUOTEThis is why people hate capcom. Not just because of MML3

Just post the link, I can't read that shit even when opened in a new tab.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L-Lawliet said:
machomuu said:
BrightNeko said:
Meh, I'm still pretty surprised that people are mad about a game that they were supposed to be making, anyway.

I dunno, it just seems...hypocritical. Though it's Capcom's fault too. I hear Kojima was having fun with it.
This is why people hate capcom. Not just because of MML3
-snip-

Can't really read that.
frown.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrightNeko said:
machomuu said:
Ikki said:
BrightNeko said:
It's like you're a kid throwing a pebble at a plastic window. Except worse for you since you're both not doing crap to Capcom nor enjoying the game yourself.
Plus Shu Takumi, the creator of Ace Attorney, isn't getting any money and he had nothing to do with MML3.

That the thing, I know there are a bunch of other reasons people hate Capcom, but MML3 is a big one, and I think that game is a really shallow reason mainly because they stated it to be a fan game and yet when they didn't get the response they needed to know the game would be profitable they stopped and people bawwed. You can't run a company by losing money.

Also, what you said about him still being from Capcom...I can't even respond to that. That type of comment pisses me off to a level I just can't explain.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
BrightNeko said:
machomuu said:
Ikki said:
BrightNeko said:

That the thing, I know there are a bunch of other reasons people hate Capcom, but MML3 is a big one, and I think that game is a really shallow reason mainly because they stated it to be a fan game and yet when they didn't get the response they needed to know the game would be profitable they stopped and people bawwed. You can't run a company by losing money.

Also, what you said about him still being from Capcom...I can't even respond to that. That type of comment pisses me off to a level I just can't explain.

Hon they didn't allow for a response, they didn't even release the game they were going to judge sales by. You know the thing they promised to fans to see if there was enough interest? the prototype version they lied to the fans about releasing. An the from capcom was the game not that person, I don't dislike any particular person from capcom or want to ignore their work =D

-edit-
Also if you mean the dev room in general capcom themselves said fans could just sit back and watch the game take form. Only after canceling the game that they wanted large amounts of fan input
frown.gif

-edit edit-
This isn't the place for this. At least with all the quoting.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrightNeko said:
Hon they didn't allow for a response, they didn't even release the game they were going to judge sales by. You know the thing they promised to fans to see if there was enough interest? the prototype version they lied to the fans about releasing. An the from capcom was the game not that person, I don't dislike any particular person from capcom or want to ignore their work =D
Yes, I have already stated that it was partially Capcom's fault. However, thinking about it further, Capcom actually simply decided to release the prototype based on fan response, and them when they didn't get that many (which I find rather humorous because if the people who are boycotting this had actually attended the Facebook event the game likely would have been approved and created). So it's really a result of lack of motivation and fan response, I say both the fans and the company are in the wrong.

And maybe this isn't the place for this, but I see nothing wrong with a small detour.
QUOTE(PeregrinFig @ Sep 20 2011, 05:23 PM) Phoenix looks terrible in 3D.
Does he? I don't think he looks that bad.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Yes, I have already stated that it was partially Capcom's fault. However, thinking about it further, Capcom actually simply decided to release the prototype based on fan response, and them when they didn't get that many (which I find rather humorous because if the people who are boycotting this had actually attended the Facebook event the game likely would have been approved and created). So it's really a result of lack of motivation and fan response, I say both the fans and the company are in the wrong.

And maybe this isn't the place for this, but I see nothing wrong with a small detour.
PeregrinFig said:
Phoenix looks terrible in 3D.

No the prototype was to gauge the fan's response and that would have green lit the actual MML3. The Facebook thing only came after it was canceled unless you're talking about something else. If you mean the devroom again it was something capcom themselves said fans did not have to take part in, and could simply watch.

Also I second phoenix looks OK in 3D nothing bad

mad_gamer_jad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's really nothing wrong with not liking AA,but still liking layton(or vice-versa)since the games aren't really similar
I'd also like to add that the music in this trailer is pretty awesome and fitting

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
BrightNeko said:
machomuu said:
Ikki said:
BrightNeko said:

Yeah, it's you and the other 10 guys.
Seriously, you're not gonna make a difference. I'm getting the game as will at least 80% of the fans of either or both franchises.
You think not buying Capcom games is going to make them release Legends 3? Because it isn't. If anything, and if it was a considerable number of people who would get butthurt about it, it would make them focus on their bigger franchises like Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, possibly if you're lucky, the closest you'd get would be side scrolling MegaMan games, but probably not, because that doesn't sell as well as it used to anymore.

But do as you wish, it only affects you after all.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrightNeko said:
machomuu said:

PeregrinFig said:
Phoenix looks terrible in 3D.

No the prototype was to gauge the fan's response and that would have green lit the actual MML3. The Facebook thing only came after it was canceled unless you're talking about something else. If you mean the devroom again it was something capcom themselves said fans did not have to take part in, and could simply watch.

Also I second phoenix looks OK in 3D nothing bad
Actually from what I gathered it was an unsaid tactic. They wanted to gauge the popularity and fan reception of the game and the prototype, and because there was not too much reception to either at the time, they cut it, they just believed there was no reason to release a prototype for a game with such small reception. And also you didn't have to take part, but you at least had to join the Dev Room, they said so themselves AFAIK.

Also, I'm really wondering exactly what Capcom's involvement with this game is. I will be the world's happiest man if Noriyuki Iwadare is doing the music
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Actually from what I gathered it was an unsaid tactic. They wanted to gauge the popularity and fan reception of the game and the prototype, and because there was not too much reception to either at the time, they cut it, they just believed there was no reason to release a prototype for a game with such small reception. And also you didn't have to take part, but you at least had to join the Dev Room, they said so themselves AFAIK.

Also, I'm really wondering exactly what Capcom's involvement with this game is. I will be the world's happiest man if Noriyuki Iwadare is doing the music
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Why would have been the case when they said they were using the prototype to gauge such a thing? Seems like a stupid run around that isn't really needed. Also they never said you had to join the devroom. About the extent of what they did was advertise the darn thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1TPP-U6lb8

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrightNeko said:
machomuu said:

wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Why would have been the case when they said they were using the prototype to gauge such a thing? Seems like a stupid run around that isn't really needed. Also they never said you had to join the devroom. About the extent of what they did was advertise the darn thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1TPP-U6lb8
Easy, because that branch of Capcom is lazy. As I said, it's their fault, too.

If only Keiji Inafune hadn't left...

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
BrightNeko said:
machomuu said:

wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Easy, because that branch of Capcom is lazy. As I said, it's their fault, too.

If only Keiji Inafune hadn't left...
Thats the thing though is that Inafune wanted to finish the game but capcom simply would not let him. An recent news has brought up that he even left his team behind to finish the work
frown.gif

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2011/09/16/wha...3-with-comcept/

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.co...ments-from.html

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just been playing Trials and Tribulations (third case, final part) and reading it out as I play along (I don't normally) and it's got me wondering who can play Phoenix in PLvAA. He's got quite a high pitched objection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim...