Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
broksonic said:
If i don't update to latest dash then will all future ap 2.5 games work. ?
To some point. Once games start shipping with the latest dashboard you're screwed unless you flash your drive to LT+.

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
i hope need for speed hot pursuit or assians creed bortherhood doesnt have ap25, but i'm not holding my breath it wouldnt surprise me at all if they do have them especially assiasans creed since ubisoft is so anal about piracy
unsure.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fudgenuts64 said:
broksonic said:
If i don't update to latest dash then will all future ap 2.5 games work. ?
To some point. Once games start shipping with the latest dashboard you're screwed unless you flash your drive to LT+.

true

but remember the kinect dash update will only be bundled with games that require its features

microsoft and developers still take into consideration people that dnt want kinect in the first place - and those that stay offline

im guessing NFS and Brotherhood will not have the latest dash bundled, at all, heck they have probably been in production BEFORE the release of the final kinect dash - mere speculation here.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick post- we have now seen 8th and 9th wave (at least they are on ABGX360) for Kinect adventures and kinect sports respectively.
I am not sure what dash updates they correspond to- wave 7 was 9199 and there has only been one regular update since 9199 (several betas though and it might just be something like avatar data).

It might be kinect games only for now but chances are newer regular games will start to have an AP25 capable dashboard integrated and even require them.

It is still too early to call Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (they are big games so they were probably mastered before this but you never know).
I will be surprised if at least one of nail'd, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom and Splatterhouse are not rocking a new dash. Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection is even harder to call.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Just a quick post- we have now seen 8th and 9th wave (at least they are on ABGX360) for Kinect adventures and kinect sports respectively.
I am not sure what dash updates they correspond to- wave 7 was 9199 and there has only been one regular update since 9199 (several betas though and it might just be something like avatar data).

It might be kinect games only for now but chances are newer regular games will start to have an AP25 capable dashboard integrated and even require them.

It is still too early to call Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (they are big games so they were probably mastered before this but you never know).
I will be surprised if at least one of nail'd, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom and Splatterhouse are not rocking a new dash. Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection is even harder to call.

well any chance of video/PFI patching can fix this for us lower firmwares, or to be exact offline players?

.. no intention of live play here .. still on pre-kinect dash i.e. no Ap25 checks

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:

Like you said, I honestly doubt AC: Brotherhood and NFS: Hot Pursuit will have the new dashboard or AP25. If they do, consider me surprised. I hope Majin doesn't, that game looks sweet.

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so im trying to understand all this.

I have an original launch 360 with Hitachi drive and 1.6 flashed.

I will be able to update with the new dash and still play backed up kinect games and all others?

Am I still risking the bans by playing any backed up game?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you able to play kinect and AP25 games on the newest dash- yes you are as the hitachi drives can not do the AP25 checks. All old games can carry on as usual.

Can you update the dash- sure no reason why not.

Bans- yes as the non LT firmwares are unsafe for live. They just stopped the bans at one point so while it is unsafe people are not going to be immediately hit with bans for using non LT firmwares.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a disc read error after installing the update on Assassin Creed: Brotherhood. I've got a Hitachi v79 with 1.51 firmware. Fable 3 loads fine so I am not sure if its just a bad disc, I am burning out another copy right now.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
I am getting a disc read error after installing the update on Assassin Creed: Brotherhood. I've got a Hitachi v79 with 1.51 firmware. Fable 3 loads fine so I am not sure if its just a bad disc, I am burning out another copy right now.
There have been multiple reports of this. Maybe even more protection?

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
Crass said:
There have been multiple reports of this. Maybe even more protection?

no unlike fable 3 this actually has the kinect Dashboard inside the game you have to update thats why it's not working unless you have a jtag and a old model samsung drive

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do the Kinect games require the new dashboard?

I take it its ok to update to the new dashboard with an old original hitachi drive?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Kinect needs the new dash (not sure if you can use a leaked beta which might lack AP25).

Hitachi we thought were immune but it might not be the case (Assassins Creed- Brotherhood has thrown us through a loop so to speak)- reading a bit further it might even be the case that some hitachi models are troubled where others are not.

Personally- hold off updating until we know what Assassins Creed- Brotherhood is doing. It might just be that those not in the know ended up updating and got stung for their trouble but it might be another revision of the AP25 system as well.

Kanahpoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When will LT+ be released?
At the time of this post, LT+ is being tested over the weekend and is close to release. No specific date or time has been given for release.
(Sun Nov 14)

source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow I did not expect it to be that far along.

JTAG users- in case you missed it new dashlaunch with AP25 bypass patch (also various methods to get it to run if you do not fancy that).

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
Wow I did not expect it to be that far along.

JTAG users- in case you missed it new dashlaunch with AP25 bypass patch (also various methods to get it to run if you do not fancy that).

remember though c4eav when he says not that long that could mean 2-3weeks :0

Kanahpoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CJL18 said:
remember though c4eav when he says not that long that could mean 2-3weeks :0

Worth the wait
smile.gif
He said before X-mas.
Can't wait to play AC:B
I was actually pretty surprised to see the update integrated on gamedisks so soon after the dashboard update ... and that they annoyed offline players too this time
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho