Gaming New Protections Added to Leaked 12606 and Fall2010 Dashboard

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:
Ok so what's going on with the new update? Could someone fill me in? Can I update without getting banned? I have a lite on
You can update, but any games with the new AP25 protection will not work (only one so far is Fable III).
I've already played fable III, will I get banned for playing it ?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gus122000 said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:
Ok so what's going on with the new update? Could someone fill me in? Can I update without getting banned? I have a lite on
You can update, but any games with the new AP25 protection will not work (only one so far is Fable III).
Nope. Just don't play it anymore, unless you have an original copy.

Starzboy77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:

What if I played Fable 3 after updating to the latest dash. Like I seriously played my burned copy for less than 1 minute just to make sure it worked.

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Starzboy77 said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:

What if I played Fable 3 after updating to the latest dash. Like I seriously played my burned copy for less than 1 minute just to make sure it worked.
You have a Samsung or Hitachi DVD drive. Those drives don't have the AP25 check.

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:

why are you saying nope when you have no idea if he will or not. THe truth is yes you will most likely get banned for playing fable 3

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CJL18 said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:

why are you saying nope when you have no idea if he will or not. THe truth is yes you will most likely get banned for playing fable 3
The game is already out. He was asking if he would get banned if he already played it, not if he tries to play it on the new dashboard.

Starzboy77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I update without getting banned? I have a lite on[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
You have a Samsung or Hitachi DVD drive. Those drives don't have the AP25 check.
[/quote]

So will I still get banned then?

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:
Isn't it all of the wave 7 games? The new Kinect titles are all wave 7, I believe.

Brutalboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Livin in a box said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:
Isn't it all of the wave 7 games? The new Kinect titles are all wave 7, I believe.

From SoulHeaven, kinect titles are new wave 8.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so do all of the new Kinect titles use the AP2.5 checks? I've seen a site list Your Shape: Fitness Evolved as using SSv1. I thought it was SSv3 that does the checks...sorry, I'm a little confused. I guess I just want to know if any of the games have been successfully backed up and played on non sammy/old hitachi drives (with the new dash) or if every one of them does the checks.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mooseknuckle2000 said:
so do all of the new Kinect titles use the AP2.5 checks? I've seen a site list Your Shape: Fitness Evolved as using SSv1. I thought it was SSv3 that does the checks...sorry, I'm a little confused. I guess I just want to know if any of the games have been successfully backed up and played on non sammy/old hitachi drives (with the new dash) or if every one of them does the checks.
I dunno for shure about the Kinect-Games, but as far as I know, and last time I checked, only Fable 3 and Sims 3 should have the AP2.5-Checks. But again, don't quote me on this. And it's also possible to patch the Check in Games via an Update...

Btw, I also have a question: Someone said that this, the AP2.5-Checks, are probably the only thing left Microsoft can do to combat piracy...just some ramblings or is there really some truth behind it? I guess not...

Brutalboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi !

No for now, no Kinect game are ap25 for now. I have played Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports(patched wave 3) on a 1.6 Stealth Lite-on and they are working well.

I will try this week-end Kinectimals, Dance Central, Your Shape, Motin Sports

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
Brutalboy said:
Livin in a box said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:

All the Kinect titles I can find are all wave 7; no wave 8's anywhere.

If I just burned a wave 7 game to DVD and played it on 1.6NS, would it work?

Brutalboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Livin in a box said:
Brutalboy said:
Livin in a box said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Gus122000 said:

All the Kinect titles I can find are all wave 7; no wave 8's anywhere.

If I just burned a wave 7 game to DVD and played it on 1.6NS, would it work?

Yes it should work on Beta and final dashboard. The difference between beta and final that i have discovered: The beta dont not have the habilty of auto sign-in your profile using face recognition of the Kinect.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brutalboy said:
Yes it should work on Beta and final dashboard. The difference between beta and final that i have discovered: The beta dont not have the habilty of auto sign-in your profile using face recognition of the Kinect.

thanks for that .

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I haven't got Kinect yet anyway, I was just wandering. My flashed 360 is still on that other beta leaked one (the 12641 one). I have no intention of playing Fable 3 either so I might just update it...

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Livin in a box said:
Well I haven't got Kinect yet anyway, I was just wandering. My flashed 360 is still on that other beta leaked one (the 12641 one). I have no intention of playing Fable 3 either so I might just update it...

im waiting to see if any new games have ap25- if not then yeah why not might as well as update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...