New 'Steins;Gate' game and live-action TV series announced

steins;gate.JPG

Steins;Gate, the visual novel about time travelling students, is set to receive yet another video game addition and... a live-action TV series! The announcement comes as part of the series' 10th anniversary celebration.

Titled Steins;Gate 0 Elite, the game will be a followup to last year's Steins;Gate Elite. It will most likely follow the visual novel template of the series, although the platforms it will release on and the release date have not been made public. The game is said to be "in development".

Also announced was the live-action Hollywood TV series adaptation. It will be handled by Skydance Television which worked on Altered Carbon. No further information has been made available about this project either, but we will report once we learn more.

:arrow: SOURCE

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love the mind fuck that is this series, especially the fact that it seems like it's one giant paradox repeating itself over, and over when played in proper order, and with the anime movie.

Destined to be lost in time... Together.

I'll always hate the prospect of a live action adaptation though, as we've all seen so many half assed attempts over the years, that only serve to mar an otherwise perfect series, that stood on it's own just fine. I loved Detective Pikachu, but that's a VERY rare success.

:thonk:

What does that have to do with anything?
Play a game for the story or gameplay. Not for what the character is.

Oh they're trans, disgusting will not play.
Like what kind of mentality is that? Just play a story telling game, for it's story lmao.

I suppose what they mean, and are failing to get across with a form of kind rationality.. is if they're playing AS a character then they want that character to be a blank slate, so that they can imprint themselves onto them, and they themselves don't identify as Trans, Homosexual, ETC, so it takes them out of the game as a whole based on their personal preferences

I know personally 9/10 when I play a random VN I want to be the character, and not have the character be me, it just makes the story more fun, and ironically more inclusive.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh