New SuperCard DS(ONE) Info and Photos! *Update*

Silencer-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i`m not sure about this: Can someone tell me if Emulators are working on the DS ONE Card ? SnezziDS, CrocoDS (CPC 6128), Lemmings DS ? Can i put the .NDS files simply in the root of the SUpercard ONE or isnt that possible?

I`m asking because i got noone of them to work right now...

Silencer-

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just recieved my DS one today, and would like to know how much space to leave on my 1 GB card for save files. Also i am finding it a little difficult to take the supercard fully out of the DS because of the chip thats in the card, its not a problem, its just sometimes i find it hard. Also can anyone confirm if the DS one can play snes and nes games without an emulator like the previous Supercards? I cannot use my supercard yet as my card readers busted.

kersplatty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
has anyone who ordered from supercardstore.com got their dispatch emails yet they were delayed on friday. If they do not get them today i may cancel and get R4

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I cannot get the site for the DS1 loader to download on 3 different PC's from 2 different networks. Anyone care to share it or PM & send it to me?
bow.gif

Thanks!
grog.gif

EDIT: Nevermind. The link is now working.

cgrieves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Weirdness...... I was ready to send my SCDS1 back, but decided to buy an over-the-counter 512Mb Sandisk (standard, not Ultra) microSD, and the SCDS1 now works absolutely fine. Despite the 1Gb Toshiba card being faster. So far I've only played Mario Kart as it's the only ROM I have here at work, but everything worked 100% and loading was nice and fast, whereas before I wasn't even getting into Moonshell. V1.1 detects the Sandisk card as speed "5".

So it may be the case that you need to choose your microSD carefully. Is anyone planning to set up a compatibility Wiki for the SCDS1, like there is for the Ninja X9, as it could save a lot of people a lot of hassle?

grayswan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok since Gameyeeeay.com is selling the R4 for only 45.50 after shipping I ordered one of those too. The SCDS1 should be shipping today (hopefully) so I'll have one of these two cards by the weekend.

I'll just keep the one I like more and give the other to my sister for her birthday

ancient_imhotep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Weirdness...... I was ready to send my SCDS1 back, but decided to buy an over-the-counter 512Mb Sandisk (standard, not Ultra) microSD, and the SCDS1 now works absolutely fine. Despite the 1Gb Toshiba card being faster. So far I've only played Mario Kart as it's the only ROM I have here at work, but everything worked 100% and loading was nice and fast, whereas before I wasn't even getting into Moonshell. V1.1 detects the Sandisk card as speed "5".

So it may be the case that you need to choose your microSD carefully. Is anyone planning to set up a compatibility Wiki for the SCDS1, like there is for the Ninja X9, as it could save a lot of people a lot of hassle?

I have just spoken with a couple of people regarding microSD cards and the Slot 1 solutions, specifically reference problems with the microSD cards not being detected by the Slot 1 solutions.

It would appear that there seems to be something strange happening with microSD cards at the moment, which is preventing them from working in Slot 1 solutions.

The problem appears to be on all Slot 1 solutions, the X9 and the SCDS1 are only two that it is currently reported on but I would imagine the issue may arise on other solutions soon.

There seems to be a change in some of the microSD cards which is preventing the Slot 1 solutions detecting the cards, you can read them on a PC card reader and copy the files to them but once you put it into the Slot 1 solution it will not detect the card.

I have heard of reports of these problems with both Kingston and Transend branded media. It does not appear to make any difference if the numbers on the cards match previous cards that work.

This does not appear to be something that can be pinned down to anything specific, other than the fact that it only seems to happen with recent batches of these MicroSD cards.

Not quite sure how this issue can be resolved, but my guess would be that as the MicroSD cards are supposed to be based on a standard they cannot be faults with the cards. I would rather suggest that the problem is caused by an issue in the Firmware of the Slot 1 solutions that relates to the way they read the microSD cards, possibly something to do with the speed side of things - maybe this also explains why certain cards (Ultra II) seem to run slower than others in the SCDS1, but run super fast in a PC Card reader....

Silencer-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a small info:

I got a Kingston 512MB SD-Micro Card today. Its labeled with Japan.

Metroid Prime Pinball loads way faster...sound stuttering is nearly deleted, but its still there.
Castlevania - PoR still crashes when hitting Start/Select

SD-Read speed is set automatically to 30x

Cheers

Silencer

Silencer-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update:

I configurd Castlevania - PoR now with 4x SD-Speed. i tried it for 5 minutes hitting Start/Select constantly..and it doesnt crash. Maybe i can play it now ??? That would be awesome.

Cheers

Silencer

crazyanz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmmz i have that problem with my microSD sandisk ultra II. But when i first put the card in my camera and make a photo my pc can al of a sudden read it again. games and everything work fine though.

When i do auto select sd speed it gives 5x but i can also manually put it on 25x without any problems (talking about the new Beta Software)

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@crazyanz:

Have you tried it with Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow?

Does 25x work on that game? (i.e. no crashes or weird glitches during gameplay)

Already beat PoR weeks ago... But I skipped Dawn
tongue.gif

vanisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Hanafuda.

Ok, played the Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow video using the default setting of 3x for the SD Speed. The video lags a bit.

But, change the SD Speed to 4x and it runs like a dream... no lagging, smooth as you like

and the best bit is I only have a Kingston 512MB card, which is meant to be slow compared to the Ultra II Sandisk card.

Cannot wait to see what happens to all the games with my new UltraII 2GB and speed setting on 5x.

Cheers.

A.I.

P.S. - Now I have sampled the delights of Castlevania, I will have to play them all......Â
biggrin.gif

Are you sure that is a legit 2GB ultraII card? If you look at sandisk's site you don't even see it there.

Silencer-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micro SD-Card Update Information:

Got a takeMS 1GB Card today with following results:

OS v1.1 with NDS Dat file from Supercard Homepage

Speed autodetection working with 30x

Castlevania - PoR runs smooth, no crashes even if i hit all buttons at the same time

Following Games are working, i didnt got them running on my Kingston 1GB or 512MB

Ice Age 2 - The Meltdown (works perfect)
Metroid Prime Pinball - (works perfect, NO stuttering)
Tenchu Dark Secret (works the first time for me, on other cards i got white screens)
Horsez (works perfect, crashes on other cards at the language menu)

Nice one....seems that takeMS are THE best cards for me
smile.gif

Cheers

Silencer

ancient_imhotep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Hanafuda.

Ok, played the Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow video using the default setting of 3x for the SD Speed. The video lags a bit.

But, change the SD Speed to 4x and it runs like a dream... no lagging, smooth as you like

and the best bit is I only have a Kingston 512MB card, which is meant to be slow compared to the Ultra II Sandisk card.

Cannot wait to see what happens to all the games with my new UltraII 2GB and speed setting on 5x.

Cheers.

A.I.

P.S. - Now I have sampled the delights of Castlevania, I will have to play them all...... 
biggrin.gif

Are you sure that is a legit 2GB ultraII card? If you look at sandisk's site you don't even see it there.

Yep, definately a legit Sandisk card - it was purchased from an official Sandisk reseller in the UK called mymemory.co.uk.

I am yet to find the time to compare the results of using my Kingston 512MB and Sandisk Ultra II 2GB with all the games tested on page 10 of this thread.

My aim is to test both cards with the same games using both OS 1.0 and OS 1.1 and to see what the difference is. Also I am going to test with both FAT and FAT32 to see if this makes a difference.

I hope to be spending most of the weekend doing this so will post a test matrix once done testing.

Also I should have my DS Linker (Slot 1 with 1GB of memory built-in) tomorrow (Thurs 4/1/07) so will be doing some testing of this card to see it compares to the SCDS1.

jahablon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks Hanafuda.

Cheers.

A.I.

P.S. - Now I have sampled the delights of Castlevania, I will have to play them all......Â
biggrin.gif

Yep, definately a legit Sandisk card - it was purchased from an official Sandisk reseller in the UK called mymemory.co.uk.

I am yet to find the time to compare the results of using my Kingston 512MB and Sandisk Ultra II 2GB with all the games tested on page 10 of this thread.

My aim is to test both cards with the same games using both OS 1.0 and OS 1.1 and to see what the difference is. Also I am going to test with both FAT and FAT32 to see if this makes a difference.

I hope to be spending most of the weekend doing this so will post a test matrix once done testing.

Also I should have my DS Linker (Slot 1 with 1GB of memory built-in) tomorrow (Thurs 4/1/07) so will be doing some testing of this card to see it compares to the SCDS1.

I finally got my second SanDisk UltraII 2GB today, the first one I got was faulty and I couldn't format it(tried three different readers/computers).

I had already tried my SCDS(one) with a friends kingston 1gb jap, that worked smoothly. this was with the 1.0 OS.

So I happily thought when I opened my package today, that all my problems were solved. So I loaded the card with mariokart, nsmb, FFIII and brainage. The results were that all games work, but there are some slowdowns with mariokart, nsmb, FFIII when loading things. It's sooo irritating that I really don't know what to do.

I've tried the auto setting with the 1.1 OS, it suggested that the speed of my card where 5x(32x max). so I tried FFIII with that speed, no difference, same irritating slowdowns. So I set the speed to 15, it worked, but same slowdowns, then i set the speed to 26, the game crashed at startup. then I set the speed to 20, it worked but now my quicksave was gone and the slowdowns were still there.

I tried some random speeds between 15-30, and they all fail to run FFIII smoothly without slowdowns. yeah sure the slowdowns only last 1-2-3 seconds, but it is really annoying in a fight.

I get the same slowdowns with NSMB. So now I'm playing tetris instead. There seems to be alot of issues with the I/O with the slot1 solutions. I think the devs should buy themselves a set of microsd cards, and start working on the fw.

I'm kinda pissed right now, but I might format the microsd with FAT instead of FAT32 and restart the whole process later. I thought I should register on the official forum and try to get an answer from the official poeple, but the crappy forum haven't sent me an confirmation letter yet, so Icant log in. (Now you maybe see why I'm really pissed off).

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just received my supercard ds one, loaded up the 1.0 OS, and threw on need for speed underground 2. I can get through setting up the race and click race. But then it hangs at a black screen. I believe I only could get this far by setting my kingston 1 gb card to a read speed of 1x, and the save file size to the apparently correct 64kb. Perhaps this isjust one of the games that don't work. Will try some others. Quite the nice menu screen though...you can drag windows around lol, unreal.

Edit:
Spider-man 2 works good.
Asphalt good
splinter cell chaos theory ( a bit chuggy...but not bad)
world championship poker good
madden 06 good
tiger woods 06 good
castlevania worked (but when I saved it, it hung at a black screen and the save file wasn't there next time round. I'll try again)
fifa 06 good
ultimate spider man good
metroid pinball good(bumping the card speed up to 4x helped. 5x perhaps better)

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 30 of the latest & greatest NDS ROMs on my SCDS & the ONLY issue I see so far is that Animal Crossing is slow. That might even be resolved when I use the "faster play" option. I tested all of the games on the cart & it works GREAT! You just need to install the v1.1. Almost NO GAMES worked on the original 1.0.
I even got imports Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06 & Daigasso! Band Brothers working FINE. Both Castlevania's work FINE & both Tony Hawk games. AWESOME. I'm using a normal Sandisk 2 GB microsd.
One thing I did do was let the SCDS auto detect the card speed & saved it. AWESOME!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu