New SuperCard DS(ONE) Info and Photos! *Update*

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having quite an issue with the Supercard ds one. I didn't notice it earlier, but game's will crash after a few minutes of playing them. If I pass a level in metroid pinball, the message says "DS Card removed, power down system" or something. Othergames will just stall, and the sound will go all nuts. I haven't tried the V 1.1 yet, but would that even help? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe its your SD card, or worse case scenario you have a bad Supercard.

I have a question now, what brand of Microsd cards do people reccomend, ive read so many mixed reviews im not sure anymore, should i go for a 1 gb sandisk or a 1 gb kingston, any help to clear this up would be great.

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try the v1.1 OS first.  If there's still an issue it's the microSD card.  That game works fine for me.

I will try it tonight. Is it necessary to format the card first? I just used it as is. It's a Kingston microSD card. There's no speed listed anywhere on the packaging. Liftetime warranty, retailed for 79$ canadian but after rebate it'll be $35. I would think it's great quality. It does seem like it crashes if I hit too many buttons at once. Hopefully 1.1 fixes it
frown.gif

EDIT: 5uck3rpunch, sorry if you mentioned it already, but what SD card are you using?

Thanks

callandor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Try the v1.1 OS first.  If there's still an issue it's the microSD card.  That game works fine for me.

I will try it tonight. Is it necessary to format the card first? I just used it as is. It's a Kingston microSD card. There's no speed listed anywhere on the packaging. Liftetime warranty, retailed for 79$ canadian but after rebate it'll be $35. I would think it's great quality. It does seem like it crashes if I hit too many buttons at once. Hopefully 1.1 fixes it
frown.gif

EDIT: 5uck3rpunch, sorry if you mentioned it already, but what SD card are you using?

Thanks

been using the 1.1 os since the start. no probs yet i know off.
smile.gif

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I just tried reformatting to Fat 32, putting everything back on, (v1.0) and ultimate spiderman still crashes in under 1-2 minutes. I then reformatted, and installed V1.1, put all the games back on. Same crash. I'm using kingston from japan , not taiwan as some have stated this is less compatible. I'm out of ideas. V1.1 autodetected my Micro card as being 2x. When I throw it on 16 speed it runs fine for those same 2 minutes, so I have no idea what to do. I'm going to format to FAT not FAT32 and try one last time. Otherwise i'm stooped.

I am not very knowledgable on the slot1+slot2 combo since I started on slot1 solutions here, but what is the disadvantage of the slot1+slot2? Seems like it's far more compatible, can use browsers, homebrew, msn, andanything requiring a slot 2, gba etc. Is no patching the only advantage?

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe for the DS browser... *shrugs*

I'd keep it 'cause there's many games that aren't working on SC DS, and aren't working on certain SD cards...

SC Lite, however, has almost 100% compatibility, plus the speed/brand of your microSD doesn't matter as much.

callandor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok, I just tried reformatting to Fat 32, putting everything back on, (v1.0) and ultimate spiderman still crashes in under 1-2 minutes. I then reformatted, and installed V1.1, put all the games back on. Same crash. I'm using kingston from japan , not taiwan as some have stated this is less compatible. I'm out of ideas. V1.1 autodetected my Micro card as being 2x. When I throw it on 16 speed it runs fine for those same 2 minutes, so I have no idea what to do. I'm going to format to FAT not FAT32 and try one last time. Otherwise i'm stooped.Â

I am not very knowledgable on the slot1+slot2 combo since I started on slot1 solutions here, but what is the disadvantage of the slot1+slot2? Seems like it's far more compatible, can use browsers, homebrew, msn, andanything requiring a slot 2, gba etc. Is no patching the only advantage?

try using FAT not FAT32. mine's on FAT and working perfectly (cept for the intro to DoS, but POR is fine)

sarah99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I'd keep it 'cause there's many games that aren't working on SC DS, and aren't working on certain SD cards...

SC Lite, however, has almost 100% compatibility, plus the speed/brand of your microSD doesn't matter as much.

Please let me know what games won't work. I have just received my second DS1, works perfectly, happily playing CastleVania POR, no slowdowns, nop crashes.

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Please let me know what games won't work. I have just received my second DS1, works perfectly, happily playing CastleVania POR, no slowdowns, nop crashes.

What memory card are you using?

I've noticed less graphic intense games run fine. The ones still causing problems:

marvel nemesis
ultimate spiderman
metroid pinball

I installed v1.1 and set my card speed to 6x......it seems to be the best chance I have of not crashing a game.

sarah99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What memory card are you using?

I've noticed less graphic intense games run fine.  The ones still causing problems:

marvel nemesis
ultimate spiderman
metroid pinball

Metroid pinball is almost perfect,
CastleVania POR is perfect, no slow downs on video, no crashes.
Marvel Nemisis, 1 sec black screen before fights, seems fine.

Toshiba 512MB OEM memory cards auto set to x30 (Kingston Japan, Dane-Elec)

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my Transcend 512MB High Speed 80x MicroSD auto set to 2x with the 1.1 loader but i set it to 4x myself & im not having any problems playing any games
i had a slight lag in AC:WW but after formating my sd card to fat with 64k clusters it runs at full speed now
i had no problems with lag with CastleVania POR even before i formated my sd card to 64k clusters

i hope when they release the finished 1.1 loader my card has a better auto set score cause 2x is shit for a 80x card

cgrieves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I kind of gave up on my SCDS1- several games were very slow (Metroid pinball, Tony Hawk Sk8land, Princess Peach, Animal crossing and a few others), so I ordered an R4DS as it advertises that there are no speed issues related to SD cards. Also it's £8 less than the SCDS1 her ein the UK. It arrived yesterday and so far it's great- everything plays full speed on the 1Gb Toshiba card that wouldn't boot with the SCDS1. Maybe firmware will fix this, but I'm not so sure. For the moment I'd advise waiting until the SD card compatibility is sorted, or there's some sort of compatibility list (although I'm not sure that would help, since some users with exactly the same model SD card are reporting no issues....).

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi cgrieves,

I've been using the scds one for a few weeks now, and I will second what you said about metroid pinball and sk8land. Those definitely do chug on the supercard. I'd say the card is about 90% compatible with about 9% chuggin at one point or another, and 1% of games causing complete stalls.

daanking

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried the sk8land and animal crossings, at first the framerate was awful, but after i changed the SD speed from 5 to 18 (the max my sandisk non-ultra can take), both play fine. So as always: the sd speed is key.

crazyanz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Only problems with frame rate i had so far was with FFIII but after getting a new rom that was solved to. But i use a san disk ultra II at 30 sd speed

zerochrono

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sarah do you rehost that file the 1.1 i want to try it because with the one currently on the site , castlevania POR hangs on menu and sometimes in game and i have the japanese kingston 1GB (however everything else works fine)
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...