New SuperCard DS(ONE) Info and Photos! *Update*

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah dude
i got that email too
i already canceled and got my money back into my paypal..

I will order a R4 now lol
sorry i jumped shipÂ
rofl2.gif

Haha, I'm sure as hell thinking about it. I actually did discover that ordering an R4 from gameyeeeah + shipping actually comes out less than what I was buying my SuperCard DS for. I'm still hesitant though. *sigh* Time to find and read the pro's/con's of R4 and find out how fast gameyeeeah's shipping is :/

yeah i spent the last 2 hours reading up all about the R4 lol..
btw
gamersection.ca is $62.15 and it uses fedex for 3-5 business days shipping
gameyeeah is $60 with DHL and 5-7 days shipping.

they're all closed until Jan 2nd though.

the supercard DS will probably ship on Jan 2nd too.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah i spent the last 2 hours reading up all about the R4 lol..
btw
gamersection.ca is $62.15Â and it uses fedex for 3-5 business days shipping
gameyeeah is $60 with DHL and 5-7 days shipping.

they're all closed until Jan 2nd though.

the supercard DS will probably ship on Jan 2nd too.
Damnit. I totaled it up without seeing that shipping surcharge. I thought it was gonna be like $55. :/

EDIT: Alright, I just canceled my supercard sd order and with winsunx.com (after their extremely high shipping charge) the R4 comes out to $52.61. I've didn't see too much on the forums regarding their shipping. Do they ship pretty fast (I'd at least hope so with shipping that high)?

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a little surprised to see so many people canceling orders on the DS given the number of reviewers who have said essentially everygame works once the file save sizes and card speeds are set.
biggrin.gif
have faith!

grayswan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little surprised to see so many people canceling orders on the DS given the number of reviewers who have said essentially everygame works once the file save sizes and card speeds are set.Â
biggrin.gif
have faith!

Hells yeah. I'm with you Sigma. I don't mind a few minutes of inconvenience if I can play the games I want. The R4 looks good so far from the 4 or so reports I've seen on it... but then again the first 4 reports I saw on the Supercard DS looked pretty damn good too. From all I've read about the supercard DS I'm not worried at all. Hell I actually like troubleshooting a rom to make it work perfectly. It's expected after so many years of tinkering with emulators and such.

Though I am a bit irked that I had to wait till the 29th and now till the 2nd, probably longer, for it to ship. But I got time. Other projects to fill my long hours. If there is a huge difference and some games I can't run then I'll get whatever wins the slot 1 wars a few months down the line. Buying a Supercard DS, 1GB toshiba microSD AND an R4 is STILL cheaper than buying a 512MB DS Extreme. Granted not by much, but you see my point.

Anyway. It's new years weekend and I plan on being drunk for quite a while longer. Peace!
grog.gif

Maxxpower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little surprised to see so many people canceling orders on the DS given the number of reviewers who have said essentially everygame works once the file save sizes and card speeds are set.Â
biggrin.gif
have faith!

Yeah, I don't know why these people are jumping ship so early. Trying the new v1.1 firmware for the Supercard I'm having no problems with ROMS that gave me problems on 1.0. I've only had to set my save file size for about one game out of thirty, and it's hardly a hassle.

When I first got this Supercard, I wasn't too happy with the ROM compatibility, but now it seems to be working perfectly, and I couldn't be more happy. Have a little more faith in the Supercard devs, they won't just release this product and forget about it, they'll work with it to make sure people want to buy it.

That said, it's your fifty dollars, and you can do what you want with it. However, I really suggest you wait for comprehensive reviews of both the Supercard and the R4 (which is similar to the M3 "Simply"). If you want something with near 100% compatibility, have a lot of money to burn, and don't want to wait a week or so for reviews, then by all means go with the DS-X or take a risk on other slot one solutions, but the rest of us will wait.

If you want a Supercard DS(ONE), I really suggest you get some good microSD media. My 1 Gig Sandisk seems to be working just fine after the new firmware, and others are saying their Kingston cards are working well too.

You've got to research a product before you jump on/off the bandwagon.

kenfrenzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I really can't blame those that are jumping ship. I got mine to work with a bit of tinkering (I actually like tinkering) but it does take more effort than what the r4 and m3 seem to allow. There are some things that annoy me about eh scds1, but I dont' feel like i necessarily got ripped off. I got about 24 games on my 1 gig card and they all work fine for me, including castlevaniaPoR. Good enough for me, but if I had to do it all over again, I might think twice. Either way, I came into the situation knowing that I was taking a risk by being an early adopter, so I am in no way disappointed. I have already gotten more hours of enjoyment out of my DSlite than the hours it took for me to make the money to buy the card lol.

To all their own, enjoy what you got, enjoy what others think, enjoy the fact that you have the ability to do what you're doing.

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh, I really can't blame those that are jumping ship. I got mine to work with a bit of tinkering (I actually like tinkering) but it does take more effort than what the r4 and m3 seem to allow. There are some things that annoy me about eh scds1, but I dont' feel like i necessarily got ripped off. I got about 24 games on my 1 gig card and they all work fine for me, including castlevaniaPoR. Good enough for me, but if I had to do it all over again, I might think twice. Either way, I came into the situation knowing that I was taking a risk by being an early adopter, so I am in no way disappointed. I have already gotten more hours of enjoyment out of my DSlite than the hours it took for me to make the money to buy the card lol.

To all their own, enjoy what you got, enjoy what others think, enjoy the fact that you have the ability to do what you're doing.

"I have already gotten more hours of enjoyment out of my DSlite than the hours it took for me to make the money to buy the card lol. "

hah, that's a great statement
smile.gif
. I look forward to mine next week!

kersplatty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im gonna keep my order since postage wont be up on the 1st if i order from somewhere else ill probably have to wait longer. What are the chances supercard could improve homebrew compatibility and what is it that is preventing thehomebrew working on slot1 cards?

NeroMayCry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Homebrew compatibility will definitely be improved. Its just a matter of waiting for the homebrew coders to implement the new I/O libraries for slot-1 cards.

lilfrankie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I am new here and quit a noob when it comes to supercards and all. But I'm following it for a few days, and now I'm thinking of buying a Supercard DS (one) + Sandisk 1GB microSD + Card Reader (OOS)..
http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-sand...ader-p-171.html
It cost $100,- al together (that's €76.18, because I live in EU). I think this is really cheap, but I'm not sure if this is al i need. Can someone pls help me?

I have a normal DS (nót al Lite) and I haven't bought any cards for it and it isn't flashed.. Like I said, I'm new with this..
unsure.gif

Will this be enough to play (lots and lots) of games, music and video?

EDIT: Does anybody knows this site? is it trustable and will it be shipped to Holland (ofcourse that's where I live)..

castillo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys,

I am new here and quit a noob when it comes to supercards and all. But I'm following it for a few days, and now I'm thinking of buying a Supercard DS (one) + Sandisk 1GB microSD + Card Reader (OOS)..
It cost $100,- al together (that's €76.18, because I live in EU). I think this is really cheap, but I'm not sure if this is al i need. Can someone pls help me?

I have a normal DS (nót al Lite) and I haven't bought any cards for it and it isn't flashed.. Like I said, I'm new with this..
unsure.gif

EDIT: Does anybody knows this site? is it trustable and will it be shipped to Holland (ofcourse that's where I live)..
Yes, this is all you need to play lots and lots of games!
And realhotstuff.com is very trustable!!
Go ahead, have fun!
yaynds.gif

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

unsure.gif

Yes, this is all you need to play lots and lots of games!
And realhotstuff.com is very trustable!!
Go ahead, have fun!
yaynds.gif

Yeah, RHS is very reliable. Thats where I get my SC goodies from
yaynds.gif

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where do people learn to write these homebrew apps? Are there any open source files I could take a look at to see what's going on? I won't even bother to ask how people know how to make these supercard ds one chips!

Thanks

sarah99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I won't even bother to ask how people know how to  make these supercard ds one chips!

I think I can answer you anyway ........ you buy yourself a DS-x, read out the contents of the FPGA, change it a little bit, then put the altered code back into another FPGA on a slightly different circuit board. Then a week later 10 others will do the same thing.

(only kidding)

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Silencer-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried Multiplayer on several Games, and it worked not very well.

Metroid Prime Pinball -> works fine
Mario Kart -> not working
Dr Kawashima's Brain Training - How Old Is Your Brain -> working
Big Brain Academy -> not working
New Super Mario Brothers -> not working
Tetris DS -> not working

Anyone making other experiences with Multiplayer ? And can anyone tell me WHY its not working with the SUpercard ONE ?

Cheers

Silencer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs