New to CFW on WiiU, I need some assistance please..

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does this have to be for a separate HDD from the one I already have? Or id have to use USBHide along with Wiibackupmanager?
Don't use "USBhide" over a HDD with "Wii Backup Manager", it might possibly mess something up in the process.

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use "USBhide" over a HDD with "Wii Backup Manager", it might possibly mess something up in the process.

I’m currently injecting Wii and gamecube games that way I can use 1 storage device which is a 1TB HDD for all my games. Would Wii Backup Manager apply to me?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m currently injecting Wii and gamecube games that way I can use 1 storage device which is a 1TB HDD for all my games. Would Wii Backup Manager apply to me?
For GameCube games, you will need to use a seperate device. "Wii Backup Manager" does not allow you to import GameCube games. Instead, use "GameCube Backup Manager" here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gamecube-backup-manager-official-post.611247/
Post automatically merged:

I'm not 100% sure about if 1TB HDDs will work or not.

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For GameCube games, you will need to use a seperate device. "Wii Backup Manager" does not allow you to import GameCube games. Instead, use "GameCube Backup Manager" here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gamecube-backup-manager-official-post.611247/

I'm not 100% sure about if 1TB HDDs will work or not.

Yeah I’m not sure but this wont apply to me because I went with a method to store all my games on one storage device which requires me to convert Wii and gamecube files to WiiU and inject them.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I’m not sure but this wont apply to me because I went with a method to store all my games on one storage device which requires me to convert Wii and gamecube files to WiiU and inject them.
And do the injects work without problems?

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it you installed either Tiramisu / Aroma?

1: Yes you can disable Mii Maker HBL by deleting the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file. CFW will work like normal, just without touching the Mii Maker.

2: Yes you can still link an NNID. If you're having issues it's not because of the CFW. If you're using Pretendo, disable it to make a regular NNID.

3: For injects I'm not sure it's possible to use Pro Controller. You can use the Pro Controller on Nintendont if all you want is GameCube emulation though.

1. Thanks again
2. CFW was the problem. The fix is removing SD card and booting then linking NID then booting back up with SD CARD.
3. Yes WiiU Pro controller works with injects and its great.
Thanks again

So mucb confusion in this thread... To all: The OP does not want to use a seperate HDD but simply injects. This works fine except for some controllers.

This controller issues can be fixed by changing Nintendonts settings like I described.

So please stop spreading even more confusion.

I got everything setup the way I want, Thank you! I’m pretty sure you helped me out with some issues I was facing with CFW on switch, I appreciate you taking the time to help the community.

EDIT/// I’m now trying to block updates and I extracted the contents UFDiine and placed it on the root of the SD. When in HBC I go to load UFDiine and the system freezes and I am forced to restart. Is there a fix for this or should I use the DNS blocking method?

Disk2app is also not working after selecting download to SD it says “doing IOSU exploit…Done!” Nothing else happens. It’s supposed to say insert disc to start.. How long am I supposed to wait? I tried inserting disc and nothing happens

Last edited by Qeality,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So mucb confusion in this thread... To all: The OP does not want to use a seperate HDD but simply injects. This works fine except for some controllers.

This controller issues can be fixed by changing Nintendonts settings like I described.

So please stop spreading even more confusion.
At least that clears up any confusion.

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Qeality For UFDiine try to start it from the Mii Maker HBL (starting Mii Maker should start HBL) instead of HBL Channel. For dumping discs use WUDD instead of Disk2app.

UFDiine launched with no issues when launching HB from Mii maker and I am no longer getting red warning message, thank you.

I got WUDD loaded and successfully got the game files and key. Im not sure what I need to do next to install it.. I tried placing the game folder in the install folder to install with WUP installer GX but that didn’t work. @V10lator is there guide on how to use WUDD? Files to app?

Still haven’t figured it out, thanks anyway..

Last edited by Qeality,

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@V10lator is it possible to transfer save game data from switch to WiiU? I wanna transfer Mario Kart 8 and BOTW from switch to WiiU. I use jksv tool on switch to extract save data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: no, cod sucks +2