• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New UK Prime Minister. 2022 edition. Liz Truss, conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Maths. Take the total population (ie the public) and divide it by those who voted to leave.
If you had any brains you'd know you don't count people that didn't vote - you only take into consideration the voters. If people are too young to vote - tough luck as they can vote when they are older, if they are too lazy to vote, well they deserve everything they get.

The MAJORITY of VOTERS chose to leave, deal with it.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you had any brains you'd know you don't count people that didn't vote
If you had any brains you wouldn't purposefully overstate the result of a vote.

As I said previously, misrepresenting figures is classic leave voter territory. If you were honest then you would have voted remain.

The UK's corrupt FPTP system is also behind the brexit vote, the landslide victory in 2019 that saw the conservatives take a massive majority was based on 43.6% of people who voted, voting conservative. David Cameron only received 36.8% which allowed him to push the referendum through.

If we had some form of PR then we'd never have had the referendum in the first place.

If you cared about democracy at all then you'd be more upset about how the UK conducts itself, than how the EU conducts itself. Which proves you are disingenuous & are just using it to justify your preferred outcome.

The majority of people in the UK don't want conservatives & don't want to be out of the EU. Enjoy your pyrrhic victory while it lasts.

Last edited by smf,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
If you had any brains you wouldn't purposefully overstate the result of a vote.

As I said previously, misrepresenting figures is classic leave voter territory. If you were honest then you would have voted remain.

The UK's corrupt FPTP system is also behind the brexit vote, the landslide victory in 2019 that saw the conservatives take a massive majority was based on 43.6% of people voting conservative.

If we had some form of PR then we'd never have had the referendum in the first place.

If you cared about democracy at all then you'd be more upset about how the UK conducts itself, than how the EU conducts itself. Which proves you are disingenuous
I live in reality, you live in a fantasy realm. In the realm of realty the UK has left the EU, it's a done deal. We left because there were more leave voters than remoaners. Deal with it loser, if you want to be part of the EU - do us all a favour move to the EU and become an EU citizen. That way you can wave your EU flag about and us lot in Britian can laugh at you.

PS, are you related to this cretin?
KkFD6yJ.jpg

Last edited by mrdude,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I live in reality, you live in a fantasy realm. In the realm of realty the UK has left the EU, it's a done deal. We left because there were more leave voters than remoaners. Deal with it loser, if you want to be part of the EU - do us all a favour move to the EU and become an EU citizen. That way you can wave your EU flag about and us lot in Britian can laugh at you.
There are no done deals. The majority of people in Britain are laughing at you & how deluded you still are that voting to leave the EU was a good idea.

If you hadn't fucked up and voted leave, then I could have moved to the EU. You chose to be poorer, with less job opportunities, less trade opportunities. More red tape. More unelected twats running your life (but they are british twats, so your anxieties are soothed)

Leave voters live in a fantasy realm, because you can't even accept the reality of what you voted for and won. Otherwise you would regret it by now.

Congratulations sucker, now go hang out with your sheeple in the echo chamber. Farage will be shepherding you to vote for more self harm soon.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
There are no done deals. The majority of people in Britain are laughing at you & how deluded you still are that voting to leave the EU was a good idea.

If you hadn't fucked up and voted leave, then I could have moved to the EU. You chose to be poorer, with less job opportunities, less trade opportunities. More red tape. More unelected twats running your life (but they are british twats, so your anxieties are soothed)

Leave voters live in a fantasy realm, because you can't even accept the reality of what you voted for and won. Otherwise you would regret it by now.

Congratulations sucker, now go hang out with your sheeple in the echo chamber. Farage will be shepherding you to vote for more self harm soon.
I'm loving the salt I'm getting from you. You've given me enough salt to last for a week. I bet you're also mad that Elon now owns Twatter. Next month you'll be whining about the repbulicans in USA taking the senate, and i'll still be laughing at you and salt mining your salty tears.

• Haha

tr3vk4m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm loving the salt I'm getting from you. You've given me enough salt to last for a week. I bet you're also mad that Elon now owns Twatter. Next month you'll be whining about the repbulicans in USA taking the senate, and i'll still be laughing at you and salt mining your salty tears.
Oh, so other than acting pleased by imagining you are upsetting someone, like some kind of friendless playground bully, you have zero actual information to add?

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the people hadn't been lied to about what leaving the EU meant, it's clear that we would never have left. conservative doesn't mean libertarian. Which should keep you awake at night with regret.
He doesn't have enough intelligence to be regretful of anything, like a lemming he plummets to doom with no second thoughts because of his Little Englander xenophobic mindset. And ignorance.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
He doesn't have enough intelligence to be regretful of anything, like a lemming he plummets to doom with no second thoughts because of his Little Englander xenophobic mindset. And ignorance.
The whole stuff with lemmings running off cliffs was based on a nature documentary filmed by Disney where the producers drove and threw lemmings off the cliff.

But it's not surprising you are still fooled by decades-old fake news.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LOL look at you, thinking

No wonder you couldn't keep a single job in your life.
The whole stuff with lemmings running off cliffs was based on a nature documentary filmed by Disney where the producers drove and threw lemmings off the cliff.

But it's not surprising you are still fooled by decades-old fake news.

Oh look, you're wrong again: https://www.britannica.com/story/do-lemmings-really-commit-mass-suicide

So apparently lemmings do that but most end up dying. You're really a grandstanding of disappointment for your parents, aren't you.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
LOL look at you, thinking

No wonder you couldn't keep a single job in your life.

Oh look, you're wrong again: https://www.britannica.com/story/do-lemmings-really-commit-mass-suicide

So apparently lemmings do that but most end up dying. You're really a grandstanding of disappointment for your parents, aren't you.
Thanks for posting an article backing up my point. As the article says they can swim, but a few do end up drowning while attempting to swim across bodies of water.

Lemmings do not commit suicide. However, this particular myth is based on some actual lemming behaviors. Lemmings have large population booms every three or four years. When the concentration of lemmings becomes too high in one area, a large group will set out in search of a new home. Lemmings can swim, so if they reach a water obstacle, such as a river or lake, they may try to cross it. Inevitably, a few individuals drown. But it’s hardly suicide.

They do not in fact plunge to their deaths off cliffs.

But the biggest reason the myth endures? Deliberate fraud. For the 1958 Disney nature film White Wilderness, filmmakers eager for dramatic footage staged a lemming death plunge, pushing dozens of lemmings off a cliff while cameras were rolling. The images—shocking at the time for what they seemed to show about the cruelty of nature and shocking now for what they actually show about the cruelty of humans—convinced several generations of moviegoers that these little rodents do, in fact, possess a bizarre instinct to destroy themselves.

Perhaps your NPC chip is rewriting what you read in real-time?

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for posting an article backing up my point. As the article says they can swim, but a few do end up drowning while attempting to swim across bodies of water.
which is what I said.
They do not in fact plunge to their deaths off cliffs.
I mean, they do, because "plunging" means to fall off and die? It doesn't imply any voluntariness whatsoever.
Perhaps your NPC chip is rewriting what you read in real-time?
Perhaps your complete lack of brainpower is trying to say I said they actively commit suicide? Because I dare you to quote exactly where I said that. hilarious you think you can afford to talk about others being "NPC" when you're nothing more than a blip in the RNG.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Perhaps your complete lack of brainpower is trying to say I said they actively commit suicide? Because I dare you to quote exactly where I said that. hilarious you think you can afford to talk about others being "NPC" when you're nothing more than a blip in the RNG.

No, I'm commenting on your saying:

The article you posted claims that they do have population spikes every 3-4 years and then do mass migrations. But it also only states that a few individuals drown during water crossings. And makes no reference to them falling off cliffs during the migrations. The only reference to death by falling is the fake news Disney nature documentary.

Please share any articles that back up your claims that the migration ends up killing off most of the lemmings. But so far you haven't provided evidence of that.

And feel free to continue the childish naming calling. Your kind always loves to project how you look at yourself onto others. I'll just fall back and reference the case of "I am rubber, you are glue".

• Haha

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the vote totals of a secure election are not final anymore? Do tell.

Looks like they live in Great Britain, the way it was centuries before the EU was formed in the 1990's.
You sound like an election denier. I'd be careful if I were you. That kind of talk may get you banned.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The article you posted claims that they do have population spikes every 3-4 years and then do mass migrations. But it also only states that a few individuals drown during water crossings. And makes no reference to them falling off cliffs during the migrations.

They fall AND drown while attempting to do something else. A perfect parable of modern times, isn't it?

The only reference to death by falling is the fake news Disney nature documentary.

I'm aware, but an easily understandable, even if erroneous, reference is needed for you NPCs and nonexistent mental faculties.

And feel free to continue the childish naming calling. Your kind always loves to project how you look at yourself onto others. I'll just fall back and reference the case of "I am rubber, you are glue

Aw how cute, more pathetic attempts at appearing all innocent, it must be your NPC programming talking.
Post automatically merged:

Looks like they live in Great Britain, the way it was centuries before the EU was formed in the 1990's.

Uk came to be around 1700, United Europe dates to the Roman empire.

So the vote totals of a secure election are not final anymore? Do tell.

It wasn't an election and it wasn't secure, and the pledges were fully demonstrated to be lies who will not be achieved even if the UK lasts another thousand years, which it won't.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem,
  • Haha
Reactions: TraderPatTX

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
They fall AND drown while attempting to do something else. A perfect parable of modern times, isn't it?

I'm aware, but an easily understandable, even if erroneous, reference is needed for you NPCs and nonexistent mental faculties.

Aw how cute, more pathetic attempts at appearing all innocent, it must be your NPC programming talking.

Have you ever swum before? Nowhere does it say anything about the lemmings falling. And how is drowning while attempting to swim across a body of water dying while attempting to do something else?

If you want a parable for modern times. Watching Black Friday swarms, humans appear to be much worse than lemmings as I've seen far more injuries and deaths at Walmarts across the country than a lemming migration.

No, fake news is never right. It says a lot about you that you feel making up false facts to get your point across is fine.

Error, error deploying fire suppressant to handle a sick burn. Here it comes:

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever swum before?

I have, have you?

If you want a parable for modern times. Watching Black Friday swarms, humans appear to be much worse than lemmings as I've seen far more injuries and deaths at Walmarts across the country than a lemming migration.

That's what I meant.

No, fake news is never right. It says a lot about you that you feel making up false facts to get your point across is fine

I didn't say they were right, illiterate NPC. I said I needed something you would understand, which you did, miraculously. Do you know what "erroneous" means?

Error, error deploying fire suppressant to handle a sick burn.

I mean, I can call the wambulance for you as you need it badly.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
I have, have you?
Yes, many times. And swimming in lakes and rivers like the lemmings would encounter you wade out into them. You don't just fall and suddenly drown.

That's what I meant.
Then you need to say what you mean. People aren't mindreaders, use your words.

I didn't say they were right, illiterate NPC. I said I needed something you would understand, which you did, miraculously. Do you know what "erroneous" means?
So you make a comment on an erroneous fact, and I correct the misinformation. You then back up my claim, while still arguing the opposite. And then say I'm the one having issues understanding things?

Have you tried out for the 2024 Summer Olympics yet? You're a shoo-in for the gold in mental gymnastics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol