• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New UK Prime Minister. 2022 edition. Liz Truss, conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TBF he genuinely couldn't be worse then Liz Truss.

The issues around his family's tax status was a red flag coupled with his mixed record as Chancellor, it's not great. As a Asian man myself, it's defiantly great to see an Asian PM. Still not voting Tory, they've really messed up the Country.

Last edited by emigre,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
That's why people patting themselves on the back about how progressive Britain is are ridiculous. He's not really the first Asian prime minister unless he's voted in by the population.
Exactly. he wasn't voted in by anyone from the public and the Tories will find that out come election time. People voted for the Cons because we wanted Brexit done and believed Boris would sort it out, however he was as corrupt as a snake, Truss was incompetant and Sunak was sneaked into no 10 by the globalists. Labour are a bunch scum as well. A lot of people will be changing their votes to the Reform party and if Nigel Farrage goes back into politics, well you can expect many will vote for his party.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Numbers are already known. Don't need officials (which lie all the time anyway as it is in their vested interest -- see also the inflation rate vs real rates) to tell us that one, it gets a bit hazier a few years out when variable rates are set to kick in.

Equally is labour sufficiently rehabilitated or is this trading bad for less bad?
Isn't that normal? Unless you are a black/white thinker, then less bad is better.

There are preliminary numbers being thrown around, but we won't know what the situation is until 17th November.

I'm not sure what your point about "inflation rate vs real rates" mean. The impact on all 66 million people in the UK will be different, the rpi/cpi is an indication of inflation based on a hypothetical average person. Who obviously doesn't exist.
Post automatically merged:

Exactly. he wasn't voted in by anyone from the public and the Tories will find that out come election time. People voted for the Cons because we wanted Brexit done and believed Boris would sort it out, however he was as corrupt as a snake, Truss was incompetant and Sunak was sneaked into no 10 by the globalists. Labour are a bunch scum as well. A lot of people will be changing their votes to the Reform party and if Nigel Farrage goes back into politics, well you can expect many will vote for his party.
To be fair, anyone who voted for Boris to get brexit done deserves all they got. You made us poorer and have less rights.

Hopefully one day you will all be held responsible. Farage included. The utter piece of shit has already been out conning his goons again.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
To be fair, anyone who voted for Boris to get brexit done deserves all they got. You made us poorer and have less rights.

Hopefully one day you will all be held responsible. Farage included. The utter piece of shit has already been out conning his goons again.
I don't want some unelected EU twat telling me how to live my life and spending my tax money on stuff outside of the UK, so I will NEVER regret leaving the EU or voting for Brexit. The public have spoken, and even after all the project fear propoganda and everything that's happened since we voted to leave, I'd still vote the same way and so would most of the British poplulation. Come election time - we will get rid of some of the Traitors in this country.

Also the likes of people like you that go around calling people 'a piece of shit', well you are the real piece's of shit but you are too stupid to realise that.

Farage has done more for this country in 1 lifetime, than you could achieve if you lived a million lifetimes.

• Haha

tr3vk4m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't want some unelected EU twat telling me how to live my life and spending my tax money on stuff outside of the UK, so I will NEVER regret leaving the EU or voting for Brexit. The public have spoken, and even after all the project fear propoganda and everything that's happened since we voted to leave, I'd still vote the same way and so would most of the British poplulation. Come election time - we will get rid of some of the Traitors in this country.

Also the likes of people like you that go around calling people 'a piece of shit', well you are the real piece's of shit but you are too stupid to realise that.

Farage has done more for this country in 1 lifetime, than you could achieve if you lived a million lifetimes.
Brexit was a terrible mistake and Farage is largely responsible. It has totally screwed our economy.

Also, weak ass comeback. "I know you are but what am I?" Gooby pls.

Not everyone can spell 'propaganda' but those who can't aren't often too thick to use a spell check. smh

Also, I must say. Fuck the Tories.

Just like they've fucked us.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't want some unelected EU twat telling me how to live my life and spending my tax money on stuff outside of the UK,
LOL but German monarchs, House of Lords copied from France and foundations of Roman law are all fine. Besides, EU laws made the UK considerably better, while it's obvious England makes the whole UK worse. No wonder the scots want out, at least the EU is democratic, unlike the UK, corrupt to the brim.
Always excuses. Also, "globalists", you're a sick antisemite so let's add that to your innumerable list of faults. Pathetic scapegoating for your own. Sunak wasn't "sneaked in" by anybody, there were 3 candidates and 2 pulled out, including Alexander de Pfeffel Boris Johnson, and for him pulling out is a first.

Nigel Farage deserves the rope, and anyone who voted for these shambles deserves to go bust and die in a ditch. Voting for Brexit was the single greatest act of treason in peacetime - anyone who voted for it is a neophyte (Lord) Haw-Haw.

"Labour are a bunch of scum" - despite being unable to say why. So LOL.

Also, the UK NEVER elects its prime minister or its own government (unlike the EU, which has it elected twice, one through elected representative and second by MEPs). You're just mad you Tory scum 0.6% can't decide again for millions who the PM is. Deal with it, snowflake.

It has totally screwed our economy.
And with that, it screwed the whole social system and proved, without a shadow of a doubt, the UK isn't a democracy, but an oligarchy - plutocracy, if anything - where England always ends up trouncing the other states of the Union.

I'd still vote the same way and so would most of the British poplulation.
LOL nothing says more "ImBrexile" than failing at your native language, displaying complete ignorance of the constitutional principles of the UK and a 0% in taking responsibility. And this is a lie btw - Record % of Brits who think Brexit was a mistake. Even its architects stopped defending it (except JRM who is a basket case, that living scarecrow who never worked a single day in his life, kinda like Fuhrage).
You're an imbecile. If Brexit is such a good idea why did Fuhrage did the impossible to get a German passport for him and his family, as did plenty of Tory fat cats who bought EU citizenship? They played y'all for mugs.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem,

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are preliminary numbers being thrown around, but we won't know what the situation is until 17th November.

I'm not sure what your point about "inflation rate vs real rates" mean. The impact on all 66 million people in the UK will be different, the rpi/cpi is an indication of inflation based on a hypothetical average person. Who obviously doesn't exist.
The inflation rates as reported by various "official sources" are in a term cooked to all hell and back. Anything they can do to serve their agenda (even more so if their loans are inflation linked, which UK ones are, not that just being "their fault" even if inflation is a lagging thing from the money printing) they often do.
Equally it is not a hypothetical average person, it is supposed to be a list of things that you compare year on year. Except they do things like start off say premium toothpaste of so many ml, if they want to fiddle the stats next year might be store brand mouthburner instead and they can say it is not as high as we thought (repeat for many the many things), and substitutions can also be done (beef for chicken sort of thing). The hypothetical average person might come into play when the VAT exempt list is drawn up.
http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts
https://business.adobe.com/resources/digital-price-index.html (many will use this as a preview of upcoming "official" rates).
https://business.adobe.com/uk/resources/digital-price-index.html
You also have things like the manufacturer indexes/producer price indexes that calculate price to manufacture things (retailer and delivery markups added on top of this, you can't make a business on all loss leaders either and margins on retail are tiny at the best of times https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/071615/what-profit-margin-usual-company-retail-sector.asp , best you will get from that is shrinkflation where the volumes are reduced at the same time as a price bump to soften the apparent blow), and energy costs (if you are not sucking it out of the ground and are somewhere people want to live then you are a value added economy, aka turning energy into things or services)
https://data.oecd.org/price/producer-price-indices-ppi.htm
These tend to be twiddled a bit less which is also when comparing things there makes the twiddling done for the retail aspects even more blatant, or at least a sign of things to come (rising tide lifts all ships after all).

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The inflation rates as reported by various "official sources" are in a term cooked to all hell and back. Anything they can do to serve their agenda (even more so if their loans are inflation linked, which UK ones are, not that just being "their fault" even if inflation is a lagging thing from the money printing) they often do.
Equally it is not a hypothetical average person, it is supposed to be a list of things that you compare year on year. Except they do things like start off say premium toothpaste of so many ml, if they want to fiddle the stats next year might be store brand mouthburner instead and they can say it is not as high as we thought (repeat for many the many things), and substitutions can also be done (beef for chicken sort of thing). The hypothetical average person might come into play when the VAT exempt list is drawn up.
http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts
https://business.adobe.com/resources/digital-price-index.html (many will use this as a preview of upcoming "official" rates).
https://business.adobe.com/uk/resources/digital-price-index.html
You also have things like the manufacturer indexes/producer price indexes that calculate price to manufacture things (retailer and delivery markups added on top of this, you can't make a business on all loss leaders either and margins on retail are tiny at the best of times https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/071615/what-profit-margin-usual-company-retail-sector.asp , best you will get from that is shrinkflation where the volumes are reduced at the same time as a price bump to soften the apparent blow), and energy costs (if you are not sucking it out of the ground and are somewhere people want to live then you are a value added economy, aka turning energy into things or services)
https://data.oecd.org/price/producer-price-indices-ppi.htm
These tend to be twiddled a bit less which is also when comparing things there makes the twiddling done for the retail aspects even more blatant, or at least a sign of things to come (rising tide lifts all ships after all).

This is all very nice and dandy - but I feel rhe effect of inflation in my own finances. Faffed up stats or not, it's real and it bites.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Brexit was a terrible mistake and Farage is largely responsible. It has totally screwed our economy.
Yet, most of the Public voted for it, because they have more sense than you. The economy was already screwed before Brexit - ask the bankers! and of course Covid never helped, and the fact that most of the world in in an economic downturn as well has nothing to do with it.........

Farage is ace, and as I already said, he's achieved more in his life than you ever will, even if you could live your life a million times over you probably wouldn't come close to what he's managed to do.

• Haha

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Equally it is not a hypothetical average person, it is supposed to be a list of things that you compare year on year. Except they do things like start off say premium toothpaste of so many ml, if they want to fiddle the stats next year might be store brand mouthburner instead and they can say it is not as high as we thought (repeat for many the many things), and substitutions can also be done (beef for chicken sort of thing).
A hypothetical average human will also be changing their buying habits.

I agree it's a nightmare to prepare the CPI shopping basket each year, but I'd need to see some evidence that they were deliberately trying to make the figures appear lower than they are.

My buying habits are very different to the CPI shopping basket and have been for at least a decade.

Yet, most of the Public voted for it, because they have more sense than you.
No, they didn't. Another proof that maths is not the strong suit of leave voters.

I don't want some unelected EU twat telling me how to live my life and spending my tax money on stuff outside of the UK, so I will NEVER regret leaving the EU or voting for Brexit.
I think you have major issues understanding how the EU works, they should do an IQ test before letting people vote.

We've had two unelected twats telling you how to live your life in the last couple of months.

The EU is way more democratic than the UK is. So the only conclusion that can be drawn is that it's where the people come from that upsets you, which is xenophobia (although generally now it's common to call it racist). Idiots and racists voted for brexit, some of the idiots are starting to see the light while the racists are a much tougher nut to crack.

Once the conservatives are out of government, we will start to see a more honest approach to the EU. The unelected twats from the IEA have been manipulating the government into their far right ideology for a long time now.

That needs to stop.

Last edited by smf,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
No, they didn't. Another proof that maths is not the strong suit of leave voters.
What mental gymnastics did you use to come to that conclusion? Haha, I bet you also think a man can be a woman and vice versa.

We've had two unelected twats telling you how to live your life in the last couple of months.
That we can agree on, I would never have voted for either of those twats.

I am looking forward to the US elections in a couple of weeks - the red wave is comming! Biden will become even more pointless than he already is and Putin and China can do whatever they want and destroy the status quo, I want the current world to be destroyed just as much as you do, that way we can kill off all of the twats and make it better.

Last edited by mrdude,
  • Haha

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What mental gymnastics did you use to come to that conclusion? Haha, I bet you also think a man can be a woman and vice versa.
Maths. Take the total population (ie the public) and divide it by those who voted to leave.

Did you mean to say, "Of those who were allowed to and then chose to participate in the referendum, slightly more chose to vote to leave than to remain"? It was a rather undemocratic referendum by many measures. Of course you're so pumped on "winning" your empty victory that you are incapable of critical thought.

I bet you think your whataboutism is relevant too....

That we can agree on, I would never have voted for either of those twats.

Liz Truss is basically brexit in human form. The IEA is basically why slightly more people were conned into voting for brexit, than chose to vote to remain.

https://iea.org.uk/films/who-is-liz-truss/

and

It took 44 days to prove the IEA has always been wrong about everything.

If the people hadn't been lied to about what leaving the EU meant, it's clear that we would never have left. conservative doesn't mean libertarian. Which should keep you awake at night with regret.

Last edited by smf,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good I see no harm done