Next Smash Bros. Dropping Cutscenes Because Of Online Uploads

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I facepalmed when I read "[cutscenes are] rewards for playing the game." That... that is not why someone plays SSB... why would it be? Heck, that's not why people play games in general... I'm tired of developers considering cutscenes as rewards when they are nothing of the sort.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's relationship with the internet isn't exactly stellar (cough cough), and here is yet another bump in the road. It seems absolutely silly to remove cutscenes, of all things, just because they end up on the internet. I mean, everything ends up on the internet. You wouldn't remove the game's score just because people might listen to it "out of context" online, right? Right?

By that logic (reductio ad absurdum) why make the game at all, if its going to end up on a torrent site as a .rar zipped iso file.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is a game "not" having a feature that nobody cared about front page news (*coughNSMBUthread*)?

GBATemp is quickly reaching Kotaku status.

I look forward to front page news complaining that there are no games with female leads and the ones that do have boobs that are too big.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Makes sense then. But he could encrypt them in the disc. I saw how the cutscene were leaked last time. Was because they were just there without any protection.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How in the world did someone upload cutscenes from the game ALREADY???? How did they even let someone get a hold of them in the first place. Either way, doesn't bother me much as I've never really got the chance to play a Smash Bros. game.

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is disappointing. I actually enjoyed the cut scenes/story, even if it was totally obscure.

Part of me feels like this is actually because they are trying to rush to get it out. Cutting corners to get it to retail asap.

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are angry, not because of these "cutscenes" but because Ninty is blaming the internet, and punishing its fans over it. I mean come on, its not like the internet was just created yesterday -.-

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm much happier if everyone gets an intro sequence like megaman did.
That's still a step up from those weird image/battle animation mixups they had back in melee

I do however agree that things would work out much better for nintendo if only they would just stop explaining their reasoning all the time.
just say: fuck you, we pay for development, its our decision.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How in the world did someone upload cutscenes from the game ALREADY???? How did they even let someone get a hold of them in the first place. Either way, doesn't bother me much as I've never really got the chance to play a Smash Bros. game.

Some people seem to be a tad confused.
The cutscenes from the New smash bros were NOT leaked.
The decision being made here, is that the NEW smashbros will have NO cutscenes, because all of BRAWL'S cutscenes were uploaded to the Internet.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aren't they ditching the SSE & just doing an adventure mode ala Melee/N64 Smash? Not that much point having cutscenes anyway then...
Cutscenes in SSB are just like the SSE itself: Nice to watch, once! If they're cramming the disc with something that'll last more than one viewing instead then bring it on, so I'm in the 'no big deal' crowd too ;)

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reality left nintendo somewhere far behind. the world changes nintendo, this ain't nintendo 64 days nor are your games as good as from that era. you disappoint me.

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Really disappointing. Not only what Nintendo decided to do to the cutscenes, but also most of the reactions it got here. I thought the cutscenes were a pretty good addition to SSBB.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't make any more games nintendo because people will just do let's play videos and ruin the game so they don't even have to play it

Reactions: p1ngpong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1