Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Sora1234 said:
NOTE: There is always room for improvement. If the guide is missing something please PM me, so I can add it.
^ Does this really have to get bigger?
PM me if there's any more problems with the FAQ. Oh, and keep the offtopicness away.
Guides been fixed*
You don't have to be a condescending dick about it. And I was commenting on your guide, not making suggestions. There was no need to PM anyone.
naglaro00You should fix big typo at the first post ;)
btw I have a question... probably stupid
Q: Is this 3DS thing the DS2 we've been speculating?
I know it's stupid but I'm really confused >_

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
Sora1234 said:
NOTE: There is always room for improvement. If the guide is missing something please PM me, so I can add it.
^ Does this really have to get bigger?
PM me if there's any more problems with the FAQ. Oh, and keep the offtopicness away.
Guides been fixed*
You don't have to be a condescending dick about it. And I was commenting on your guide, not making suggestions. There was no need to PM anyone.
naglaro00 said:
You should fix big typo at the first post ;)
btw I have a question... probably stupid
Q: Is this 3DS thing the DS2 we've been speculating?
I know it's stupid but I'm really confused >_

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Dick fight. Calm down, people. This thread is a great place to dispell rumors and talk about what is and is not confirmed fact, if you explain something to one person in a PM, nobody else sees it, and you might end up having to explain the same thing to 20 people, or people might make threads about what's already been disproven, so it's better to keep info about the FAQ public since the entire point of the FAQ in the first place is to show what is and is not true, and to answer questions, right?
  • Make the text not so ass-huge and bright red, that's ugly and annoying to read. Try a normal text size for the question, but make it a deep dark blue and perhaps bold+underline it.
  • Reduce the space between the question and the answer, but keep the space between the end of an answer and the next question line. This will reduce eyestrain while compressing the FAQ's vertical size without sacrificing readability.
  • E3 is an american convention held in the US, so the 3DS will be demo'd in the US on June 15th-17th of this year, though perhaps not for the public. We will at least get official details on it and lots of magazine and news site articles about it.
  • Change the first question's answer from "it is said" to "nintendo's announcement stated" so people don't think it's a rumor.
  • Any rumors about a virtual console and GBA compatibility are completely unfounded, they're wishes by people (not rumors) and have no connection to anything nintendo has stated or shown. Once nintendo or one of it's employees makes some sort of hint, then it can be confirmed as a rumor, but right now it's just wishing.
  • The official announcement states there WILL be backwards compatibility with DS and DSi games, might want to change the wording in question three to state it's been announced by nintendo, again so people don't think it's a rumor.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
[*]Make the text not so ass-huge and bright red, that's ugly and annoying to read. Try a normal text size for the question, but make it a deep dark blue and perhaps bold+underline it. I lowered the Font size, and changed the text to the darkest blue

[*]Reduce the space between the question and the answer, but keep the space between the end of an answer and the next question line. This will reduce eyestrain while compressing the FAQ's vertical size without sacrificing readability.

Done

[*]E3 is an american convention held in the US, so the 3DS will be demo'd in the US on June 15th-17th of this year, though perhaps not for the public. We will at least get official details on it and lots of magazine and news site articles about it.

Added to the FAQ

[*]Change the first question's answer from "it is said" to "nintendo's announcement stated" so people don't think it's a rumor.

Completed

[*]Any rumors about a virtual console and GBA compatibility are completely unfounded, they're wishes by people (not rumors) and have no connection to anything nintendo has stated or shown. Once nintendo or one of it's employees makes some sort of hint, then it can be confirmed as a rumor, but right now it's just wishing.

Stated

[*]The official announcement states there WILL be backwards compatibility with DS and DSi games, might want to change the wording in question three to state it's been announced by nintendo, again so people don't think it's a rumor.

Finished

[/list]

Meh....Looks way better. Thanks Rydian.

Added Rydian To The FAQ credits.

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should put a warning on the pic saying it's fake, most people won't bother reading it all to read that question
tongue.gif

Nice job.Just add on the "screen size" question that they said they'll be smaller than the ones found on the DSi XL.
smile.gif

D

Deleted_171835

OP
A FAQ isn't necessary until it comes out.
Right now it's just mindless speculation. Barely anything was revealed to us aside from the fact that it can display 3D and is a next-gen consoles. When the 3DS comes out in Japan, then release a FAQ.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I fixed the BBCode and some grammatical errors.

Code:
[center][size=6][color="#FF0000"]Nintendo 3DS FAQ[/color][/size]ÂÂÂÂ 

[img]http://thecoolgadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/nintendo-3ds-concept-493x348.jpg[/img]
^ Fake Picture[/center]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q: What is the Nintendo 3DS?[/size][/color]
ÂÂ[color="#000000"]A: The Nintendo 3DS is the successor to the popular Nintendo DS system. Nintendo announced it to have a special* 3D screen, so that the viewer can see a 3D image without the need of 3D glasses.[/color]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q: Wait....What? A 3D image without, 3D glasses?[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"]A: There have been speculation on how the screen with work, and the most agreed type of 3D screen is a new "Sharp" screen. Said to be about 30 cm apart, and 12.7 cm diagonal, and used in Gaming Handhelds, Smartphones, and GPS devices. More information can be found[/color] [url="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218732"]here[/url]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q: Why Nintendo? I just bought tons of DS games.[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"]A: Well, you're screwed! Just kidding. The Nintendo 3DS has backwards compatibility with Nintendo DSi, and DS games.[/color]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q:ÂÂ:(ÂÂIt's going to cost a fortune.[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"]A: Possibly. No set price has been set for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS system. Most speculation suggests that the price will be between $150-$200. [/color]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q: Alright. How big is the screen size?[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"]A: That is unknown, along with the systems length, width, and so on.[/color]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q:[color="#C0C0C0"][size="2"]*Throws away computer*[/size][/color] I heard it has the NVIDIA chipset in it.[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"]A: >_> Also unknown. Most speculation leads to the answer "Perhaps". The NVIDIA chip, would increase the value and graphics capability of the Nintendo 3DS, but who knows?[/color]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q: I want my Nintendo 3DS NAOWW!!1111[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"]A: It is rumoured to be out in October of 2010, but Nintendo is showing it off at E3. 
(E3 is an American convention held in the US, so the 3DS will be demo'd in the US on June 15th-17th of this year, though perhaps not for the public. We will at least get official details on it and lots of magazine and news site articles about it.)[/color]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q: Pictures, or it didn't happen.[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"]A: No prototype pictures have been released to the public.[/color]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q: Will it have the same processing power as the Nintendo Gamecube?[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"]A: Some say it will, other say it won't. We'll just have to see.[/color]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q: I Found the 3DS!!1[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"]A. No you didn't, if it looks anything like the picture above, and in the link below, then it's NOT it. Most pictures will be revealed closer to the release date.
[url="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=217318"]Nintendo 3DS Temp Mock Up Thread[/url][/color]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q: Does the DS in 3DS stand for Dual Screen?[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"]A: Most likely but it doesn't have to be 2 separate. 3DS can also stand for 3D Screen or 3D SuperHand Held. The term DS stands for 2 things, Dual-Screen, and for Dev's it's Developers System. The name 3DS is just a tentative name, the real name will be announced on E3.[/color]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q: How do you know about the Nintendo 3DS?[/size][/color]
A: Nintendo of Japan's press release revealed it. It is said that they revealed it to prevent another Japanese magazine that got a hold of 3DS info of leaking it before Nintendo officialy revealed it.[url="http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf"]Nintendo's Press Release [PDF][/url]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q: Is this 3DS thing the DS2 we've been speculating?[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"]A:Yes, it's the successor, to the Nintendo DS(i).[/color]

[color="#000080"][size=2]Q:Does it print money?[/size][/color]
[spoiler][title:56K Warning][img]http://gbatemp.net/up/prints_money.gif[/img][/spoiler]

[u][size=2][color="#8B0000"]Credits[/color][/size][/u]

Dead End
King Vamp
Rydian
DeMoN
xcdjy
naglaro00
Sabregod 
Popoffka

If anyone has any more questions. Feel free to post them here. Instead of cluttering up the Nintendo 3DS forum.
NOTE: There is always room for improvement. If the guide is missing something please PM me, so I can add it. :yay:

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"We haven't yet got hold of a specific launch date - but Sunday, October 10 (10/10/10) is surely a front runner."

My 17th birthday, no less!

Just a shame it'd be the Japanese release date.

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also Why there was no information source. The only link provided did not have anything posted in the thread. Most of the information posted is based on rumors and speculations and it isn't a FAQ

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The image says it's fake right below the image.

Most of the info in the FAQ is speculation and is listed as such, there are some facts and they are stated in the official nintendo announcement (which is the source), such as it playing DS games, having a 3D screen that doesn't need glasses, and being released before the end of the first quarter of 2011.

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:

Most of the info in the FAQ is speculation and is listed as such, there are some facts and they are stated in the official nintendo announcement (which is the source), such as it playing DS games, having a 3D screen that doesn't need glasses, and being released before the end of the first quarter of 2011.

Well, regardless of the image -- there isn't much in the way of solid information about the 3DS, so you can't really have an FAQ based on speculation and rumours.

Possibly either when Nintendo releases additional info about it, or E3 rolls around would be when a FAQ on the 3DS would be required.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sabregod said:
Rydian said:

Well, regardless of the image -- there isn't much in the way of solid information about the 3DS, so you can't really have an FAQ based on speculation and rumours.

Possibly either when Nintendo releases additional info about it, or E3 rolls around would be when a FAQ on the 3DS would be required.

Will update the FAQ as more information on the Nintendo 3DS comes out*

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Sora1234 said:
Q:Does it print money?

A:
2hp1vo2-jpg.gif
Put the image in a spoiler like I said in the above post.
dry.gif

It's annoying and 'unprofessional' to have a distracting .gif in the FAQ.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye