• Replies 284
  • Likes 1

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I completely take back everything I said if those OoT screenshots are real. That looks great.

I'm still not convinced those are real, but it looks like the screen will be able to handle it.

I'm preparing my crow right now...

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Sora1234 said:
DeltaBurnt said:

Hm....Thanks for the advice, but I'm mainly describing the 3DS itself. Someone already posted a thread with the list of games coming out for it, in the 3DS forum.

K, well then don't forget to add that the 3DS can take 3D pictures with it's two outside cameras.

Thank you. Added*

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg. Really? SSF4 for 3DS? Wow. I'm just going insane right now after E3. Might as well make the next Monster Hunter series on 3DS as well.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t377y000 said:
what about pokemon?, a while back the pokemon company said they had a 3DS dev kit & was working on something.

Nothing was announced. The only poke'mon games that we know of are coming out, are Black, and White.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sora1234 said:
Escape said:
You should also add:

Q: Will it be possible to turn the 3D effect on and off?
A: Yes, there will most likely be a switch, or perhaps you'll be able to change it through the main screen.

It's been confirmed that it's indeed possible to turn the 3D effect on and off, but the way is still unknown.

Added* Put your name in the credits*

Done.
moogle.gif

I just assumed that the slider up at the top by the 3D screen was for the 3D effect strength. One doesn't put an "off" for volume.

EDIT:

"A slider on the right-hand side of the screen lets you adjust how “deep” the 3-D effect looks. You can take it all the way down to zero and see the games in 2-D, or you can crank it up."

Read More http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/06/nint.../#ixzz0qyRGrdGP

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
IBNobody said:
I just assumed that the slider up at the top by the 3D screen was for the 3D effect strength. One doesn't put an "off" for volume.
That's correct! Slider on the side of the top screen is in fact for adjusting the 3D effect..Though I'm not sure if it's for "sharpening" the effect, or for adjusting the depth.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you can adjust the settings for the 3D via the switch (Slider). Either way, if it strengthens depth, or sharpness there's a option to completely turn off the 3D effect, by turning it 2D. As you can see on the right side, of the picture of the 3DS below the lowest setting is labeled off.
biggrin.gif
I wanna buy it so, badly. I was a little disappointed when they didn't release a price/date.

3ds_big.png

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what the slider on the lower half, right side does? It's in the same position as the DS Lite's power slider, but there's already a face power button. Could it be for Wifi?

http://www.nintendo-online.de/news/6298/e3...r-nintendo-3ds/

I think so, because it has barely legible text underneath that looks like "Wireless".

EDIT: And a square LED, like the power LED on the front.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
I wonder what the slider on the lower half, right side does? It's in the same position as the DS Lite's power slider, but there's already a face power button. Could it be for Wifi?

I think so, because it has barely legible text underneath that looks like "Wireless".

Nevermind. I see it. I also wonder what it is. Maybe a WLAN switch like the PSP's? So you can conserve battery power?

It's highly unlikely, but it could be a screen brightness slider. So you can control the screens brightness.

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RoxasIsSora said:
IBNobody said:

Nevermind. I see it. I also wonder what it is. Maybe a WLAN switch like the PSP's? So you can conserve battery power?

It's highly unlikely, but it could be a screen brightness slider. So you can control the screens brightness.

If the thing can connect while it is asleep, wouldn't having a wireless switch make sense?

It does say "Wi", and it almost looks like "Wifi"...

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On an unrelated note...

"Nintendo, based in Kyoto, will start selling the 3DS player by March 2011, President Satoru Iwata said in an interview yesterday. A price for the device, which is equipped with three cameras and a motion sensor, hasn’t been set, he said."

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-1...r-update2-.html

2011? No Christmas Release? Bummer!

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
On an unrelated note...

"Nintendo, based in Kyoto, will start selling the 3DS player by March 2011, President Satoru Iwata said in an interview yesterday. A price for the device, which is equipped with three cameras and a motion sensor, hasn’t been set, he said."

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-1...r-update2-.html

2011? No Christmas Release? Bummer!

We've known that it would come early 2011 for awhile now.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres a question for ya: Whats the overall size of the machine.
It seems to be no bigger than the DS lite or DSi.
Was kinda hoping it would be more DSi XL sized really.
If they plan an XL version I'd probably wait for that.
What? I have big hands and need big screens.
tongue.gif

Either that or I'll have to hope for a price drop on the DSi XL. I bet thats gonna be rare a year or two after the 3DS.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shadow1w2 said:
Heres a question for ya: Whats the overall size of the machine.
It seems to be no bigger than the DS lite or DSi.
Was kinda hoping it would be more DSi XL sized really.
If they plan an XL version I'd probably wait for that.
What? I have big hands and need big screens.
tongue.gif

Either that or I'll have to hope for a price drop on the DSi XL. I bet thats gonna be rare a year or two after the 3DS.
According to http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds,

When closed:
5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall.

So when open, it'll probably work out at a little under 6 inches long.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Marlonguppy said:
Yup, its TRUE, March 2011 in Japan.
Iwata said that in a interview yesterday (How? Really simple: TV.), and its confirmed.

The article is right (See post above).
Note: by March 2011. That doesn't necessarily mean March 2011 will be the month it will launch. All that means is that it's the latest it'll launch.

OP: Legend of Zelda OoT 3D was officially announced. So you should update that in your post.

ufotrash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't really needed to be added to the main FAQ, since these are not official yet, I just thought this was interesting. The main FAQ features the three colors most of us have seen, blue, red, and black...but apparently there are two more colors on display at E3. Purple and Orange...Sorry in advance if this has been posted somewhere else already.

I mean, I still like the blue one for myself, personally, but we haven't seen any purple or orange DSes yet so I'm kinda hoping these get to be a reality!

PURPLE 1
PURPLE 2
PURPLE 3

ORANGE 1
ORANGE 2

Source.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just looking at a built in mouse pad keyboard combo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I loose the dongle constantly but they may have better connection with usb frequency
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Imo Bluetooth is always a option of last resort for me
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Except for phones because it tends to be pretty reliable there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a bad habit of taking out usb transmitter and loosing it because they can't you know print names on the damn things
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to work reliably and stable. It might pair and connect once, and then next time I go to use it I have to delete and re-pair it again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5.3 has been so good I think 6 is really going to make it stable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember how shit 3 was
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Ptouch labeler aren't terribly expensive, label shit yourself fam. This is the one I own and there are cheaper ones too https://www.amazon.com/Brother-P-Touch-PTH110BP-Portable-included/dp/B09QXYND6S
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Solves part of the problem, mixing up which dongle is which. Then you just have to not lose them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Double D would be proud
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Even my Xbox One controller I have it paired to my desktop over Bluetooth, it USUALLY works but sometimes it refuses to connect and I have to delete and re-pair it. Maddening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gigabytes built in mobo bt/wifi pairs pretty decent
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's what I'm using :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ran a driver update in device manager?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not recently but I think it's less a driver issue and more just Windows having a garbage Bluetooth stack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be I was having issues when I first upgraded it and didn't realiser gigabyte has specific driver revisions which is stupid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which is married to the boards revision
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Made my first review
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of keyboards and mice. It just stays put.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    tldr usb > bluetooth imo
    +2
    ive never had luck with built in bt transmitters. They're always in the back of the pc and signal is super crummy vs a usb bt dongle in the front of the pc,
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I use an antenna for the built into in WiFi and BT connection it works great
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    ASRock ftw lol but the antenna is from Linksys
    Anyone else a horror flick fan? I just dl'd Abigail.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Anyone else a horror flick fan? I just dl'd Abigail.