Nintendo Direct - September 14, 2023 - Princess Peach: Showtime gets new trailer, Mario vs D.K. remake announced

Ready to check in on what Nintendo has in store for the rest of the year? Amidst rumors and teases, the latest Nintendo Direct is here to bring all sorts of news, which we'll be covering. The event kicks off at 7 am PT/9 am CT. Join us here when it starts to see all the reveals as they're announced.

Here we go. Splatoon leads off the Direct. This is the Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass, Side Order. It takes place in the Spire of Order, a single player DLC with lots of replayability. Spring 2024.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong is back. This is a remake of the original, which adds local coop as well. February 16th.

Prince of Persia - The Last Crown gets a new trailer, showing off its 2.5D sidescroller gameplay. January 18th.

Horizon Chase 2 is a 3D racer. Couch coop or online multiplayer available. Launches today.

Super Crazy Rhythm Castle is a music game. There's 30 tracks, some of which come from Konami franchises. November 14th.

SpyxAnya: Operation Memories is an anime game based on the popular series. Launches next year.

Super Mario RPG's remake gets an overview trailer. Action commands are back, with a gauge that charges up. Once it's full you can use an ultimate 3-character super attack. Once you beat the game, you can refight bosses. Releases November 17th.

Trace Memory is getting a remake, under the name Another Code: Two Memories. It's a point and click adventure game from the Nintendo DS. The sequel is also included, which never saw a western release originally. Another Code Recollection launches January 19th.

The Princess Peach game is next. You play as Peach, who can transform into different forms, including Swordfighter Peach and Detective Peach, each of which changes the gameplay. It's called Princess Peach: Showtime, releases March 22.

SaGa gets a new entry. SaGa: Emerald Beyond, which has 6 protagonists to play as. There's lots of paths for the story to take. It's a turn-based game. It'll be out sometime next year.

Lara Croft makes her return in Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Collection. With improved visuals, or the original look. Launches February 14th. Includes secret levels and expansions.

Detective Pikachu is here. Growlithe, Darmanitan, and Luxray will help Pikachu figure out a mystery. October 6th.

Trombone Champ is another rhythm game, where you can intentionally play the trombone very poorly. It has motion controls, too. There's 50 songs from all sorts of genres, and local co-op. It's out today.

10 teams of 3 fight in a new battle royale called Battle Crush. It's free to play, with a release next Spring.

Wartales is a new tactical RPG. 4 player online coop. It's a timed Switch exclusive, launching later today.

Contra: Operation Galuga is a reimagining of the original game. It comes from Wayforward.

Liberate a kingdom by creating your own army, and recruiting all sorts of characters. Atlus and Vanillaware bring Unicorn Overlord, launching March 8. Tactical RPG.

Luigi's Mansion 2: HD is real.

Nintendo is opening a museum in Japan.

Noah, Mio, Zelda, and Ganon are all getting amiibos. Sora is also getting his amiibo, finally. 2024 release.

F-Zero is back in the form of F-Zero 99. Complete goals to unlock new cosmetics. It's exclusive for NSO members, and launches later today.

Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story is a sprite-based crafting game. There's quests, fishing, and exploration. Launches 2024.

Song of Nunu: A League of Legends Story is out this November.

A new Wario Ware game based on motion control minigames. Over 200 micro games. Wario Ware: Move It launches November 3rd.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is out April 23rd.

Eastward is getting an expansion this holiday.

Wargroove 2 is coming. There's a new faction, supercharged commander moves, and a roguelike mode. You can even make your own campaign. It's a Switch console exclusive.

Dave the Diver has you catch fish at day, and then turn them into sushi. Customers will ask for fish, and you need to prepare it for them. Launches October 26th.

The final Mario Kart 8 Booster Course DLC is here. Peachette, Diddy Kong, Pauline, and Funky Kong are all playable.

Among Us is getting a new map. The Fungle.

The last announcement is Paper Mario. Thousand Year Door is getting remastered. 2024.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
FInally more Splatoon Side Order news. Hopefully it's better than what the final splatfesthas to offer for us (Shiver winning like 95% of the previous splatfests ruined my relatioship with 3 specifically)

I like the remake of the new Mario vs Donkey Kong game and having local coop sounds like a lot of fun,

Thanks for reminding me that a new SMRPG Remake is coming out :D I like more of the stuff in there

The new Princess Peach game is looking just as great as ever, might be a bit better than the one on the DS tbh

The new contra game is sick, good to see Konami reviving the series (along with Nintendo a bit with F-Zero 99)

I don't care about the NIntendo museum unless it gets released outside of Japan

Can't wait for WarioWare Smooth Moves 2, Ready to play as Pauline, Diddy Kong, and Funky Kong I predicted them a while ago that they're going to get in)

And the Paper Mario TTYD remake. never played TTYD, and heard too much about it. it's the most overrated one of the bunch.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
god nintendo, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU MORE every nintendo direct going forward. it's always the same.
I don't have any expectations left but I still get crushed, every fucking time. my expectations are already below 9000 and I still lower them and still get crushed. It feels like playing lottoery. you know you won't ever win, but you still play and you feel like the lottery own you a win some day. but you will not win, so I will never get a game I want out of nintendo, I can only collect the small pity wins, like the new tactical rpg.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
This Direct fucking sucks. Its like a gamble, you never know what you're gonna get. 99% of the time, it's shit.

I hope that the next one talks about their new console. Most of the stuff was just remakes. Just showing more that the Switch needs to die and get replaced with something much better.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
Somehow Nintendo showing F-Zero 99 was worse than showing nothing at all of F-Zero. It's like a joke to them.

Yeah... While it's considered a new F-Zero game, this is nothing compared to what other people expected, and I can understand their shame.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Somehow Nintendo showing F-Zero 99 was worse than showing nothing at all of F-Zero. It's like a joke to them.
And then once again, deleted from the eShop.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wouldn't say it's their worst direct yet but 90% of the stuff was garbage indies and other shit not worth playing. 2 games worth it only: luigis mansion 2 HD and PMTTYD. the rest in the trash and zomg worst warioware EVA!

• i predicted shit
  • i expected shit
  • and i got shit

thanks nintendo! :glare:

Reactions: Marc_LFD

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the problem with another Peach?
Spoken as a TRUE Hulkamaniac - I like my princesses ALL MALE ALL THE TIME BROTHER!!! /s

Edit: ok, apparently SylveReZ doesn't get the joke, so I'll explain. There is no discrimination going on here. Just joking about the fact they took the Peach character and made it into Peachette. Not that deep and even ended it with /s to show the blatant sarcasm. Chill.

Last edited by The_Hulkster,

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually quite enjoyed that! Unicorn Overlord (weird name?) looks really cool - it reminds me of the old STING RPGs. I recently played through Thousand Year Door using a HD texture pack, but any excuse to play Paper Mario again is good in my books. Mario vs DK and Another Code is pretty exciting, too!

...what's not exciting is how quickly I'm falling behind on my backlog.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol