Nintendo Ends Miiverse This November In Japan

img_0.jpg
Launched back in 2012 on the WiiU, Nintendo's social network is officially closing down this November 8 in Japan.

After shutting down, accessing Miiverse will have the following error codes 115-5004 for the Wii U and 015-5004 for the 3DS:

errorcode_a.jpg

The over 70 Wii U games and over 20 Nintendo 3DS games that have Miiverse features in Japan will be left feeling empty after the service shuts down, as illustrated in Super Mario Bros. U image below:

miiverse_mario_u_a.jpg

No word if or when Miiverse will be affected in other regions. However, it shouldn't come as a surprise since the Nintendo Switch does not use Miiverse features. Time to move on, I guess.

:arrow: SOURCE

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I once drew a Burka-wearing Zero Suit Samus. Of course the mods didn't like it. Does it make me or them Islamophobic/racist?

Why did Miiverse need moderators to begin with? Just ban certain words. People can't post pictures of their genitals anyway (only ingame stuff). But you can't prevent them from talking about them - even with moderators. To quote Game of Thrones: Maybe it is all cocks in the end. XD

Anyway it makes me sad.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I once drew a Burka-wearking Zero Suit Samus. Of course the mods didn't like it. Does it make me or them Islamophobic/racist?

Why did Miiverse need moderators to begin with? Just ban certain words. People can't post pictures of their genitals anyway (only ingame stuff). But you can't prevent them from talking about them - even with moderators. To quote Game of Thrones: Maybe it is all cocks in the end. XD

Anyway it makes me sad.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the digital preservationists: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/settings/download_request

People can't post pictures of their genitals anyway (only ingame stuff)
Uh, hello? What forum are you posting in? Nothing's stopping a "compromised" Wii U or 3DS from sending arbitrary image data or linking to arbitrary YouTube videos. Miiverse did need moderation staff.

Still, Miiverse was cute, and while I knew it would happen eventually, it's still sad to see it go. The connectivity of unexpected games like Deus Ex was always nice. At least the reqlly important games won't be hurt by its absence.

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel that Nintendo should've kept this going. It felt very Original in a Nintendo sort of way. I really like all the little things that Nintendo does to stay original. Seems like they're trying to pick it up and stay on par with the big guys... I liked the direction Nintendo is going, still do, except the lack of color, and by that I mean that stuff like this makes Nintendo stand out from the crowd. Don't really care if people think it was childish or dumb or whatever. I'll miss this miiverse thing..

S

Saiyan Lusitano

why do so many people hate Miiverse, out of the 3 major consoles, Nintendo's Miiverse was the cutest and most interesting "community" feature, sure trolls came with the territory, but it was still a wonderful and simple little thing to have
Maybe because loads used to make false reports to get posts they didn't like removed or have that user suspended or permanently banned (still able to check Miiverse posts).

Nintendo didn't give two shits about Miiverse.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few friends on Miiverse.

Well I guess I'll never see those people again :/

Perhaps I should get their email addresses so I can still communicate with them.

Reactions: DarthDub

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*facepalm* no, no and no. The ammount of code is as good an indicator for ammount of security bugs as a CPU clock frequency a good indicator for how fast the computer runs. Sony's playstation os has probably less security issues (less hax is a good indicator I guess) not because its short but because they actually invested money in software security

Hahahaha. Sony does security better? Sir you are quite delusional. Hackers owned the PS3 and they also have kexploits for PS4. You need to reevaluate your argument.

D

Deleted User

And it was the community that did that when new updates broke old exploits.
Yeah the "community", by which I mean smea who is the only one who maintains ninjhax... the fact that others did other entrypoints isnt really supporting your point as 1. There are less then 10 people who made them and its not really "the community" and 2. You know that a wall is weak and poorly made/maintained when it takes just one person to dig a hole and it doesnt really matter that others also made more holes...

And about sony being so strong- last hacked version is pretty old so IDK where you pull ur info from

EDIT- sorry but I wont reply to you anymore if you continue talking about it, I guess I cant make everybody understand everything..

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/s/0ydzaQyxhi basically same issue