Gaming Nintendo GBA just corrupt games

Shaffy

Buffed Paddler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
(I have no idea of if it's great title/place for that)

So I have an Nintendo GBA, and like when I put game inside (like Mario Kart: Super Circuit) it's "semi-corrupt" the game, like title screen have a bit of corrupted graphics and maps like Mario Circuit are corrupted (green space where lakitu just bring you later to the green space until there is no more), or SMA2: SMW where every menu is great and mario bros works, but when I get to the map, it's just corrupted everywhere and if I can get into one level, then it's just the bonus level and it's soft-lock after :/

Please help...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Somewhat odd there. Normally we would expect to see the Nintendo logo (the pink thing at the bottom) be garbled and the game failing to boot. For it to get to the game and then fail in various ways is somewhat unexpected, though no outside reason.

Same first suspect for causes though. That being the pins on either the cart or inside the GBA are bent or got covered in crud and need to be cleaned.

Contact cleaner (don't use automotive contact cleaner) is good stuff. Some get on with wire brushes if they have access. In a pinch then inserting and removing the cart a whole bunch of times can at least make things work temporarily.

Shaffy

Buffed Paddler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, yeah, I've forgot to say that, the game works perfectly fine on the DS Lite :unsure:, so I guess it's from the GBA but I'll just try to clean the pin or the console/cartridge.

EDIT: Still happening, really. :/ Here a pic to see what exactly happening (sorry it's kinda big)
5mllk95.jpg

Last edited by Shaffy,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could still be the cart if the DS lite happens to have strong springs to cut through a bit of the dirt -- not so much for the GBA but we used to have plenty of people with DS flash carts that would work in one unit but not another.

That said that is very odd corruption. I don't know if the title screen is a bitmap image (most things on the GBA are tiles and such but there are options for bitmap type things, usually for special occasions like title screens. I don't want to say a hardware failure inside the GBA (however many years it is now I could expect to see some failures) but it is working its way up through my mind.

On the other hand you might have to clean some more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo